Range report 450 bushmaster

Buckmaster7600

Went and picked it up today. Mounted a scope I had laying around vx3 2.5-8, it will have a different scope before season not sure what yet. 53243c0d3926af382d9804e8a0fec0dd.jpg

Set a target in the back yard and got her close using factory Hornady 250gn ftx's. Claimed velocity is 2200, shot 5 over the Chrono "2179,2186,2190,2181and 2176. I'm pretty happy with those numbers with a 16" barrel. Trigger was your typical Ruger American trigger, I hate them but I knew what I was getting. Breaks clean and measured 3lbs 4oz I just can't warm up to their version of the "accu trigger" it will be replaced by something else. Bolt was also your typical American bolt, rough but functioned perfectly. The stock is plastic and like most plastic stocks it flexes and you have to be mindful of it when shooting from a sand bag but fit and finish looks good other than a little stock contact on the left side of barrel.

It will shoot.

100yds 3 shots from a sand bag f261ddd9d4c52c249f3833ebc6983776.jpg

100yds 5 shots free hand firing as fast as I could work the bolt and reload.4b307dc490b449e72d72309c8559e093.jpg

200yds 3 shots from sand bag, 15mph cross wind. 18eaa6506bd154cd5e7aea39f0c0c23c.jpg

Overall I am very pleased with it for now it has a home in the safe. I am excited to work up some hand loads for it. The factory stuff shot plenty good enough but I like Barnes bullets and I'm hoping I can get them a couple hundred fps faster and shoot as well as these did. The recoil was much less than I expected from a 6lb gun shooting that heavy of a bullet. I would say the recoil was compatible to a 8lb 7mm-08.

• Like 9

Holy  crap, Batman..!!  Rifle shoots GREAT  !  You shoot pretty good yourself..On my best day when I was young, dumb, and full of cum, I could not have shot an offhand group that tight..

Now I am old, rickety, and full of ****, and I need something to rest on..

• Like 5

Holy  crap, Batman..!!  Rifle shoots GREAT  !  You shoot pretty good yourself..On my best day when I was young, dumb, and full of cum, I could not have shot an offhand group that tight..
Now I am old, rickety, and full of ****, and I need something to rest on..

I wish I could say that was normal but it's not. I can walk out my door and shoot and shoot a few times a week so that certainly helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Great shooting,

I definitely agree, shooting is a perishable skill and having the ability to shoot when you want makes it much easier to keep the dust and rust from collecting on ones abilities.

Keep us posted on your load ups

Sent from my 9006W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/20/2017 at 5:51 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

Went and picked it up today. Mounted a scope I had laying around vx3 2.5-8, it will have a different scope before season not sure what yet. 53243c0d3926af382d9804e8a0fec0dd.jpg

Set a target in the back yard and got her close using factory Hornady 250gn ftx's. Claimed velocity is 2200, shot 5 over the Chrono "2179,2186,2190,2181and 2176. I'm pretty happy with those numbers with a 16" barrel. Trigger was your typical Ruger American trigger, I hate them but I knew what I was getting. Breaks clean and measured 3lbs 4oz I just can't warm up to their version of the "accu trigger" it will be replaced by something else. Bolt was also your typical American bolt, rough but functioned perfectly. The stock is plastic and like most plastic stocks it flexes and you have to be mindful of it when shooting from a sand bag but fit and finish looks good other than a little stock contact on the left side of barrel.

It will shoot.

100yds 3 shots from a sand bag f261ddd9d4c52c249f3833ebc6983776.jpg

100yds 5 shots free hand firing as fast as I could work the bolt and reload.4b307dc490b449e72d72309c8559e093.jpg

200yds 3 shots from sand bag, 15mph cross wind. 18eaa6506bd154cd5e7aea39f0c0c23c.jpg

Overall I am very pleased with it for now it has a home in the safe. I am excited to work up some hand loads for it. The factory stuff shot plenty good enough but I like Barnes bullets and I'm hoping I can get them a couple hundred fps faster and shoot as well as these did. The recoil was much less than I expected from a 6lb gun shooting that heavy of a bullet. I would say the recoil was compatible to a 8lb 7mm-08.

Was looking at getting one of those for the collection  ..reviews say it's a flat shooter out to 200yards but u have to get a good muzzlebreak 

Edited by silent death