What's the most "worthless"

What's the most "worthless" hunting / sports tool you have ever bought ? For me , it was the "Air Skinner" . It's a device that you stick in a deer's hide and fasten it to an air compressor . The air loosens the hide from the muscle . The videos showing the use make it look like a great tool . The problem I had was as soon as it loosens the hide and finds the opening from field dressing , that's it . It will loosen the hide a bit but it was a total waste of money . 

http://www.airskinner.com/air-skinner-in-action/

12 minutes ago, grampy said:

I bought one of those three legged hunting seats. To get up off the bare ground a bit. Lasted about an hour before one of the legs sunk in and broke. Use a pad on a milk crate now. Stay comfy all day!

I have an old Metal Milk Crate that I will sell you ........:taunt:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I have an old Metal Milk Crate that I will sell you ........:taunt:

HaHa.....I use the plastic ones, they are quieter and lighter. A nylon strap through the crate and over my shoulder, off I go! Haven't broke one yet! And all my natural ground blinds have at least one. Wish they made em with arm rests though!

wow thank you for starting this, where should i start ,well every time i go to the sportmans show i get sucked in to buying something. there was the hand warmers that you boiled they were hot alright for a 1/2 hr, the bow carrier that you put around your neck seemed like a good idea freeing up your hands, well the thing cut into your neck and the bow swung back and forth while you walked.knife sharpeners(i have a fetish about sharp knives) metal polishes . but other things i tried and sucked too are the buck bomb(leaked wouldnt spray) the butt out oh its works but you have to becareful you rip the anal canal right out and you still have to cut the p tube easy on a buck not so on a doe. well i dont watch t.v. in the middle of the nite anymore they look good but by the time you pay the shipping and handling cost and find out they suck not worth the money as seen on t.v.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fasteddie said:

For me , it was the "Air Skinner" . It's a device that you stick in a deer's hide and fasten it to an air compressor .

I didn't buy the "air skinner" but just used a air line with a tire inflator and thought it was quite useful compared to tugging and pulling the entire hide off. I only tried it once bit I think it saved a lot of work.

Maybe try this:

9 hours ago, ....rob said:

Mouth calls for turkey. Severe gag reflex! 

I have the same issue... The only call I can use is the Primos Elk calls withe the palate plate on top.. It's a bit higher pitched than a standard turkey call but kills birds every year... See the pic... if you need more info let me know... 

NYturkeyCcalls.jpg

21 minutes ago, Steve D said:

I didn't buy the "air skinner" but just used a air line with a tire inflator and thought it was quite useful compared to tugging and pulling the entire hide off. I only tried it once bit I think it saved a lot of work.

Maybe try this:

I saw this done in Florida about 30 years ago, they did it in the morning in an open barn from the trusses, saw it in the afternoon covered in flies????? 

39 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Maybe try this:

Ive done this, works great!

I bought deer sense 1 time you light and let them burn and they were supposed to attract deer for miles... I never saw 1 deer while they were smoking....

I have to say I use and have more than a few years used tinks smoking sticks...and they have worked for me...the all season ones.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2017 at 10:01 AM, growalot said:

I have to say I use and have more than a few years used tinks smoking sticks...and they have worked for me...the all season ones.

My youngest son set 2 different ones 10 yards out from the ladder stand he was in in South Bristol . Shot a 10 point buck at one of the sticks . 

On 6/21/2017 at 10:01 AM, growalot said:

Did not know Tinks made them...maybe give them a try during bow season if I can find them..