2017 live from the lake , ocean , pond , stream, river thread

turkeyfeathers

Hit piseco lake this afternoon. No cell service at all. The lake steward gave me a few pointer about the lake nice fellow. I marked fish in one spot he said to check. But the wind picked up and my little boat was no match for the white caps. So l fish on land again wind. Going to hit it again tomorrow morning. 

2 minutes ago, SmokeinTN said:

Like to be with ya but the trip is a long one. Best of luck 

Thanks, Jeff...My old buddy Mort ( Bob Mourhess) is going with me....The guys who have been fishing this week have done real well on both bass and panfish..The perch are running big this year, as they did last year...We'll be C&R on the bass but I have an ice chest full of ice for the perch and panfish..

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Thanks, Jeff...My old buddy Mort ( Bob Mourhess) is going with me....The guys who have been fishing this week have done real well on both bass and panfish..The perch are running big this year, as they did last year...We'll be C&R on the bass but I have an ice chest full of ice for the perch and panfish..

Say hey to Mort fished some on Keuka but duck hunted more.  Get a bunch.

Good luck fellas. My boat is still buried deep inside my buddy's factory , with the high water levels can't even launch, then the Bay is idol speed only . May pull it out to clean it and get it running, maybe hit Canandaigua a few times during the week .

Nice morning started out calm then the wind picked up. Drop two nice smallies on a popper.  Then the rockbass took over with a few pickerel on a hair jig. I found a nice shoal but couldn't hold the boat on it. I'm going to try sacandaga lake this afternoon. 

IMG_0330.JPG

• Like 1

Got into maybe 15 bigger smallies , 2 Rockies , hammer handle northern , bunch of gobies , 5 freshwater drum ( so much better sounding than sheephead Very gingerly bouncing 3" Gulp black and white and crayfish off the bottom. We all lost a few bass and sheephead too. South gap along outer wall early and then south gap inside inner wall later. That boat hums at a good clip. 8e41eca20ed69801485221ffc6f09b47.jpg1365cc716687c69638cb5c2bd49745db.jpg45c0e41c3f6b8d9383fa07a3b855673b.jpged18e6f15c6644065d4079c769d7d6ae.jpg6a5884df6cd55aa3c7fcbf46ce32d729.jpg4ffe50bf12e45e4815b90d1336698aac.jpgcc556d91b263d2526548fadda8f18c43.jpg53edf30c9c89f59ff690fe0fd2e5c8cf.jpgee25017803bcb49799b983617f9f2577.jpg

Yeah , I can't swim so I'm wearing the gilligans island like life jacket. Forgot to take our good ones. Inside the wall was pretty murky Outside much clearer. Fun day #1 of daughters summer vacation. Now her , mama and SIL just left for Hamilton , Ontario to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I'm going to get a porcelain crown on a tooth lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Fished from my kayak this morning in the Oneida river, did well on panfish, I kept about half of what I caught, a few largies mixed in as well, the bass all went back in the water. I much prefer eating sunfish and bluegill to any bass.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

IMG_20170605_151904842_HDR.thumb.jpg.331IMG_20170605_123155416.thumb.jpg.60c07ec
  • Like 7

Things were slow for us on Keuka today.....Only caught about a dozen smallies, mostly small. Perch and panfish  were not on hot either...Kept enough for a couple of meals, between perch, sunfish and some big rockies...I did catch 4 pickerel, and every one of the snaggle-toothed slimey pricks ruined one of my slider grubs......Oh, and one more thing...My electric motor s**t the bed today....Time to go shopping for another one... It didn't owe me anything tho....Had it ten years and it had a lot of hours on it..

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 3