2017 live from the lake , ocean , pond , stream, river thread

turkeyfeathers

What are you guys using to catch the salmon and lakers? Ever used lake clear wobblers or green mountain grabbers?
I use spoons (Sutton for the bows in the finger lakes work in Ontario too tho) and flasher fly combos for salmon and spin and glows for Lakers. I will have to Google those lures always looking for more stuff lol

Anyone who wants to expand their laker tackle should look into gambler rigs (Google gamblerrigs.Com)
I am no way associate and have never met the guy but have talked to him on face book and another forum I am on and I will tell you his rigs catch Lakers consistently. I was shocked I didn't pick one up on Canandaigua first time I have run his rigs and not caught at least one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What are you guys using to catch the salmon and lakers? Ever used lake clear wobblers or green mountain grabbers?
Just Google them the wobblers I run very similar things behind spin and glows I just call them cowbells. May have to try and pick some of those up to try as well.

The grabbers look alot like the worm harnesses I run for eyes when I go out for them (rarely) hopefully will do that more too lol not enough time

I will look that up. The lake clear wobblers are spoons just set up to a swivel hook on one end and 12-18 inches of line and a hook with a night crawler and troll. Green mountain grabbers are great for walleye. Thanks for the info.
Yea was just looking more into them....some good stuff on those sites

Today was the last morning fishing with my nephew, we have had a blast the past few weeks. Next year I hope he spends the whole summer. I lost count of how many bass we caught and released this morning but it was enough that my iPhone doesn't recognize my thumb lolad7f11c488d6bc17f3eb1a8189bd8196.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

12 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Don't recognize those names.  For lakers, we use cowbells and peanuts or spinners.  Of course, we catch the occasional laker when chasing salmon and steelies too.  But generally we troll faster (2.5-3.0 vs. 1.0-2.0) for salmon and steelies and are not bottom bouncing like when targeting lakers.  Salmon and steelies are usually a combo of various spoons and some dipsies running spin doctors and flies or cut bait (we use the fake stuff).  Gamblers rigs do work well for lakers. 

• Like 1

Today was the last morning fishing with my nephew, we have had a blast the past few weeks. Next year I hope he spends the whole summer. I lost count of how many bass we caught and released this morning but it was enough that my iPhone doesn't recognize my thumb lolad7f11c488d6bc17f3eb1a8189bd8196.jpg&key=e626ad8f4846c923c52a6bf80950ab2ce573f1c10a1391e4d21143a9773d1f0c

Float the Genesee ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Northsox65 said:

I love taking the Grandkids Fishing, just sitting on the bank with a worm on the hook, the bobber floating and enjoying nature. This was Sunday on Cayuga Lake, both kids caught little pearch and had a blast.THE BOYS FISHING.jpg

Ill never get tired of watching a bobber. Of course as a card carrying fly-fishing snob Im required to call it an "indicator"

• Like 1

Always willing to help out a fellow outdoorsmen were a dying breed with all the technology and the kids not wanting to get out and explore. You fish lake Ontario a lot I want to bowfish it so bad I was near suny Oswego campus at a park and seen the biggest carp ive ever seen.
This is my first year fishing Ontario actually only been there once so far lol I will be out few days next week for the loc fall derby can't wait

W

8 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

This is my first year fishing Ontario actually only been there once so far lol I will be out few days next week for the loc fall derby can't wait

What size boat you using? I just bought a 2010 bass tracker 16ft deep v 50hp mercury. Used only 40 hours on motor. Little small for that big lake.

W
What size boat you using? I just bought a 2010 bass tracker 16ft deep v 50hp mercury. Used only 40 hours on motor. Little small for that big lake.
I have a 17foot open bow four wins ski boat i converted to fishing that I will take up soon when they are closer lol but for now I fish with a friend on his 20 foot bayliner trophy....it handles the waves beautifully I'm going to look at getting one if not bigger for next season

My boat...2 electric mag 10 riggers 2 dipsy rods a chute rod and 2 rods for inline boards up front....works good I'm just going to try and go bigger. Just installed helix 7 and fish hawk too....(its for sale with or without electrics lol )6969a19f05d7032b2fcc7ae80821825a.jpg

• Like 1

We went salmon fishing out of Port Ontario Pulaski yesterday and had a great day on the water.  Boated 11 fish all together, with about 6 strikes that we missed out on.   Pictured are 8 of the largest fish, but all fish were processed and are in the freezer.  Looking forward to smoking one of those giant filets soon! 

Salmon Fishing 8 16 2017.jpg

• Like 9

It looks like you got (6) nice "screamers" there ^.  They sure are fast at this time of year.   We were up at Wilson harbor on lake Ontario hoping to get into a few, but the lake was too rough to get out on the lake in my 17 footer.   We did ok in the harbor on the backup plan (bringing back a largemouth bass and a few bluegills to restock my small pond, that dried up last year in the drought).  The bass fishing was so so yesterday morning with about a dozen small largemouth (less than 12"), and just one 13" "keeper".        

Anyone fish the Susquehena river or Cohocton ? Susquehena looked impassable in places for anything but a kayak or canoe in places but looked like great water driving by it. And the Cohocton looked ok but maaaaaan does that thing wind. We crossed over it a zillion times driving.

Anyone fish the Susquehena river or Cohocton ? Susquehena looked impassable in places for anything but a kayak or canoe in places but looked like great water driving by it. And the Cohocton looked ok but maaaaaan does that thing wind. We crossed over it a zillion times driving.

The Cohocton has some amazing Browns. There is quite a bit of special regulation water but most of the creek is wadable. Well worth wetting a line, don't be surprised if you pull out some large browns.