How long before this gets stolen

Tughill Tamer

Those things are so dumb

No way! They were awesome. I had them on my accord for a little while in college. Got many people honking and laughing. I did it more for the joke of it. Was pretty funny to see a puny old man car with giant flesh toned truck nuts hanging inches above the ground

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Actually if you look it up I think you will find it is illegal to leave your hitch in when you are not towing a trailor. I know of a couple who were ticketed for it I believe the fine was around 100 bucks.  I could be wrong but don't think so.

3 minutes ago, stubby68 said:

Actually if you look it up I think you will find it is illegal to leave your hitch in when you are not towing a trailor. I know of a couple who were ticketed for it I believe the fine was around 100 bucks.  I could be wrong but don't think so.

Someone told me this but I never heard of anyone getting a ticket for leaving their hitch on . Don't see why it would be illegal .  ????

First time I ever heard of this I talked to 3 different officers who said it was a rumour. Not more then 2 months latter I hear of two tickets  being handed out for this. One of which was gotten by a guy I work with and the officer who gave the ticket was 9th of the three who said it was a rumor.  Just called and asked him about it he said the fine was 90 bucks and that he was told they can cause injury to people walking by and hitting there leg on it. Also that some hitches can hide plate.  Why would someone be walking close enough to my truck that they hit there leg on hitch? Unless they are looking in back to see what they can steal.

• Like 1

I honestly despise stealing.... Drives into a rage like you can't believe... I've seen so many trail cameras, tree stands etc in the woods and the idea of taking them NEVER crosses my mind... As I am sure 99.99% of you feel the same.. I honestly hope it is never stolen from you.. Very nice of your son for sure...  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I agree . I think a person would have to be a real Gomer to hang those from a hitch . No offence meant Pygmy . j/k :rofl:

I agree. When ever I see them I want to snatched it off and fling is in the garbage. Same with the balls.

21 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Someone told me this but I never heard of anyone getting a ticket for leaving their hitch on . Don't see why it would be illegal .  ????

I tried looking it up but can not find anything. Only finding lots of reports from people saying they were ticketed for it. And a few reports saying it is not a law. I guess the only ones who know for sure are those who have gotten that ticket.

32 minutes ago, stubby68 said:

No, its not illegal at all

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

No, its not illegal at all

Like I said I have been told that by many. Even cops yet I personally know 2 people who got ticket for it and one was by a cop who said no such law. Actually 3 lady of the house says the boss of guys who put in our pool told her he got one on way here to meet his crew. Never personally saw any of these tickets nor have I ever gotten one. Just know and have met people who say they have. Also many reports of it can be looked up. I know it is the internet but they all can't be lies.

I have never left mine in and never will. Do not like the looks of it hanging it the back like a boat ruter.

I just started what I have been told by people who I am certain would not make it up.

3 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I agree . I think a person would have to be a real Gomer to hang those from a hitch . No offence meant Pygmy . j/k :rofl:

Pygmy's are not fake.  Big difference.  The mermaid put them there for all to see.  lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stubby68 said:

Like I said I have been told that by many. Even cops yet I personally know 2 people who got ticket for it and one was by a cop who said no such law. Actually 3 lady of the house says the boss of guys who put in our pool told her he got one on way here to meet his crew. Never personally saw any of these tickets nor have I ever gotten one. Just know and have met people who say they have. Also many reports of it can be looked up. I know it is the internet but they all can't be lies.

I have never left mine in and never will. Do not like the looks of it hanging it the back like a boat ruter.

I just started what I have been told by people who I am certain would not make it up.

The only way they can ticket you for it is if the hitch or ball is blocking the license plate. Obstruction of the plate is illegal, so that is most likely what the ticket was, the hitch just caused the obstruction.

• Like 1

I asked at two places today . The manager at TSC said it's illegal because they cause injury in parking lots when people bang their shins on them and he also said that extra damage is done when someone tail ends you . I figured that's why I kept mine on to prevent damage to my vehicle . 

The second person I asked is a mechanic and tow truck driver . He also said the hitches are illegal if you aren't hauling anything and that when they go camping , the guy at the gate makes them remove the hitch if they aren't towing anything . He also said that some counties in Pennsylvania , the cops will stop you if you have the Nads hanging from the back of the truck and you pay a $45 fine . 

• Like 1