High Fence Deer Hunting

Core

I really cannot understand who the heck would pay for something like this and then have the gall to call themselves a hunter afterward. Read this.

http://www.widerackwhitetails.com/trophy_whitetail_hunting.htm

R&P Whitetails is a whitetail trophy deer hunting ranch in Oklahoma.  This is a high fenced deer hunt for a trophy whitetail buck and/or a doe if desired..  This is a fully guided trophy whitetail deer hunt for the buck of a life time.  This is the trophy hunt of a life time for the elusive whitetail deer.  The typical Oklahoma whitetail buck will score less than 125 Boone and Crocket points.  At this Oklahoma deer hunting ranch, average doesn't apply.  This trophy whitetail deer hunt is a little different from the rest.  Here, the hunter can look on line at some trail cam photos and carefully select the trophy whitetail deer he wishes to hunt, if still available.  If you aren't successful, you don't pay.  This is very close to guaranteed trophy whitetail deer hunting.  High fenced trophy whitetail hunting is in many ways like free range trophy whitetail hunts conducted from blinds.  Most guaranteed deer hunts can't guarantee a specific buck.  This is Oklahoma deer hunting at its best.   On our deer hunting preserve or high fenced hunt area, we carefully manage our deer herd.  Most Oklahoma deer hunts are on property where the chance of running into a true trophy is almost nil.  Our deer hunting preserve offers quality high fence deer hunts and a truly excellent deer hunting experience.  You may think because it's high fenced whitetail hunting, the deer will be push over's.  Not these high fenced deer hunts.  They offer the hunter an exciting high fenced deer hunting experience. 

https://gothunts.com/ohio-high-fence-deer-hunts-whitetails-160-300/

There is a 100% success rate, and many hunters take multiple deer.

http://www.adventuresranch.com/

If you are looking to just shoot a deer, we are probably not the right place for you. What we offer is a deer hunt. Our deer are hunted in a natural environment on their terms. You should not expect to come hunting for a day, shoot a trophy, and go home.

Okay, that sounds good, until I get to this:

We put deer through handling facilities, etc. and score the deer prior to hunting season. When they are scored they are ear tagged with a colored button size tag that correlates to the size of the animal. Ex. Yellow button tag = 160 – 170 class buck. This also ensures that a hunter gets a deer as big as what they were looking for. 

HAHAHAHA When was the last time any of you saw a deer with a colored tag in the wild telling you, "on their terms" how big they were?

This is typical of a lot of modern society and it happens in many areas, like climbing everest. People want the acclaim of some accomplishment but lack the commitment to do it legitimately so they pay others to do it for them.

Edited by Core
  • Like 1

Naw, this aint for me. But hey, whatever floats your boat if it's legal. I have known guys that hunted for years and never killed a buck! Going to a place like this, they would finally have something to look at on their wall!....lol. They talk a good game though! And with one of these bucks, I'm sure the story would be epic!

34 minutes ago, Paula said:

Good advertisement for something you don't like. I am sure they appropriate you :rolleyes:

BaHaHa........True. Typical of a lot of society he says?  The rest is like his post..........People worried about what other people are doing. And taking the time from their own lives to actually spend time writing about it?  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

BaHaHa........True. Typical of a lot of society he says?  The rest is like his post..........People worried about what other people are doing. And taking the time from their own lives to actually spend time writing about it?  

That is resplendent irony: you literally just did exactly what you condemned me for. :rofl:

• Like 1

oh hell here's my take.... not going to lie it'd be cool experience as all hell to sit in a stand and have multiple booners or 200+" deer walking through.  if you're a hunter you'll get enjoyment out of seeing deer in that setting that are that big.  i don't care who you are.  are the bucks tame to walk right up to them? probably not, even going through the handling facility.  if you made some areas off limits and went after them with say a traditional bow it might very well be a tough hunt.  is it the same as free range? not even close.  that said whatever floats a persons boat i'm fine with.  as long as it doesn't effect the free range population and you're calling it for what it is, i don't care.  not for me, but i don't care.

• Like 4

If that's how someone wants to kill a deer, I don't think we can stop them.  However, he sure as hell won't get a congratulations from me for his "hunting" accomplishment, because it really isn't much of an accomplishment.  I guess earning or having enough money to go to a place like that might be, but we are talking about "hunting" accomplishment here.  I would congratulate the guy who shot the scrawniest of free-ranging deer well before the guys killing these fenced up bucks on steroids.

