2017 live from the lake , ocean , pond , stream, river thread

turkeyfeathers

Went to friends and fished his pond. Few bass and daughter caught a few calico bass. Was hoping for a channel cat or two. Pond only 10' deep but holds some great fish. Sodfather , his family and our mutual friend and family had a great evening. 327765c8c6e0687d77d8d28b45285190.jpgf4d6d74bf628665964cd44c3ba285b72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Went to friends and fished his pond. Few bass and daughter caught a few calico bass. Was hoping for a channel cat or two. Pond only 10' deep but holds some great fish. Sodfather , his family and our mutual friend and family had a great evening. 327765c8c6e0687d77d8d28b45285190.jpg&key=5837804f31015efe1b95912d486e87077fe406e682f8746e76fcb9327c307e1af4d6d74bf628665964cd44c3ba285b72.jpg&key=91563362b845e45d48cf94fad2489f3a2cf98602cacebffbff5e4583ea188511

What's a calico bass? Serious question. Is that another name for crappie?

I went salmon fishing out of Pulaski a couple of years ago and had a great day.  I heard the salmon and Coho bite was really good right now.  Would anyone like to split the cost of a charter?  We used Dan's River and Guide Service, but am open to other Charters too.  PM me with any interest.

Salmon Fishing0001.pdfDSCF1361-1.JPG

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Otto said:

I went salmon fishing out of Pulaski a couple of years ago and had a great day.  I heard the salmon and Coho bite was really good right now.  Would anyone like to split the cost of a charter?  We used Dan's River and Guide Service, but am open to other Charters too.  PM me with any interest.

Salmon Fishing0001.pdfDSCF1361-1.JPG

Hard to beat salmon fishing in Pulaski! Coho's always seem to elude me though.

4 minutes ago, rachunter said:

i'm out in suffolk county that area does well.i wasn't set up to fish after dark.maybe tomorrow nite still a few more good tides.

Bass fishing should still be alright right now. North Shore is still producing keepers on chunks at night last I heard. 

I fished solo this morning in the River, near Strawberry Island.  Embarrassed  to say I drew a blank..........IIRC I did lousy last year the few times I went out there also.  Next time I go it'll be from the Small Boat Harbor into the Lake, maybe inside the breakwalls only but that'll be dependent on the winds.

I used live bait this morning, smaller golden shiners.  That could have been part of my trouble...........I like the bigger minnows that my dad always called "bass chubs".  Not sure what they are as my memory isn't clear on it.  Soft shell crabs weren't in stock, just hard shell.  Never had good luck with the hard shell..............

Hardly anybody fishing, maybe four boats all morning. {7:30-11:30}  Not too sunny and just a slight breeze that kept things moving.  Two cigars and a bottle of water filled my needs.  :)

• Like 4

I fished solo this morning in the River, near Strawberry Island.  Embarrassed  to say I drew a blank..........IIRC I did lousy last year the few times I went out there also.  Next time I go it'll be from the Small Boat Harbor into the Lake, maybe inside the breakwalls only but that'll be dependent on the winds.
I used live bait this morning, smaller golden shiners.  That could have been part of my trouble...........I like the bigger minnows that my dad always called "bass chubs".  Not sure what they are as my memory isn't clear on it.  Soft shell crabs weren't in stock, just hard shell.  Never had good luck with the hard shell..............
Hardly anybody fishing, maybe four boats all morning. {7:30-11:30}  Not too sunny and just a slight breeze that kept things moving.  Two cigars and a bottle of water filled my needs. 

Aw man. Give me a / us a shout. We can get on some fish.

Last week Monday, the smallmouth were hitting pretty good, straight out from the gap between the windmills at the old steel plant, where the bottom dropped from 15 to 30 feet.  We were catching them between 22 and 25 feet    They tend to move out deeper as the lake warms up.   The winds were light and variable, and 1/4 oz jigs, bounced along the bottom, were doing the trick.   There were 4-5 other boats out there drifting bait, but I did not see any of them connecting.