Nice bases and the boys of spring...mid-May

14 hours ago, growalot said:

Wow those are some fine bases on what appear to be younger buck...wish I had the minerals in your soils...nice pics...home brew cam?

It's a Browning Strike Force cam and good (lucky) lighting. Not sure how old he is. Probably have a history of photos of him over the last couple years, but will have to wait for his rack to take shape.

• Like 1

That would be very cool indeed if he turned into a buck like that! What do you think that buck scored hard-horn? Did you get any trailcam photos of him then? What do you figure his base circumference was hard-horn? And how in the heck does a buck like that make it through the hunting season? Must have a sanctuary.

22 hours ago, Buckstopshere said:

That would be very cool indeed if he turned into a buck like that! What do you think that buck scored hard-horn? Did you get any trailcam photos of him then? What do you figure his base circumference was hard-horn? And how in the heck does a buck like that make it through the hunting season? Must have a sanctuary.

I'm guessing mid-140's gross. I pulled cams in mid-Septemeber to move them other places so I never got any hard horned pics last fall. I'd say his bases are 4.5-5". Here he is in January. I've been watching him since he was a yearling 8-pt back in 2012. He seems to have a very small home range with a good amount of hunting pressure all around so he must have a nice little spot to crawl into during gun season.

IMAG1498.JPG

• Like 1