What's the most "worthless"

On 6/20/2017 at 9:59 PM, grampy said:

I bought one of those three legged hunting seats. To get up off the bare ground a bit. Lasted about an hour before one of the legs sunk in and broke. Use a pad on a milk crate now. Stay comfy all day!

not sure how one acquires a milk crate if they need one but i've somehow got half a dozen and use them all.

1 minute ago, dbHunterNY said:

not sure how one acquires a milk crate if they need one but i've somehow got half a dozen and use them all.

I know a guy that knows a guy. Probably have 50 or more scattered around.

• Like 1

i'm trying to think and it might very well be the buck bomb aerosol can.  used it once, very carefully, and still ended up tossing my gloves in the trash.  i did recently buy the butt out tool but i've gotten talked into and it's supposed to be promising.  i always thought of that as something fitting of this thread.  in it's defense i have yet to use it.

14 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

was it the design or the disappointment when you realized Tiffany Lakosky didn't come with them?  i kid you not i've never had troubles.

I didn't like hunting with Tiffany . Her perfume was too strong and spooked the deer ! 

• Like 1

Danner boots. Not warm and they fell apart in less then one season. They were tie up boots not slip on. The out side started to split and leak the first week the sole started coming off at same time. I had them for 4 months before I wore so store would not take them back. Called Danner got nothing. They said sorry to hear that we can exchange them for another pair but no refound. Why would I want another pair of junk. Have had my Hermon survivors and lacrosse for years no problems and nice and warm. The Hermon are the warmer and most comfortable  but the lacrosse are a close secound. 

The Dead Sled, deer drag. It's a plastic rolled up sled comes in a nice shoulder carry bag. The first time I used it the straps broke and the deer kept sliding off of it. PITA! So I fixed the straps and re read the instructions, turns out I was at fault as I didn't properly tie the deer into it. I gave it another try and it kept rolling over and getting caught on brush, It sits on a shelf in the garage, I should just toss it in the garbage.

A close second would be my Amerstep Big House blind, the white metal connectors that hold the pole to the hubs break every time I put it up and take it down. I bought replacements and now carry spares, but it sucks having to fix at least 1 every time I use it. Last turkey season I just put it up and left it all season just cause I didn't want to deal with it breaking again. Fortunately it was private land so I felt safe leaving it. 

speaking of the rage broadheads i use them had big problems with them not locking and constantly opening . i bought the relacement blades kit ( big mistake!!)it was horrible to try to get the pins out that and hitting them back in. i threw the broadheads away and bought new ones a waste of $24, i went to the hardware store and bought the rubber ''o'' rings for $1.99 and believe it or not they held better . the original rages had there problems but been told the new ones with the shock collars are better

42 minutes ago, stubby68 said:

Danner boots. Not warm and they fell apart in less then one season. They were tie up boots not slip on. The out side started to split and leak the first week the sole started coming off at same time. I had them for 4 months before I wore so store would not take them back. Called Danner got nothing. They said sorry to hear that we can exchange them for another pair but no refound. Why would I want another pair of junk. Have had my Hermon survivors and lacrosse for years no problems and nice and warm. The Hermon are the warmer and most comfortable  but the lacrosse are a close secound. 

That's to bad , I've had nothing but great luck with Danners for idk 25 years now . It is pricey to get the American made ones now, but even my over seas ones have lasted .

Few years back I bought two pair by way of their " friends and family" sale. The order code got "out" and spread around the Internet , It was supposed to be for employees and family members only. Their site crashed when the code spread, and guess what?  I phoned in my order and even though I was not " friends and family " they honored it .

Rage? I was just trying to stir the pot, I'm a little disappointed usually guys swallow the hook right away ! 

I did  try them one year, killed a buck but penetration and then blood trail was very bad. This may have been due to a high extreme rear quartering shot and light arrows though . went back to cut on contacts and last year a 75 yard stroll to my dead buck .

i got a couple packs of Rage heads if anyone wants them , just don't ask me to bring my Beagle out to find your deer .....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Sorry Larry302 but you just reminded me of my biggest flop purchase for hunting .......Fireballs ^_^  Never saw a deer after popping one in

My plan is working then .... Next year try hanging dirty socks all around your stand .

