Crossbow Bill S1386 is on the Senate Environmental Conservation Committee Meeting Agenda

tughillmcd

17 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Correct. Hunting/fishing licenses don't make the state any money. It's more of the hotels, restaurants, sporting goods stores that make out during those seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank Heavens they don't rely on my commercial contributions for any of their resources. Since I primarily hunt from home, nobody really gets any of my restaurant or hotel money as part of my hunting. And while equipment purchases may seem expensive, most of us likely get a lot of years out of these purchases. I doubt that any of that really gets a lot of attention from our legislators. In fact what really pushes their buttons is whether anything about us or from us helps them get re-elected. Sadly, I think our influence in that area is not really all that impressive.

• Like 3

i don't know how much i'd hunt with it.  more and more i have a draw to revert back to trad gear.  i do have a real itch to buy one though.  i used to buy expensive high end compounds each year.  i've scaled back a little.  my primary hunting bow is a 2011 and it's still more than fine.

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If I get bored in the fall, i'll buy a brand new supped up Mathews and smoke someone's target buck in October

really?  Mathews bows come with soup now?  my october buck will most likely be smoked  ....snack sticks, hot dogs, jerky, whatever you want i'll share.  i mean if it's as discouraging as getting food with a customers Mathews bow now so they won't starve, it's the least i could do.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

really?  Mathews bows come with soup now?  my october buck will most likely be smoked  ....snack sticks, hot dogs, jerky, whatever you want i'll share.  i mean if it's as discouraging as getting food with a customers Mathews bow now so they won't starve, it's the least i could do.

Heck ya ,waffles and soup.

18 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Heck ya ,waffles and soup.

damn they know the business!  must be competing with Hoyt's lifetime free admission to any Waffle House.

FYI sorry John about shattering your rule, but the bill is in hibernation until next year and based on the title i assume Rick's going to post another thread anyway.

Yea. Supped up with AEM cold air intake and Borla Exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2017 at 3:56 AM, Doc said:

So, is that it??? Is Crossbow full inclusion in archery season officially dead for another year?

Sorry Doc, I missed your post.

The bills are now in limbo and will be reintroduced in January 2018 when the legislature goes into session.

Thus the answer to your question is, there is no change to the crossbow regulations for this fall.

• Like 1