Fishing in the D.R.

chrisw

A few of us went down to the Dominican Republic and being avid fisherman we decided to do some fishing. We had some success and learned a lot, the saltwater fishing always leaves you wanting more, here's a few pics I took.storm.jpg.202681dc029d2a90c42ef49eae7e0bchristuna.jpg.22afa8c61e59fad8a8a82523cejfish.jpg.2ebdfb074f886e1492910578e91956chris.jpg.8534116c4ea11b121e9d8655fed98cfish.jpg.1decacf9fb9eeb090d02cacecf68340

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Who did you fish with while down there?  I've been down a few times and fished with Mike's Marina and always done pretty well.  We where there a month ago and caught several Mahi, two white marlin, and a sailfish, it was a great time!  Good pics!

We went with Gone Fishing Charters, no Marlin for us that day but still a great time!

Great pics and great catch! Had to be some mighty fine eating!

My favorite part of the eating had to be the ceviche the first mate made out of the first mahi mahi out on the water. I'm not a big ceviche fan but it was awesome! Just sliced it thin, added lime juice, onion, garlic, tomatoes and cilantro, let the lime juice cook the fish for a bit and it was phenomenal.

22 hours ago, chrisw said:

My favorite part of the eating had to be the ceviche the first mate made out of the first mahi mahi out on the water. I'm not a big ceviche fan but it was awesome! Just sliced it thin, added lime juice, onion, garlic, tomatoes and cilantro, let the lime juice cook the fish for a bit and it was phenomenal.

Ive never had ceviche, but looked up some recipes. Ill have to give it a try. Mahi is by far, my favorite fish.