new peep sight and first techno 3d shoot

BowmanMike

Just got my bow back last week after having a new peep installed. The old one split the string three ways and one string kept ending up in my way. The new one just splits it two ways,much better.

The shop I took the bow to is great,i am a new customer there. They have a video screen to shoot at,oh my was that fun. Seeing those big bucks made me nervous...

Happy to be shooting my bow again,deer season is only 4 months away!!!

Good deal Mike! I still have a three split on my old bow, with an HHA sight, but I have a great sight picture with it. My grandsons bow has the two split on his, with the spot hogg and is a little harder to get a clear sight pic for me. But he shoots it really well. Guess it depends on your set up and personal preference.  Next week will be a month since my shoulder surgery. PT again today. But pulling my bow seems a long way off right now. Getting a bit discouraged. Cause I want to shoot so bad!

• Like 1

Hi grampy

A friend of mine had shoulder surgery last winter,he is 72 years old. He is still working on getting strength back and hoping to shoot what was his wife's bow,40# draw weight. Keep up with the physical therapy and you will be back to shooting as well. Best of luck!

• Like 1

I had my repair about 5 years ago, I am now 75 years young. I have the compound bow set up for 52 lbs, seems to shoot very well at that weight. I think with my muzzy BH's at 100 grains on my 400 size carbon arrows with 2 inch fletch should continue to go right thru a deer at under 30 yards...

• Like 2

seems to be the standard design now is an angled peep opening and split the string in two.  the technoHunt is fun to shoot.  depending on the software they could any animal, reptile, or critter that you can think of.  sometimes they get a little quirky and don't register the hit exactly where it was but close enough for fun.  i used to do a whole league of it at one shop with a bunch of older gentlemen.  we all shot traditional bows with no sights or bells and whistles.  it was lots of fun.  long story a turtle jumped my string once.

grampy hang in there, don't rush it, and you'll be shooting again for a long time.