Do the ear tags have barcodes on them so they could ring you up at the cash register when you have him hauled back to checkout?  LOL

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grizz1219 said:

Again.. if it is legal... doesn't hurt anyone... doesn't effect you negatively... Why bitch about it??? Hunt how you want to hunt... shoot what you want to shoot legally... and let others do the same... 

I feel no qualms bitching about mediocrity and neither should any of us; too many people churn in it because those around them tell them it's okay. As for why I would bitch about hunting techniques on a hunting forum? Self-evident.

1 minute ago, Core said:

I feel no qualms bitching about mediocrity and neither should any of us; too many people churn in it because those around them tell them it's okay. As for why I would bitch about hunting techniques on a hunting forum? Self-evident.

Maybe work on your own and let other worry about their's. For you to even take the time out of your life to worry about others and something that has nothing to do with your world shows your lacking.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

For you to even take the time out of your life to worry about others and something that has nothing to do with your world shows your lacking.

Like you're doing right now?

This is one my nephew shot at a Texas " ranch" he was there  on business anyways , so,might as well drop 10k to shoot a buck . The next year his son at idk 10 Y/o shot one . He put down his video game and picked up his rifle when the guide said ," there's one you can shoot ." I saw the video of it all .

That said they shoot plenty of bucks back in Tenn. just like we all do,here in NY.

He's got the bucks to do,the Texas thing ( pays 25k a year per kid , has 3 for private school ) . 

When we go,to Maine , I guess I could dive and try to catch a lobster , but I just pluck one out of the tank in the restaurant .

image.jpeg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Core said:

42 minutes ago, Core said:

Do you think by complaining about it, somehow, people will stop doing it or think differently about it??? Trust me.. I would not do a HF hunt for deer ever... Not my style... But also not my style is wearing a mens Romper, doesn't mean I will oppose others from wearing one if they so chose....  I'm just trying to determine if you are looking to change something or, just standing on your soap box venting about something you don't like... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grizz1219 said:

Do you think by complaining about it, somehow, people will stop doing it or think differently about it??? Trust me.. I would not do a HF hunt for deer ever... Not my style... But also not my style is wearing a mens Romper, doesn't mean I will oppose others from wearing one if they so chose....  I'm just trying to determine if you are looking to change something or, just standing on your soap box venting about something you don't like... 

I am not passionate about this topic. I spent a few min reading sites and posted about it. I figured it would be an interesting topic for discussion and, clearly, it is.

Is it really that much different than shooting a deer out of a food plot that you planted for no other reason than to attract a deer?

I wouldn't hunt in a high fence for the same reason why I hate shooting deer on my home property, I kind of feel like it's cheating. Same reason why I don't use calls and decoys to hunt turkeys, I think it does away with the "fair" part of the chase.

That being said I couldn't care less if someone wants to drop the jingle and shoot a deer that's in a pen. If I walked into their house and it was on their wall I would still congratulate them because they still killed it and they must be happy with it or it wouldn't be on their wall.

If it's legal and safe who cares where or how someone kills a critter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Is it really that much different than shooting a deer out of a food plot that you planted for no other reason than to attract a deer?

I wouldn't hunt in a high fence for the same reason why I hate shooting deer on my home property, I kind of feel like it's cheating. Same reason why I don't use calls and decoys to hunt turkeys, I think it does away with the "fair" part of the chase.

That being said I couldn't care less if someone wants to drop the jingle and shoot a deer that's in a pen. If I walked into their house and it was on their wall I would still congratulate them because they still killed it and they must be happy with it or it wouldn't be on their wall.

If it's legal and safe who cares where or how someone kills a critter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on the plot, it really isn't that much different. Here is how bad it can get:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/big-buck-zone/2011/10/hunting-high-fences-unsportsmanlike-conduct-or-sign-times

The worst canned hunts (or more accurately shoots) are nothing short of obscene. You select your "trophy range" in inches and by what your checkbook can handle. The only rule being "the bigger the better." Your deer may have been delivered to your hunting location a few days earlier or may have been stocked a few weeks or months earlier. If he carries uncommonly massive antlers he is probably the product of genetic manipulation where the only thing that matters is rack size. He was sold as a "shooter" because he didn't make the grade as a breeder. He may be semi-tame or even semi-stupid with all that "only antlers matter" inbreeding in his line.

You may shoot him out of a golf cart or you may choose to break in those new boots, but one way or another you will get your buck. You may hunt over bait or wait for the boys to walk him through a narrow shooting slot but get him you will. You will head for the bar, pay the bill ($10,000 to $15,000 for a really good whitetail), drive through the gate and will be home for dinner.

So really you might as well ask a local cattle farmer if you can hunt his cows next time he sends them to the butcher.

freakdeer.png

Edited by Core