2017 live from the lake , ocean , pond , stream, river thread

turkeyfeathers

Nice mixed batch of fish. I wish I had a youngster to drag my shanty yesterday. We went to a new place yesterday and had a long drag out. Come to find out, people were parking about 50 yards from where we were fishing in a little side pull-off that we didn't know about. We did get into a big batch of 10-12 inch perch, with my brother's girlfriend catching the most by being patient while we drilled holes trying to stay on fish.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Where'd ya go? When life calms down in a couple weeks you two should come up and join me for some laker action on lake George!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were at a small lake in the hilltowns, called Onderdonk. And fishing with you at LG sounds sweet!

• Like 1

Our grandson Gavin wanted to fish today so after I got done looking at a kitchen and 2nd floor addition job and walked in the hous at 10:Ryan he was standing there all dressed...Judy said he's been dressed for 30 minutes.

A lot of people had left so off we went to go hit an areas I have avoided with the recent crowds.

Drilled an offset series of holes and before I started the 2nd hole Gavin was already dropping his jig and was tight with a decent perch.
For the next hour that was the routine me drill him catch then the fish would move.
I drilled another 2 holes and for an hour we didn't move and pounded big fish. Then I had to drill 2 more holes and back on them again.
Did that 2 more times and so in it was time to count fish. I had 47 in my bucket and he had 40.
So we just walked back and dropped in our holes on the return run. I finished up in the first hole and Gavin hit 3 to get his last 10.

He couldn't carry his bucket so he carried the auger back while I carried the fish buckets.

He won the big fish of the day and we bagged 8lbs of cleaned fillets. 8815ecc58825364d624cd5db3a74759d.jpg09ed6d77d4de2c8c67eadd2c803175c0.jpg14a5b711dc2890ae7f44365b30d2e950.jpg

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, reeltime said:

Our grandson Gavin wanted to fish today so after I got done looking at a kitchen and 2nd floor addition job and walked in the hous at 10:Ryan he was standing there all dressed...Judy said he's been dressed for 30 minutes.

A lot of people had left so off we went to go hit an areas I have avoided with the recent crowds.

Drilled an offset series of holes and before I started the 2nd hole Gavin was already dropping his jig and was tight with a decent perch.
For the next hour that was the routine me drill him catch then the fish would move.
I drilled another 2 holes and for an hour we didn't move and pounded big fish. Then I had to drill 2 more holes and back on them again.
Did that 2 more times and so in it was time to count fish. I had 47 in my bucket and he had 40.
So we just walked back and dropped in our holes on the return run. I finished up in the first hole and Gavin hit 3 to get his last 10.

He couldn't carry his bucket so he carried the auger back while I carried the fish buckets.

He won the big fish of the day and we bagged 8lbs of cleaned fillets. 8815ecc58825364d624cd5db3a74759d.jpg09ed6d77d4de2c8c67eadd2c803175c0.jpg14a5b711dc2890ae7f44365b30d2e950.jpg

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

You guys had a great fishing day!  Its all about making the memories that are so precious. Time well spent!  And way to go Gavin!

23 hours ago, grampy said:

You guys had a great fishing day!  Its all about making the memories that are so precious. Time well spent!  And way to go Gavin!

from 1 gramps to another, thank you sir.  he LOVES to fish if they are biting LOL  he had a blast as always.

• Like 1

thanks doe.

finished up a roof fix this morning and my buddy said lets go......don't gotta tell me twice. LOL

we hit the ice at 130 and were back by 5,   I drilled 5 holes took 10 jumbos out of each hole, my buddy drilled 2 holes and worked those over to get 23 jumbos.  Drives him nuts to drill a hole 5 feet from me use the same lure and watch me catch 2-3 to his 1 LOL if nothing else we have a fun time bustin chops while fishing.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, BigVal said:

Perch smackdown for reeltime.. nice work. Possibly going to fish sodus this Thursday. 

the entire bay is NOT safe, an area that had a hundred people fishing on good ice 2 days ago is open water today.

if you are headed to sodus give me a shout before you make the trip.

2 minutes ago, reeltime said:

the entire bay is NOT safe, an area that had a hundred people fishing on good ice 2 days ago is open water today.

if you are headed to sodus give me a shout before you make the trip.

Wow thanks!  I'm surprised to hear it and appreciate it 

Had to be outside today, such a gorgeous day. Caught these in our pond. Also got a perch and a 14" bass. I stocked the bass last year, but the perch and crappie got there on their own!34d908f5d383606c8e2570f1bf8e6998.jpg3a9cc4a9df0fc2d007ca87e38022fd40.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I here it's good but I haven't fished perch in lake George in 15yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been fishing northern Lake Champlain fishing's slow for us jigging. What was the size and weight of the lakers Ive never fished for them. Always set up tip ups for pike and walleye tho.