2016 HARVEST REPORT

Larry

i like the changes they made and how they present the info gives a little better idea of the situation some areas of the state are in compared to others.  that said i largely hunt both on and off QDM co-op land within the NE Hudson aggregate (actually the same county).  i'm on good property for both on and off co-op land too.  the differences experienced comparing both would blow your mind if on stand to witness it and isn't something you could get from looking that the report.  probably in the area of 15-20% of the aggregate is voluntary QDM co-op property that on paper would carry the rest of the aggregate to a noticeable extent.  DMPs are still crazy low.  makes me wonder how the hell that system even works.  good thing hunters are creatures of habitat and predictable.

I am going to take the 6% of the comments on this thread I like and call them enough to know how everyone feels.

I must know everyone of the youths that took a deer based on those numbers and apparently antlers beyond the top of the ear is enough for an intern to call the buck 2.5 or older...won't be long for Mr.Hurst to call those NE Mature or chitlikadat

I've found more facts in my kids' Dr.Suess books.

Still haven't seen what the living population of animals is, or anything for that matter, that wasn't based off the 14000 deer they actually claimed to have seen..... maybe the IRS can start checking Wegman's receipts to determine income tax brackets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The info pretty much jells with what we were seeing in the woods, in our area of 4-H, last fall. Even though there is no way the report can be 100% correct. It still gives a general idea from town to town, on up to WMU's and statewide, harvest reports. Thanks for posting Larry.