Water level has receded

fasteddie

Wow either her going to be a super stud this year with that much froth already or has going to be tiny as he hasn't started his new growth. I was talking to another guy about bucks that hold late and how if they hold late they don't grow as big. Kind of a catch 22 mild winters mean hold longer which means less growth but helps the herd.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

As a relatively young buck he probably did not participate in the breeding season and was able to make it through the winter with little stress.  I think that makes a big difference in how long they hold the antlers and is one of the biggest factors on when antlers drop.  He will be stud this year but he will probably leave the area.

As a relatively young buck he probably did not participate in the breeding season and was able to make it through the winter with little stress.  I think that makes a big difference in how long they hold the antlers and is one of the biggest factors on when antlers drop.  He will be stud this year but he will probably leave the area.

If he hasn't lost yet it means new growth has not started yet. Which will put him behid the ball. Unless he adds on to what is there but I don't believe it works that way

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If he fattens up he will still have the best food time of the year to put the mass back on.  I would think they would drop in the next few days or so.  He should be more active in the rut this year causing them to drop earlier than this year.  Wonder if he was born late and if that has any effect?