Your favorite hot sauce...not neccessarily hot

Single_shot

I have my favorite "hot" sauces,and I have my favorite great tasting "hot" sauces.

My favorite tasting is (red) Tabasco and Franks Red Hot.

My Favorite "gnarly heat,rip you a new azz" hot sauces are

1) Dave's insanity sauce (warning:very wicked and could be hazardous)

2) Bull Snort Fire in the Hole Habanero with warning label

3)Spontaneous Combustion with Danger Warning! From South West

#1 completely sucks for flavor,but the heat is undescribable...true battery acid.

#2 Extremely hot,but has true habanero flavor and heat.

#3) Almost identicle to #2 quite good...but very hot.

In my opinion,Tabasco is the best all around,great tasting hot sauce on the heat side,but Franks is the best tasting hot sauce without the heat.

Honorable mention would have to go to Louisianna brand hot sauce that comes in almost identicle to Franks.

I actually have 3 hot sauces that I use normally. I love hot sauce, but I am not a fan of the burn your face off stuff, I just cant enjoy it.

1 - Franks Red Hot, I love it, and could (and have) drink shots of it straight up. It has good heat to it without tasting like crap.

2 - Tabasco. Nuff said.

3 - Texas Pete's hot sauce. I dunno, just like it.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking for something to put on deer meat one time since I had run out of my fav steak sauce and came across my roomate at the times Daves insanity sauce. I put a health drop on my finger and put it in my mouth. Just about dropped me to my knees it was so hot, pert neer burned my damn face off. An hour later after the burn had killed every nerve in my mouth and I could no longer feel anything I read the back to it. It say's 2 drops per gallon of chili.  ???  So this bottle sits in the refridge for a few months and everyone forgets about it. Well my roomate and a friend of his went over to a local bar and got liquored up real good and stumble back in around 3am and decide to cook some deer meat. They get done cooking it up and our friend is rummaging through the fridge looking for something to put on it and grabs the dave's without my friend seeing him and smothers it with sauce. Just as he's forking a huge mouthfull of this putrid chemical waste into his mouth my roommate notices the bottle on the counter see's his plate drenched in it and go's to slap it out of his hand but it was to late and our friend got the entire inside of his mouth coated with Dave's insanity sauce. I woke up to a blood curdling scream, came running out of my room expecting to see a murder and saw my friend laying on the ground writhing in agonny. We got him to his feet and made him wash his mouth out with milk ( usually seems to take the heat of or make it bareable atleast) But after a gallon of milk was used to rinse his mouth out it still burned for an hour, almost had to take hime to the hospital. He said stuff tasted funny for a week.  :D

I just came across a product last week in Price Chopper, in the international food section......................called Tiger Sauce. I p/u a bottle and tried it the other day while making Fahita's, it was really good.

It is a blend of diff. peppers and spices that come together nicely

FDXX75

• 3 months later...

Sriracha, can't live without sriracha.  It makes its way into everything.  I've even put a squirt into ice cream.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/sriracha

I second that.  I don't know about putting it in ice cream though.  Spontaneous Combustion isn't good at all.  It's just pure heat.  I can take heat but why when there's no flavor?  Sriracha's my top choice.  Tabasco is pretty good to but I can't decide right now if I like Cholula better than Tabasco.

• 3 weeks later...