• Like 6

I didn't like hunting with Tiffany . Her perfume was too strong and spooked the deer ! 

Had the pleasure of her company once. You should've seen all the bucks in rut begging to meet her! Haha I'll have to dig up a picture.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh man.  Where do I start.  

Numerous blinds, not the hub style. I could get them open, but folding them back up was a instant America funniest home video winner. 

Someone mention those boil hand warmers. Yep those were awful.

The first carbon arrows. Had these long aluminum point adapter that slid over the shaft. Shoot into a new Makenzie Target, and those dam point adapter would bend. They were epoxyed on. 

Bushnell range finder.  Lasted two weeks. Bushnell said I abused it. Not a scratch on it, but I guess leaving it in it's case was concerned abuse. Never purchased anything Bushnell since, and that was probably 20 yrs ago. 

I know there's more, but I think my subconscious has blocked them from my memory.  

Looking at this topic as a cost vs ROI:

Probably the $100s of dollars I've spent on both OTC synthetic or the "real thing" deer scents over the years. Have heard many rave about certain brands, none have worked for me!

Have to laugh at myself when I think about one hunting gizmo I purchased, the pee bottle. After using it on the 1st hunt... what do I do with the contents now? Poured it out on the ground next to where I was hunting. Duh...! Then I heard about guys refreshing scrapes with their own urine. So why in hell am I so concerned about where I go...? Since then, simply go overboard and have had numerous bucks & does underneath the stand checking out the scent. Dbl duh...!!!

Then there's the $$ worth of scent-free/non UV crap I stubbornly buy each year, laundry soap, dryer sheets, spray, earth scent discs, totes/bags, etc. Not knowing if it is really working or not!??! Sometimes I think I'd be money ahead if I simply bought a $10 bag of corn and filled my hunting jacket's pockets before each hunt using it as strictly a cover scent.

Edited by nyslowhand

On 6/26/2017 at 8:07 PM, dbHunterNY said:

tifflakosky.jpg

Yes, Barbie can hunt and harvest BBs! Helps if Ken has ~5k of hunting land available, a small fortune in agr type food plot equipment, $Ms in endorsements and that's their full time occupation of growing & hunting BBs. Jealous, maybe...!

14 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Yes, Barbie can hunt and harvest BBs! Helps if Ken has ~5k of hunting land available, a small fortune in agr type food plot equipment, $Ms in endorsements and that's their full time occupation of growing & hunting BBs. Jealous, maybe...!

she wasn't a hunter before she met him.  she's long chose to be one since.  i know of other very success hunters where it's a big part of their lives and their other half still doesn't pursue hunting. so i say good for her.  they definitely are successful now, that's obvious.  not like it was always that way though.  he made a ballsy move to leave a good job as a chemical engineer behind, pack some belongings up, and relocate his life to big buck country to better pursue his dreams. he didn't have the big money endorsements back then and the risk he took was probably considered stupid.  he made it work for him though and pretty much made it to the top of what he sought to do, so good for him too.  i'd love hunting on their properties and be able to put in the hours they do, but i surely don't resent them for their situation of being well off, when i know they worked to get there.  Tom Hoffman that's from around here has a ridiculous trophy room.  he goes on $25k sheep hunts like a fat kid eats sweets, let alone the north american super slam he's done.  he built up a business though to pay for his play.  every time i go to a Hoffman's car wash or get an oil change at a JiffyLube I chuckle and shake my head thinking i got indirectly sucked into contributing to his next hunting.

• Like 1

Who's the nerd in the picture with Tiffany ??
Never mind....I just want to look at her.....>....

Ha! Since ive had to boost my image. I've had a full beard for a few years now. Still full nerd at my dad job. If I had a cool nerd meme to post I would.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk