My new hunting buddy

sodfather

Congrats! We had 2 chocolates over the years when I lived with my parents and they were both such great dogs. Neither were trained for hunting just regular ol house dogs but they were so gentle and obedient. My black lab was a bit more energetic but more stubborn than our chocolates. Labs are the best family dogs in my opinion. Hope you have many great memories together!

• Like 4

Speaking of eye color. Our first chocolate lab we had, had these awesome eyes. Blue green mix. They were like that for a little over a year. Sadly we lost him to a total freak accident. He got into the garbage can and got a Tostitos chip bag stuck around his head and suffocated himself. Worst part was it was my sisters dog and he was home with my mom in NC while me sis and dad were up here in NY at one of my big motocross races. My sister cried for days. The dogs name was Dunlop, after the tire company that I used for race tires. So that night me and my drunk buddies went out onto the track and stole a Dunlop tire banner that was 25ft long for her to hang up at home in his memory. Man I miss that dog

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

Congrats! My black lab had blue eyes as a puppy as well. Eventually they turned brown.

Other than having SO much energy they are the perfect dog.

Are you going to train him yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No he is actually going to Georgia for 4 months over the winter to get trained. I'm going to work with him also.

Edited by sodfather
  • Like 2

On 5/27/2017 at 9:11 PM, helmut in the bush said:

Here's a couple pics of my non hunting, non retrieving Lab. I've had Labs my whole life, they all retrieved, he won't even play Frisbee, but he is a kind, friendly boy

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

He is beautiful.. I'm just curious though ( no retrieve)? I thought every lab loves retrieving, have you ever tried working with him? 

On May 30, 2017 at 6:11 AM, sodfather said:

He is beautiful.. I'm just curious though ( no retrieve)? I thought every lab loves retrieving, have you ever tried working with him? 

Thanks, I've worked with him quite a bit, its very frustrating. He's my seventh Lab, they all retrieved naturally, not him, if I throw one of his toys in the house and turn my back to him he'll bring it to me, he won't do it with a bumper or Frisbee out side. I wish he would just to get some exercise, a very lay back dog, won't even get up in the morning. I'm good with him the way he is, he's a good boy

• Like 2

Congrats on the pup. I just shelled out $1700 for bladder stone removal for my 10 yr old chocolate. They are awesome companions.

Attatched are some of the stones. There were 18 total.

20170524_091151.jpg

Yowza! Those look like river rocks. Should tell your dog to lay off the soda!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've been working with the pup a little bit. First day we got Cooper home he feel in the pool went under water and got an ear infection. He swam out but he didn't or like it. So I wanted to build his confidence around water. He's 11 weeks now and getting braver. 

IMG_1551.MOV

IMG_1550.MOV

Edited by sodfather
  • Like 1