High Fence Deer Hunting

Core

43 minutes ago, Core said:

I am not passionate about this topic. I spent a few min reading sites and posted about it. I figured it would be an interesting topic for discussion and, clearly, it is.

Got you... That makes sense. was just trying to figure out the goal of the post... To discuss.. Working perfectly.. LOL  

Yeah, I'm not a fan of it ... I know people that have done it.. I personally would not do it... But again.. where it is legal, I don't oppose others from doing it.. To each their own I feel.. 

• Like 1

There can be a wide chasm between legal and sporting. I won't deliberately fish for stocked fish as I'm not really sure what the challenge is.

There was a book made into a movie from the early '70s called Bless the Beasts and the Children that dealt with the idea of canned hunts, in this case of Bison, and the effect on a group of teenage misfits at camp. It deals with a lot of '60s liberal themes so some of the more "damn hippies" members may not dig it. But in 1971, this longhair sure did.

35 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Hiding in a treestand Northeast style to kill a deer might be worse than HF hunting.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey my daughter had to sit there 3 1/2 hours to,kill a deer last year . The only hours she put in at all towards hunting in any way .

Walk her to stand , " the deer come out from over there, wait till they reach that log ." 

• Like 3

The other idea for thinking why people do this is for people living in the city.... no chance to hunt locally... You either try to scout and hunt at the same time, which I can only guess the success rate is low single digits, pay to go on a guided hunt... with an average of 25-33% success rate... Or, go to a HF area, pay 2-4 times an outfitted wild hunt but have 100% success rate...  In terms of $$$, the HF hunting might be the best bang for their buck in their minds... Personally... I couldn't live in a city like that.. But just throwing out an idea where the idea makes more sense.. 

1 hour ago, Doewhacker said:

They are both raised the exact same way and are both farm animals that are accustomed to people handling them and feeding them. Same Same

This statement shows how clueless you really are!  But guess what? Your thoughts mean a little less than nothing in a multi billion dollar business that just keeps growing stronger every year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Core said:

Depending on the plot, it really isn't that much different. Here is how bad it can get:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/big-buck-zone/2011/10/hunting-high-fences-unsportsmanlike-conduct-or-sign-times

So really you might as well ask a local cattle farmer if you can hunt his cows next time he sends them to the butcher.

freakdeer.png

Nice pic of A breeder buck that still stands on a farm in Wisconsin today. Prob valued around a cool million. Straws of semen sell for 10 grand and he can't make enough of them for the demand. That boy there has put a couple million in that farmers pocket in all around sales. You think they care about your thoughts on the subject?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Larry302 said:

Hey my daughter had to sit there 3 1/2 hours to,kill a deer last year . The only hours she put in at all towards hunting in any way .

Walk her to stand , " the deer come out from over there, wait till they reach that log ." 

Don't forget the high track equipment and the trail cams that told ya that Deer was there and,and,and. I can promise ya I could put half these clowns that complain about high fence behind one and give them a picture and a week and they would still come out empty handed!   There are crappy things done in every part of business and this is no different but for the most part not!  

OK.. as stated I am not a doing and HF deer hunts, but posting pics of venison farming deer and trying to pass it off as a HF hunting preserve says more about you than it does the HF industry... lets keep things real if you are trying to prove your point... Preserve animals have very little contact with humans... they are raised wild but in a limited area... Again.. I would not do a HF deer hunt but that is a personal choice for me to make.. But don't post pics of venison farm deer and try o make people think that is remotely close to a HF hunting outfit.. 

1 minute ago, Grizz1219 said:

OK.. as stated I am not a doing and HF deer hunts, but posting pics of venison farming deer and trying to pass it off as a HF hunting preserve says more about you than it does the HF industry... lets keep things real if you are trying to prove your point... Preserve animals have very little contact with humans... they are raised wild but in a limited area... Again.. I would not do a HF deer hunt but that is a personal choice for me to make.. But don't post pics of venison farm deer and try o make people think that is remotely close to a HF hunting outfit.. 

Hey guess what. That pic is from FSW ad on the web page advertising "breeders and stockers".  Not a venison farm deer. You have no idea how those hf animals are raised. I have seen it first hand. 

2 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Hey guess what. That pic is from FSW ad on the web page advertising "breeders and stockers".  Not a venison farm deer. You have no idea how those hf animals are raised. I have seen it first hand. 

It's more like you know jack about the subject. You show pics of breeder bucks that are raised to be tame because of their purpose. Whatever you think you have seen on one place is far from what happens in the next. But again. Your thoughts on the subject really  means squat to anyone involved!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Most HF "ranches" have kill pens that can range from tiny to 3-400 acres. They do not raise them wild, it's called deer farming for a reason. It's like a zoo you can shoot the exhibits. 

Lol. Tiny 3-400 acres. You prob have not hunted on a piece of property that big in your life. Any day you want to take a high fence test you just say the word. I would love to make you look like the fool you sound like!  Won't even have to leave the state!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Hey FSW, how much per lbs of venison?  Can you kill, butcher and package for me?  Willing to pay extra for that since I won't have to get my hands dirty or use up any ammo.

HaHa. You really think I would kill these animals that let me retire at 45 years old making 6 digits with awesome hunting properties all across the state! Ha... Not on you life!  We have just gotten started. Another 1800 acres just got fenced 60 miles from the city.   What do you think that will bring on a year?  Laugh all the way to the bank as they say!

• Like 2

I am sure there are HF places that aren't ethical.... But I am 110% sure there are some that have large tracts of land where you never see a fence... The fact you would not hunt it doesn't mean it isn't ethical... It just means it's not your style... Why bash the ethical places??? If someone wants to legally hunt a deer there, why should it matter to you??? I don't change my own oil, I go to a place and pay someone to do the work for me.. if you do does that make me an unethical truck owner???? LOL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The hunting is figuring out where to place the stand. The rest is waiting.

What about a guided out of state hunt??? You do nothing but either follow someone or sit in a stand/blind they set for you.... Is this now considered unethical or not hunting???? How far are we going to try and push this??? I'm not saying you personally feel like that.. I'm asking the group.. 

• Like 1