New Bow

silent death

29/70 mathews halon 32  5.. special oderd with red strings and cables and a  hha sight and the drop away rest easy way to spend 1900$ but man is it a shooter jimmy despart setup my bow for me took me less than 4 shots to sight in at 20 yards 

20170509_135646.jpg

20170509_135713.jpg

20170509_135659.jpg

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Congrats on a great looking bow . But , $1900 ? 

Yes sir ... i now have 3 bows I shoot 3d also but i use my hoyt for that ...my new bow shoots 325fps with a 420gr arrow which is fast ...its a 350ibo bow but i got the 75%rock mods which makes it a little faster

20170509_211812.jpg

Edited by silent death

9 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I was hoping that sweet Carter was in the total!

That's an awesome bow, I'm jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doesn't look like it so add $200-225.  nice releases are worth it though IBO.  i tend to spare no expense to connect the lunatic to the string too.  i've got a couple Stan releases, one being blackout version for hunting if choose.

doesn't look like it so add $200-225.  nice releases are worth it though IBO.  i tend to spare no expense to connect the lunatic to the string too.  i've got a couple Stan releases, one being blackout version for hunting if choose.

I 3D and hunt with a Stan SX3. I do want a Carter Insatiable after playing with one a few weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir   i bought my own chrono a long time ago ....most target shooters do i do most of my own bow work myself besides replacing the strings . It took me a while to find the right combo and the right spine arrow with the right foc . For all 3 of my bows....but my new bow shoots the same arrow as my chill r just faster :)

1494461364108479564676.jpg

Edited by silent death

i was always going to get a chrono, but haven't.  i figured whatever speed i got out of a tuned bow was just that.  didn't feel the need to put a number to it.  so i can't really justify the cost.  i don't shoot FITA, ASA, or anything that restricts speed to 280 fps or whatever it is.  IBO doesn't really care.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i was always going to get a chrono, but haven't.  i figured whatever speed i got out of a tuned bow was just that.  didn't feel the need to put a number to it.  so i can't really justify the cost.  i don't shoot FITA, ASA, or anything that restricts speed to 280 fps or whatever it is.  IBO doesn't really care.

I use one with the stick bows all the time. I don't really care about speed but it shows consistency or lack of it on anchor and release. They are a useful tool. 

• Like 3

Thats why i bought one a while ago . If you creep just a little bit it could cost you a couple feet per second and that messes up your point of impact ...my 3d bow has a kisser button just for that reaseon consistient  anchor point is key.

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

Thats why i bought one a while ago . If you creep just a little bit it could cost you a couple feet per second and that messes up your point of impact ...my 3d bow has a kisser button just for that reaseon consistient  ancher point is key.

IMO a kisser button is an absolute must have with a thumb release, for me it was anyway
  • Like 2

IMO a kisser button is an absolute must have with a thumb release, for me it was anyway

Is it because the lack of hand contact with face? I am looking to switch to thumb style this soon and shoot this summer.

Btw awesome set up I love my mattjews

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk