Woodchuck?

rachunter

When I got up to my house this morning doing my normal inspection I found a hole in the ground and one going under my house what ever it is cleaned out the mouse bait boxes? Could it be the woodchuck I keep see in the back ? Anyone ever have this happen before?

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

I have a bunch of fun throughout the summer shooting woodchucks but having 1 or 2 around the house can be a huge pain in the butt and they tend not to be very easy to kill. They have an uncanny ability to show up when you don't have a gun or a clear shot. I have drank a lot of beer waiting for the woodchuck to poke his head out in my back yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Cracked him yesterday morning haven't seen him. So I'm calling it threat eliminated !!! I kinda wished he didn't jump in his hole that was the first woodchuck I ever shot. 

Happy Father's Day Mr. Woodchuck.  Hope you like your CCI Stinger

Eh, he'd only look like a woodchuck .......but with a hole in him.   ^_^

Fill in his holes now to know you've eliminated the threat.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:03 PM, Bill Schmidt said:

Anybody here know why dogs hate woodchucks?? My black lab Ben killed one and my sisters golden retriever-Cody also killed one. Now walking Abbey last week- a 45ilb lab- she raced to a woodchuck and got in a quick cutting type of a bite. The woodchuck jumped at her with mouth open- but missed the bite. These 3 dogs would never hurt a fly. What gives???

That is what dogs DO, Bill.....I have had dogs all my life..Had several  that would never be aggressive toward a human or another domestic animal, but you put a woodchuck or a coon or a squirrel in front of them and  were savage beasts... I think what it boils down to is that dogs are predators and they instinctively know what animals are PREY animals, so they react aggressively toward them.

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 2