Watcha got for atv's / side by side's

rob-c

Mine and the wife's 400 kodiak's . Photos are a before and after a trip to tall pines atv park in Andover. Her's is stock except a 1 mm shim in her primary sheave, mine has 1mm shim and a grizzly spring in the secondary drive and I went up a size in tires 26 inch bear claws . I know there's a atv section  but figured there's more traffic in general . 

IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

• Like 2

2004 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4WD It does all of the plowing for my 1000' driveway, and this year it even did a fair job of bulldozing some flood damage gravel out of a field. Work that you would never expect a machine that size could ever do. I was impressed. It has brought home a pile of deer too fro just a few yards from the house to over a mile up on top of a very steep hill (some people call it a mountain .... lol.

mar2014g.JPGmar2014f.JPGmar2014a.JPG

• Like 1

Mine-2010 kawasaki bruteforce 750i, slip on exhaust, msd tuner, clutch sent out to vforce john for his stage 3 clutch job. MSA rims, 26"pitbull growler tires

Hers- 2009 can am renegade 500, 25" kenda bear claw htr.

Pic all loaded up was us headed to the SNIRT run up on tug hill in april. We've done the atv parks around here, tall pines, majestic, did a hare scramble at KB. Been down to WV Hatfield Mccoytrails. Numerous dice and poker runs also.

20160928_122254.jpg

20170518_102527.jpg

20170414_132710.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Doc said:

2004 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4WD It does all of the plowing for my 1000' driveway, and this year it even did a fair job of bulldozing some flood damage gravel out of a field. Work that you would never expect a machine that size could ever do. I was impressed. It has brought home a pile of deer too fro just a few yards from the house to over a mile up on top of a very steep hill (some people call it a mountain .... lol.

mar2014g.JPGmar2014f.JPGmar2014a.JPG

I agree 100%, the 400 kodiaks are about indestructible. They have enough power and torque to be a work horse and are fun to ride.

05 Yamaha Bruin 350 and 06 Honda Rancher AT 400. Both have been great machines! Bought the Yamaha for my wife, but the grandsons have put on the most miles. My hunting partner at the farm has a 06 Honda Foreman that has done way more than expected! The firewood logs that thing has dragged out is truly impressive! All machines are stock and have only had new tires and basic maintenance. All have hauled their fair share of deer.

used to have lots of toys before and during college but now i've only got a sled.  i've had a Suzuki Quadrunner 250 4x4, Honda Foreman 450, Yamaha Kodiak 400, and even the first ever race quad (Suzuki Quadracer LT250R).  The 250R was pretty fast when you kept it running.  no winch needed just maintain momentum, shift weight back, give to lots of throttle with a little clutch to get on the pipe, and hold on.  Dad has a UTV and one atv left on the farm that i use on occasion.  Brother has a Yamaha Bear Tracker 250 and Blaster 200.

14 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

used to have lots of toys before and during college but now i've only got a sled.  i've had a Suzuki Quadrunner 250 4x4, Honda Foreman 450, Yamaha Kodiak 400, and even the first ever race quad (Suzuki Quadracer LT250R).  The 250R was pretty fast when you kept it running.  no winch needed just maintain momentum, shift weight back, give to lots of throttle with a little clutch to get on the pipe, and hold on.  Dad has a UTV and one atv left on the farm that i use on occasion.  Brother has a Yamaha Bear Tracker 250 and Blaster 200.

I had  a 2000 Suzuki quad runner  250 2by4 that is now my sons. I had to use that machine to pull my truck out of the mud up to our lease one time. It also has bearclaws on the back, had the wife drop it in low range and it pulled my truck out. To say I was impressed with that little quad is a understatement. 

I had  a 2000 Suzuki quad runner  250 2by4 that is now my sons. I had to use that machine to pull my truck out of the mud up to our lease one time. It also has bearclaws on the back, had the wife drop it in low range and it pulled my truck out. To say I was impressed with that little quad is a understatement. 

I miss typed it was a 2x4 all others except the racer were 4x4s. About that year too. It was a blue green color. High/low stick shifter on the left side. Burned up an oil pump riding wheelies with it despite it was a utility atv. Traded it in for the Honda. Dealer said he had never seen that many miles on a ATV before. Still worked alright though. Foreman was just more power and still a work horse.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We have 5 atvs...left to right 1st is a ds650 mine...2nd one is a kfx700 wifes. 3rd is a polaris sportman 500ho 4th is my daughters ltz400 5 is my youngest daughters 300....dont have to worry about a place to ride built the kids there own atv track last year.

20170410_190516.jpg

2016 Brute Force 750. All stock except bigger/more aggressive tires and a gun rack on the front. I think I've got 400 something miles on it now. It's a true beast. The sheer power is awesome and has come in handy many times.

Mostly used around the house for work and riding the kids around but I take it out on rides with buddies now and then. No problems other than it needs a belt adjustment. Probably wouldn't need one so soon but I do hammer on it when we ride for fun.

After I pay it off I'd like to get a side by side next.

I've got a 99 Polaris sportsman. I use it mostly for plowing and yard work. It works way better than I every thought it would. This picture is after a snow storm at my old house. I ran out of room to stack it. a26a8f26777585b8d0a750834da22260.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1996 Polaris Explorer 400L. Bought it 6 years ago with 950 miles on it, now it has 1200 it is used to bring deer out of the woods. Told the wife we either pay for a quad or a heart attack she went with the quad.

I have a bit of a herd around here. 2016 Honda foreman 450, 96 Suzuki king quad 300, 93 Honda fourtrax 300, 86 Honda 250R 3 wheeler, 86 Honda 350X 3 wheeler and a 2014 Kubota RTV 500.

The two 3 wheelers are my youth that I can't let go of. The 350X gets ridden once in a while and the 250R looks good in the barn. The old fourtrax gets ridden more than all the others combined, that old thing won't die. Last year it wouldn't start one day so I went out and bought the new one a couple days later I went out and it fired up first try and has about everyday since, the new foreman has 17 miles on it in the year and a half I have owned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk