My New Walkabout Deer Thumper

Billdogge

• 2 months later...

I've got the Longtrac Stalker BAR 30-06 (synthetic) with the same Leupold 2.5-8 optic you are using, that 18" barrel sure looks appealing to me though. The only peeve I have with mine is the trigger feels a bit spongey, granted I'm comparing it to my many bolt guns. I searched for someone to do a trigger job or an aftermarket trigger kit to no avail. I'm assuming with it being an autoloader it's a liability issue. My particular gun is also picky on what ammo it likes, it only seems fond of 180 gr., 165's were just ok, 150's it didn't like. Other than that it's a great, light gun that has flattened deer for me as I'm sure it will you!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

IMG_20170803_092418494.thumb.jpg.913ed28

I'm surprised you didn't grab one. I really would like to pick one up. Did he have a few?

Yea 3 or 4. Talking to my guy that does all my ReBores, it sounds like he's at 85% on being able to do a BAR barrel, tough to drop the coin with that 15% lingering. I wouldn't buy one of his anyways I want a 16" barrel no need to pay to have it walked off twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/21/2017 at 10:26 AM, Billdogge said:

Browning BAR Carbine 30-06. 18" barrel and 6.75. Points so nice. Hoping to Thump one this year with it. Now I need time to get to the range. 

IMG_1235.JPG

IMG_1236.JPG

Are these still available at the shop in NY.....?

Roger-

On 8/3/2017 at 9:36 AM, Buckmaster7600 said:

Yea 3 or 4. Talking to my guy that does all my ReBores, it sounds like he's at 85% on being able to do a BAR barrel, tough to drop the coin with that 15% lingering. I wouldn't buy one of his anyways I want a 16" barrel no need to pay to have it walked off twice.

Did you ever get an answer on rebarreling the BAR?

Did you ever get an answer on rebarreling the BAR?

Not a rebarrel but a rebore, I have a BAR chambered in 358Win with a 16” barrel. Shoots very good, I never shot it as a 308 but I would have to assume it improved the factory accuracy. It never made it to the woods this year and don’t know if it ever will but it was a fun project.