Favorite pot calls

Marion

I am writing today after much success yesterday with one of Rick Howard's custom glass pot calls. Worked this massive Tom from quarter to 5 to 615 yesterday morning until he got to within spitting distance. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get into a good enough position in my blind and not shuffle the many leaves still in the bottom of my blind and big ole Thunder-Chicken lost interest and we parted ways still gobbling his head off to my calling. Anyways long story short looking for other options for non glass pot calls. Hoping to fool him yet again next weekend!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bottom right is an inexpensive Primos  I've killed almost all my birds with. Just like the purrs , soft yelps , tone and volume. Found a nice sweet spot on her. Upper right has killed a few birds and was made by a great call maker on OG forum. The other 2 get vest time and sporadic use. Some day I'll throw down some $ on a real good one but it's tough to put down what works. They all sound quite different with different strikers too. 4fde7f1d3309deed1d36399a2502861a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Well there we go. As you probably read that's my go to Just love the sweetness it makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha!!! Just went back and read your post!!! To funny... sweet sounding call for sure... Took 2nd place in a calling contest with it... lost to a calling rep so I didn't feel bad... LOL

• Like 2