Question On Craigslist??

Lawdwaz

E-mail. But if you are selling a Toro mower, for instance, state to write Toro mower in the e-mail. It will cut down on the spam a bit. I try to do that if I'm buying too. I also don't want my phone number out there. Or phone going off at all hours with stupid stuff. CR can be a great place to buy and sell, but ya do have to be careful.

• Like 3

Email for this guy too.

Usually pretty easy to tell by the 2'nd message if the potential buyer is serious or not and then do the phone # exchange to seal the deal.

Nothing drives me crazier than some dumbazz asking 3 word text questions for two weeks straight every hour on the hour...... then they go quieter than a tom turkey by day #3 of season after wasting my time.

I've always used email like most of you but just thought I'd check.  I listed something the other day and within minutes thought I had it sold....then the stupid questions started!

Had another email today with a ridiculously low offer that wasn't worth the effort of a "pound salt" reply.

Oh well, I'll keep moving it to the top.

14 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I've always used email like most of you but just thought I'd check.  I listed something the other day and within minutes thought I had it sold....then the stupid questions started!

Had another email today with a ridiculously low offer that wasn't worth the effort of a "pound salt" reply.

Oh well, I'll keep moving it to the top.

Even if my price on something is negotiable I ALWAYS list it high and FIRM!

That seems to weed out some of the CL lowballer groupies who weren't really interested in anything more than a steal on an item anyhow.

Once you got someone seriously interested on the horn you can finagle with prices some.

I still get the occasional guys that want to meet me half way for pick up in Lewiston and NF,lol

I made a deal for a "brand new" power washer for half off just a couple weeks ago. The guy claimed he got his broken one working and didn't need the new one and couldn't return it. I get to the house and no ones there. I wait 20 minutes, calling and texting, and finally leave. Couple hours later he texts that he overslept and he will bring it to me anywhere. I said ok meet me at Target. Next text he says "I'll do $75". I texted back I'll pass. Too fishy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I only do phone calls, no texting or email.  That way I can talk with the person and be able to feel them out and answer questions easily. 

If I'm buying off of CL, I will only respond to adds with phone numbers. I usually am using my phone if I'm searching for something during the day. It is much easier to dial a # than it is to write an email and sometimes wait a day or two for a response. 

I've used both phone number and email, but the one thing I always do is set up a meeting at a common place. I don't want anyone I don't know coming to my house. The only exception was when I sold my daughters motorcycle but I screened the potential buyers before i set up the meeting. Also I use my cell phone number as you can easily get home phone number info from the internet.

Good luck Lawd!

• Like 1

After my Father passed we had an estate sale followed by putting some of the remaining  larger items on CL . That was it for me ,after dealing with the Low life's , and those who all think they're  " American Pickers" trying to bundle , and all the resellers , no shows , sob stories and on and on .

I pretty much donate or put it down at the road. Our cars get passed down to the kids, although I did sell one to a friend 5 years ago .

I may have a Lone Wolf climber going up for sale here soon though .

• Like 1

After my Father passed we had an estate sale followed by putting some of the remaining  larger items on CL . That was it for me ,after dealing with the Low life's , and those who all think they're  " American Pickers" trying to bundle , and all the resellers , no shows , sob stories and on and on .
I pretty much donate or put it down at the road. Our cars get passed down to the kids, although I did sell one to a friend 5 years ago .
I may have a Lone Wolf climber going up for sale here soon though .

I'll take the climber, a bow string and 1 broken arrow for 45 bucks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

I'll take the climber, a bow string and 1 broken arrow for 45 bucks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I gotta keep,the broken arrow, my Dad stabbed a grizzly bear to death with it when he was a kid hunting in the Southern tier .

• Like 3

I only respond to texts or calls and clearly state that in my add.

I also list my # by using digits and spelling out the numbers....this helps prevent scammers from running a scan to search internet sights for phone numbers.

I have sold everything from a full dresser Harley to a travel golf bag this way, and have had to deal with more spam from listing an email address vs. a phone number

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Larry302 said:

I gotta keep,the broken arrow, my Dad stabbed a grizzly bear to death with it when he was a kid hunting in the Southern tier .

Ill give you $47.51 if you throw in the arrow. I know theres sentimental attachment there, but there comes a point where you just have to let things go. Id love to have it in my shop.....errr I mean my collection.

• Like 1