Most recoil in any gun you've shot ?

I hunt turkey with an h and r 10 guage. That is about 1/4 what any 12 guage I have shot that is pushing Remington buck hammers out the barrel has. Those things will knock you back a step. But rest assured when they hit the target the deer feels it much worse. Never seen a a hole in a deer bigger then a buck hammer can make.

2 minutes ago, stubby68 said:

I hunt turkey with an h and r 10 guage. That is about 1/4 what any 12 guage I have shot that is pushing Remington buck hammers out the barrel has. Those things will knock you back a step. But rest assured when they hit the target the deer feels it much worse. Never seen a a hole in a deer bigger then a buck hammer can make.

Try hornady sst sabots or remington accu tips sabots...they are devastating ..

39 minutes ago, ....rob said:

The 10ga I shot was a dbl as well. Only one shell loaded. I was about 14. I am not trying to get deep into your personal life, but was your uncles name Milton? 

Not a problem. But no ha.William.ill have to look n see who makes it.its a beast is all i know.long barrel dbl 10ga....also have an old .54 cal ball and cap muzzleloader i need to check out

I have and still think the buck hammers are worse. Buddies watching me sight in said I was rocking back like a ]size fighter was punching me in the face. And the whole in the deer was as big as a pie plate. In and out. Could see straight through deer. 

2 minutes ago, stubby68 said:

I have and still think the buck hammers are worse. Buddies watching me sight in said I was rocking back like a ]size fighter was punching me in the face. And the whole in the deer was as big as a pie plate. In and out. Could see straight through deer. 

Almost sounds like the rounds my uncle put thru the 835.not as much but he was putting the federal barnes expanders thru it and wow what a punch it put on em

My 375 H&H (ouch n ouch to some) is pretty stiff but manageable.  A few weeks ago I was doing some patterning/sighting in a Burris FF3 with my Benelli.  The 3.5" Hevi-Shot 5,6 &7 blended loads (from the bench) kicked me as hard as anything I've ever shot. Honking horseballs did it hurt.............that said, on the jake I killed last week I never felt a thing. :)

I've shot S&W 629 with stiff .44 mag loads and a FA 454 Casull with full house loads and thank you, I'll happily pass in the future.

Another gun I own that delivers some pain is my 300WSM ULA.  From the bench the trigger guard slams my middle finger knuckle smartly. 

Love it all!

• Like 2

I wish I could remember what the round was but it was out of a Remington bolt action rifle. I was probably in the 16-18 year old rage and the round was bigger than a 30-.06 by a lot. I had already shot the 30-.06 a bunch that day then got behind whatever that thing was squeezed the trigger and noped the hell out of that one for the rest of the day. Only time I've ever gone shooting an came home with a bruised shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved the Remington Buck hammers.  They shot the best out of my 870 and were very affordable.  Of course they stopped manufacturing them, I guess their higher end sabot slugs were more profitable.  They made a big hole and sure did hurt at both ends.

8 minutes ago, jperch said:

I loved the Remington Buck hammers.  They shot the best out of my 870 and were very affordable.  Of course they stopped manufacturing them, I guess their higher end sabot slugs were more profitable.  They made a big hole and sure did hurt at both ends.

I was surprised at how accurate they were . Would never have thought a flat nosed slug would file so straight. Whole through paper didn't have a rip in it. It looked like I used a whole punch to make it. I still have 3 boxes kicking around some place. After destroying my second deer with them I put them up for good. My uncle liked to say get a  12 inch tree between you and the deer and shoot through the tree you can cord the dree and still kill the deer.

14 minutes ago, stubby68 said:

I was surprised at how accurate they were . Would never have thought a flat nosed slug would file so straight. Whole through paper didn't have a rip in it. It looked like I used a whole punch to make it. I still have 3 boxes kicking around some place. After destroying my second deer with them I put them up for good. My uncle liked to say get a  12 inch tree between you and the deer and shoot through the tree you can cord the dree and still kill the deer.

I believe they were relatively slow but heavy (large diameter) slugs.  I imagine if you hit big bone that it would make quite a mess.  I liked to use them in heavy brush which is where I find most deer a couple days after gun season starts.  I went with the Rotweiler Laser slugs, similar in design with the attached sabot.  Unfortunately the company is in Pa so I can't order those online anymore:mda:.

