Anyone in Tree Service business?

BizCT

I need to get 8 pines trees taken down. They are thin but tall (50-60 feet, if I had to guess). I have a tree guy that I have used for a tree here and there who is giving me an estimate tonight, but figured I would post this job here to see if anyone does this type of work. I am located in northern Westchester county.

The reason I want to take them down is because my neighbor is putting up a fence. These 8 pines are on my property but on the other side of my fence, so they would soon be between 2 fences. My neighbor will allow a tree service company to work from his yard, so that my current fence and pool are not an issue.

Let me know, thanks!

took a huge poplar down between the garage and the house.  it was a bit much for me even with my dad's truck and a long rope.  still have another on the other side.  female too so it looks like it snowing with all the floating seed right now. PITA.

• Like 1

The wife and I just decided to pull the trigger and get the big silver maple in the front yard taken down. Im really curious what it's gonna cost.

Co worker just had one taken down . Actually 2, 1 big un and 1 smallish one. $2000 included stump grinding. That's crazy. Only paying for gas for chainsaws and all the rest is man power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Co worker just had one taken down . Actually 2, 1 big un and 1 smallish one. $2000 included stump grinding. That's crazy. Only paying for gas for chainsaws and all the rest is man power.

A friend of mine owns a tree service ,i'll call him first . Its nice cause it keeps the sun off the house in the summer, that also allows moss to grow on the roof ,it heaved the driveway and side walk a bunch too.

A friend of mine owns a tree service ,i'll call him first . Its nice cause it keeps the sun off the house in the summer, that also allows moss to grow on the roof ,it heaved the driveway and side walk a bunch too.

Dumb question. Is it in between sidewalk and road ? I was told once that trees there actually don't belong to home owner but town. They seem to trim ours at free will. I know they've cut others down on our street and replanted. Might be something to look into. Especially if phone lines or high power lines involved. Maybe just an urban legend.

6cf7dcc3e6e96226e64f27beb3d29565.jpg

So the above 8 I want taken down before white fence goes up on other side of them.

The below 9 I plan to keep. The wind keeps the pine needles from these trees right under them, looks like mulch. The other 8 across the fence are riddled with poison ivy and put needles in my pool. If those 8 come down and neighbor puts his fence on other side of where they are then my property will open up another at least 5-7 feet since I own 5 feet past the chain link fence

3e1bd612b3f51ae802deba8a8d596fb8.jpg

I just had a huge poplar taken down in March....had my buddy out to give me an estimate on cutting down the polar and a pine and to grind both stumps
....he called me at work and said to call national grid since it was growing up through their power lines they may drop it for free.....sure as heck a guy came out a week later and said they would take the tree to the ground and grind as many limbs as possible. It was a huge mess but saved me hundreds...that freaking polar had a 48" stump. c85a6639524ef2fc8654a91fa3df6762.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

What you're mostly paying for is the comp and liability insurance the company has to have. Arborists pay one of the highest rates going. Then again, when we screw up buildings get crushed and people can die. It was a lot of fun sometimes, but I really don't miss the business overall.

• Like 1

That sure looks like climbing or bucket truck work, rope all the leads and lower slowly. Tedious also means expensive. Also, removal of cut wood and chips if stumps are ground. Your a bit far for me but if I took a stab at guestimates, I'd say 300-400$/tree.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

6cf7dcc3e6e96226e64f27beb3d29565.jpg

So the above 8 I want taken down before white fence goes up on other side of them.

The below 9 I plan to keep. The wind keeps the pine needles from these trees right under them, looks like mulch. The other 8 across the fence are riddled with poison ivy and put needles in my pool. If those 8 come down and neighbor puts his fence on other side of where they are then my property will open up another at least 5-7 feet since I own 5 feet past the chain link fence

3e1bd612b3f51ae802deba8a8d596fb8.jpg

If the access is there it'll likely be done with a bucket truck and a good ground crew. If not it'll be a skilled climber with a really good ground man. Pines are a PITA and messy either way.

I don't do that work any more and I don't have a 450 mile long bar on even my biggest saw. ;-)

Shoot a message off to treeguy on here. Simply guessing it's what he does as pic has him holding a chainsaw.
Or this guy dc7b485c4fd7de964de1f88e04c79898.jpg&key=6aa7e95d95fd8bd8a83814f90caa300c11bdbcf501c2dff081b8a0ad7abca504

He definitely looks like the man for the job !!

• Like 1

I would say you are right treeguy I would say from the pic that if the guy I work for and bit jobs for was going to do it it would be right around 2000 or so dollars if all of the wood had to be removed and the grinding had to be removed and that would be on the cheaper side if we needed the work.

4 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Dumb question. Is it in between sidewalk and road ? I was told once that trees there actually don't belong to home owner but town. They seem to trim ours at free will. I know they've cut others down on our street and replanted. Might be something to look into. Especially if phone lines or high power lines involved. Maybe just an urban legend.

The tree in question is between the sidewalk and the house . I think your info is correct though . Last year the water main opened up between the street and the sidewalk and the city fixed it . I was told if it was on the house side of the side walk that it would be my problem.

Good news, it's all going down early next week. All 8 trees, the big pile of tree limbs and junk you can't see from the pics, all 8 stumped grinded, and the other side of my property will have all trees trimmed back. $2400 cash

• Like 6

Good news, it's all going down early next week. All 8 trees, the big pile of tree limbs and junk you can't see from the pics, all 8 stumped grinded, and the other side of my property will have all trees trimmed back. $2400 cash

Sounds legit.

• Like 1