2017 live from the lake , ocean , pond , stream, river thread

turkeyfeathers

15 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

You fish isle la motte  and piedlots bay on the Vermont side. I fish Kelly's bay just across the bridge in is it alburgh. Ill be fishing heavy this week just hope the ice holds. How much ice were you fishing on. I know when we get a south wind it breaks up pretty good. Hoping for a warm up just too open the main channel and the fish ill start coming into the bays again Ive been hearing all deep water is where there at.

I fish in North Hero mostly.  Never fished Isle La Motte.  The bays are really protected, and there is no edges, so it doesn't break up in the wind.  I was on 16-18" of ice.  The fish will come in closer to spring.  It's still pretty early. I never fish deep water.  Seems like too much work to chase them around.  I stick close to the weeds in shallow water, and do pretty well.  

• Like 1

February thaw.  I'm not a big fan of climate change.  The shorelines are already going, and the 10 day forecast isn't showing much for freezing temps.  Spring is a fine time of year, but I'm not ready yet!  The warm up did get the fish moving.  It's always good when there is water running down the holes.  Supposed to "guide" for my buddy and his son on Tuesday.  Here's hoping we can even get out there!

I'm done for now. Shores gave up Friday while we were at work. It's nice doing business with the bait shops, so they are nice enough to give me a heads up. Saved us travelling an hour and putting ourselves in danger. Tried a closer lake, but that was already open 6 feet around the shore. Might be done for the year, but I hope not.