anyone buying a new cam

Whats everyone buying in 2017 , I have my mind set on on a new Browing strike force pro in the very near future. I've been a moultrie fan for years but I am not impressed with the 2017 line up .

I may get another spy point force 11 D also. 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:35 AM, sbuff said:

Whats everyone buying in 2017 , I have my mind set on on a new Browing strike force pro in the very near future. I've been a moultrie fan for years but I am not impressed with the 2017 line up .

I may get another spy point force 11 D also. 

I, too, am curous. What is the best cam right now for say under $200? I like the ones that take 8 AA batteries and have 3 shot burst. they seem to last a long a time for me.

40 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What models/price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year's and this year's strike force and strike force HD pro from 139-159..

I believe the spy point force  11D is still the fastest on the market, I love mine . That runs 150.

• Like 2

I tried the Browning cam and didn't think it was any better than my Covert MP8 and MP6's. Although the night pics were less blurry on the Browning.

I've got some Coverts that are on their fourth year and haven't been taken out of the woods since the day I bought them. 6 months or more of battery life, and I've yet to have one fail. Makes me sick when I think of the money I spent on Wildgame or Wildview products a few years back. 

I'm going to add a couple more Covert MP8's this year.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I tried the Browning cam and didn't think it was any better than my Covert MP8 and MP6's. Although the night pics were less blurry on the Browning.

I've got some Coverts that are on their fourth year and haven't been taken out of the woods since the day I bought them. 6 months or more of battery life, and I've yet to have one fail. Makes me sick when I think of the money I spent on Wildgame or Wildview products a few years back. 

I'm going to add a couple more Covert MP8's this year.

I have two MP8s and love them. And I feel your pain, I have also spent a good amount of money on WGI cams over the years. I'm done with them. I also have a Scoutguard cam that I picked up from Phade that I really like.

• Like 1

I have used Moultrie, Wildgame, and Stealth cams. Out of the three...for the money  I am most satisfied with the Wildgame, and the Moultrie second. Not a big fan of the Stealth cams because of battery life. I thing if I buy another one it will be a Browning. They seem to take the best pictures and have the best reputation from what I have seen.

So what you getting Biz ?

Not sure. I like the ease of the stealth cams and sometimes sportsman guide sells them in 2 packs for $150. I'll decide in July to get more cams or
Not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I likely have too many trail cameras...but I now have some new land...so I guess I need more.  I have cameras made by Cuddeback, Bushnell, Moultrie, Stealth, Wildgame, Primos, and my newest were a pair of Spy Point Force 10's last winter.  I bought the Spy Points because of the very high ratings that went with a very good price ($89 each I believe).  Love them, and I am buying (2) more this summer.  I have bought several cameras for around $100, but none of them are as good as the Spy Points, IMO.

Out of all my cameras I like the Bushnell HDs probably the best, mostly because of the Hybrid settings that take both pics and videos with each trigger.  The Spy Points do the same thing, but cost me less than half the price.   Both have great battery life with rechargeables as well. 

On 6/3/2017 at 7:52 AM, GreeneHunter said:

I bought a threepack of p-14 last black Friday for $150. Most reliable camera out out of the five models I have. Simple not fancy at all but clear pictures cheap and reliable. I just bought a new Bushnell trophy cam E3. Like death from above said so far the big plus is camera and time lapse pictures at the same time.

• Like 2

Trail cams nowadays are like a Chevy vs Ford vs. Dodge/Ram debate.

Some people are fans or have positive experiences of one brand and opposite for another.

I try not to look at companies, but rather models and production runs within those models if possible. A good company can have a bad model year, bad model run, etc. just as likely as they can have a good model year and run.

The 2016 Browning Strike Force HDE and Dark Ops HDE have been winners for the large majority of customers. The 17s have increased sensing and some marketed increased night illumination - I suspect that the light output wasn't changed, but the nighttime parameters were to increase distance (but also some grain). Deals on the 16s are pretty good $-wise, and unless you need a cam for a field edge, the 16s probably do fine. As the 17s come down in price a bit, they might be worth a buy. I do like the 17 Spec Ops for videos.

I did have a 15 Strike Force HD just go down, losing the illuminators, but that cam has been outside since March/April of 2015. It still takes day pics...truth be told my buddy dropped it out of the truck before it was set this last time and that may have done it.

I think there are some improved cell  and wireless mesh cam models coming out in the next 12 mos. which will be interesting.

The tough part is people expect a lot out of blackflash cams and the science is just such that night images are never going to be as clear as a quality red IR camera. I still prefer blackflash when possible and understand the tradeoffs. I think the market is getting to a point of fewer tech advances - would hope to see quality go up, but usually the only way that happens is a change in consumer demand. People complain about trail cam quality, yet people still buy them in growing numbers each year.

• Like 4

Another browning fan here. The only better cameras are reconyx which we all know cost a fortune. I tried the spy point 10D last year and was not impressed with the night time pics, very blurry with any motion or distance.
The browning cams have proven to be reliable for me. I have a 2015 model that's been out since new and is still taking great pics. No issues with my 2016 model browning either.
I have a bushnell trophy cam that's a 2015 and has been out full time as well, but the video function hasn't worked since brand new and it takes white out pics at dawn and dusk 80% of the time, also done this since new. I probably should have sent this one back but never got around to it. I'm waiting on it to completely die but it's still ticking away out there. I've got it locked on a tree and I've lost the key to the lock haha. So it's probably going to stay there until it dies and will continue to stay there as trespasser deterrent.

I'm waiting for cell cams to become cheaper, I really want to get a few of them

I have 2 new Bushnell’s 14 meg with a .2 trip speed if you look at my post June 3th cam pull you can see the video quality and they were 119 bucks at dicks I have not pulled the still yet. I won’t pull that till July.

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Larry said:

I have 2 new Bushnell’s 14 meg with a .2 trip speed if you look at my post June 3th cam pull you can see the video quality and they were 119 bucks at dicks I have not pulled the still yet. I won’t pull that till July.

Do you like these cams? I still have a Dicks gift card and they have these on there website for sale?