Definitely the "beast" is my H&R Partner Turkey shotgun, single shot, 12ga chambered for 3 1/2" shells. They do offer a 10ga/3 1/2", which I wisely chose to avoid! Those single shots shotguns have no mechanisms to absorb any of the recoil, so it's all delivered to the rear thru the stock to the shooter's shoulder. One of those guns you better make sure it's shouldered properly or you will be black & blue. Oh yeah, one of those turkey guns you do not do a lot of experimenting or patterning with for different for loads. Find one that works and stick with it!!!

photo_pardner_turkeygun_camo.jpg

• Like 2

Like many others, the most recoil I have experienced is shooting 3.5" turkey and waterfowl loads out of a 12 ga. pump shotgun. I now only shoot auto loaders which definitely soften the recoil. Most experts will tell you that a gas operated auto loader will soften recoil more than an inertia driven auto loader. I have both and actually prefer the inertia driven system on my Benelli vs. the gas systems. I feel more of a push with the inertia system and more of a punch with the gas system. I have added Sims recoil pads to my guns, and they definitely soften the recoil and are real shoulder savers. If you are experiencing a lot of recoil out of a gun, you will inevitably flinch when shooting which will result in missed shots or wounded game. Also, as you grow older (like me), recoil will be more of a concern to you and you will want a soft shooting gun which will be a pleasure to shoot and not a pain.

valoroutdoors.com

• Like 1

I wish I could remember what the round was but it was out of a Remington bolt action rifle. I was probably in the 16-18 year old rage and the round was bigger than a 30-.06 by a lot. I had already shot the 30-.06 a bunch that day then got behind whatever that thing was squeezed the trigger and noped the hell out of that one for the rest of the day. Only time I've ever gone shooting an came home with a bruised shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably the heaviest recoil was an H&R 10 gauge with turkey loads,  but most any fixed breech gun with slugs or heavy shot loads kicks pretty bad off the bench, especially the lighter ones

I can shoot 3" loads all day out of my gas autos, but if I shot more that 8 or 10 rounds of heavy waterfowl loads through my Browning over/under, I get a headache..

I have shot a couple of potentially hard kicking rifles, a  458 Win Mag, and a 45-70 from the bench, but neither kicked bad because both were loaded with relatively light bullets  and light handloads.

One time I worked up loads  for my  .338 Win mag and my buddy's 300 Win mag for an upcoming Alaska hunt...Probably the worse beating I've taken from the bench. The .338 kicked hard, but the .300 recoil was sharper...Neither was fun to shoot from the bench.

• Like 3

45-110 in a sharps replica. I didn't realize it at the time, but it broke my collarbone....

I knew my shoulder was hurting afterwards, but my 45-70 handloads I was shooting next were nothing in comparison.

My doc found the fxd collarbone about 3 months later when he was doing a chest xray.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

45-110 in a sharps replica. I didn't realize it at the time, but it broke my collarbone....

I knew my shoulder was hurting afterwards, but my 45-70 handloads I was shooting next were nothing in comparison.

My doc found the fxd collarbone about 3 months later when he was doing a chest xray.

Well I think a broken collarbone wins the pot!  WOW!

The worst scope bite I ever had was from my 7MM08, off all things !  I was shooting at a steep uphill angle and crept on the stock...Missed the damn deer, but I was the one leaving the blood trail when I left the woods.....hehehehe.....

I have also been nailed by my .280 Rem, which is a relatively mild kicker, plus a 12 gauge shotgun and a .50 cal. muzzleloader..

• Like 2

If anybody wants to step up to the plate and buy this one, you could get pretty much top billing in this "Most Recoil Experienced" thread............Cough up $10,500 bones and I could have it for you in 24 hours.  My buddy still has it, only shot at the factory, unused since my friend bought it new.  

Merkel 470 NE.........

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

Don't be shy, it won't hurt a bit. :)

• Like 1

I had an H&R 10ga single shot deer gun. The slugs weighed 1 ¾ oz. when you fired that thing it killed at one and maimed at the other. I killed a deer with it one time without even hitting it; the shock wave of the slug passing by turned the insides to Jell-O. (LOL)

If anybody wants to step up to the plate and buy this one, you could get pretty much top billing in this "Most Recoil Experienced" thread............Cough up $10,500 bones and I could have it for you in 24 hours.  My buddy still has it, only shot at the factory, unused since my friend bought it new.  
Merkel 470 NE.........
  IMG_2629.jpg&key=69c4485b5a6d3a60b049ab4c07a9a086ffe116da0e53e96dd1555b378fa3c40c
IMG_2631.jpg&key=1d0b29183982899990f99ea1d191607713473f7acde5eb138b4bf641316ac565
IMG_2630.jpg&key=ffad2038cabd1a991725983b0e4b12dbd4c94a1975c8a8e814ba885a5303a5b3
IMG_2634.jpg&key=e4dcf4280f7e5ada1aa9076e81e4747244f985c177042bbd6204c54bfedd8fe3
Don't be shy, it won't hurt a bit.

Is that a fabled elephant gun?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk