Camping World buys Gander Mountain

http://www.outdoorlife.com/camping-world-buys-out-gander-mountain?dom=rss-default&src=syn

Looks like they are going to close at least half of the stores. Better use up your gift cards and points while you can. I'm not that surprised. Just bought my daughters turkey gun from there and the experience was let's just say, less than satisfying. 

• Like 1

Henrietta is closing 9/1/17. 10-30%off around store except guns. There is a freeze on all rewards points on cards now and rewards out there are good for about another month. They do not know what is happening with on line sales...Just ordered second Cabelas card for Mr B. Will stop using Gander then pay off and cut up.

33 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

I got an email that says they are all closing....also says you must use all gift cards by 5/182da5c8526f0c590756804015e9f904be.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My brother received the same email. True story back when they had wall mounts one (elk or caribou) fell off the wall 20 ft above me. Landed a foot away I left knowing I was 1 ft away from being a millionaire. About 2010ish in Middletown.

• Like 3

On 5/4/2017 at 4:23 PM, Larry302 said:

Guy from work, also works their gun counter , was the sales guy pretty tall ,with a first name of Nick ?

Yes. He was great when I picked the gun up. No issues there. The guy that sold it ordered the wrong gun, told me incorrect info on when it would be in and generally didn't seem to know what he was doing. Plus I was one of 3 customers in the whole place and still waited 30 mins to get any help to begin with. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Any idea if the gander mountain credit cards still work?

Yes. If you go to the main site it gives the exact date 5/18. Better hurry up, Middletown was packed today. I would say usually 1/10 of the parking lot is full today it was 9/10.

Well we took a drive down to the Kingston store on this rainy day. Sales suck. They sure aren't in a rush yet to get rid of anything. I did pick up a new pair of rubber boots just because I really needed new ones since my other pair split the other day turkey hunting.
A lot of other people there griping about the lack of good discounts to. I never really realized how over priced they are for a lot of things compared to cabelas.

I went to the Tonawanda store yesterday and it was packed. I have no idea why so many people in the checkout lines the deals are not deals. They jacked their prices up and put 20% off stickers on them. I recently purchased a pair of keen boots for work for $90 from there and the price on them yesterday was $139. Treestands were jacked up also. Maybe give it another try a couple days before the lights are officially turned off.

• Like 1

I went to the Tonawanda store yesterday and it was packed. I have no idea why so many people in the checkout lines the deals are not deals. They jacked their prices up and put 20% off stickers on them. I recently purchased a pair of keen boots for work for $90 from there and the price on them yesterday was $139. Treestands were jacked up also. Maybe give it another try a couple days before the lights are officially turned off.

Funny you say that. While we were browsing around I told my wife that it looks like they jacked up the prices and then slapped 10-20% off on it. If they had some actual deep discounts I would of picked up a bunch of stuff.

ADK...The card company is separate so yes it  works ......BUT, you no longer get any  points. I ordered a second Card for Mr B. on my Cabelas account. as soon as that arrives the Gander gets cut and played off. We do that each month any how,but the cross over stuff.

1 hour ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Funny you say that. While we were browsing around I told my wife that it looks like they jacked up the prices and then slapped 10-20% off on i

That my friend is the American way of the retail business. Happens every year right around Black Friday and it sucks them in like sardines..:lol:

• Like 2

That my friend is the American way of the retail business. Happens every year right around Black Friday and it sucks them in like sardines..default_laugh.gif

True that. Won't find me out on that day ever. At our union contract meeting last week, our utility guys(cleaners/floor sweepers-aka unimportant) were pushing to switch our Veterans Day holiday for Black Friday instead. The rest of us just shook our heads and asked not to be associated with such people...