2017 live from the lake , ocean , pond , stream, river thread

turkeyfeathers

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

07cecc72062abe4d30bd17912ebfae20.jpglost a LOT of respect for Bob, came 1000 yards down the beach for me to take this fluke off. We are taking that thing to Gloucester to set the market!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That guy looks like Mark Whalberg

• Like 3

20170723_085448_012_01.jpg

My sons first bass then his first perch. Farm pond in java. He smiles like some of the guys on here with deer. Thankfully we hooked into fish quickly on first few casts, we were done within 10 minutes. He wasn't that into it, but maybe he will like it down the road some more.

20170723_091702.jpg

• Like 8

20170723_085448_012_01.jpg
My sons first bass then his first perch. Farm pond in java. He smiles like some of the guys on here with deer. Thankfully we hooked into fish quickly on first few casts, we were done within 10 minutes. He wasn't that into it, but maybe he will like it down the road some more.
20170723_091702.jpg

Very cute pic. Definitely print that out. Nice perch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

07cecc72062abe4d30bd17912ebfae20.jpglost a LOT of respect for Bob, came 1000 yards down the beach for me to take this fluke off. We are taking that thing to Gloucester to set the market!

Awesome! Im hoping to get a a keeper fluke or two Friday.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Looks like it could be a brook to me not a brown

Nope....Char ( brookies and lakers)  are dark with light markings...True trout  ( browns, rainbows cutthroats)  are light colored with dark markings..

• Like 1

I've got my nephew in this week from Mass. I told him if he comes out we will fish til we drop. He wanted to catch a trout on the fly, we handled that. Today we took the kayaks out for bass in a little pond and got 11 in just a couple hours. All small but still fun. I really need to get him out for smallies so any tips would be much appreciated. I struggle to find them 9e5baa2450e727d8ab8f121f85a259c3.jpg082708c63eaf11e1906ebf81c794a911.jpg2e8ef62b110f7a7f2d07083dfbbdbc86.pngBy the way, if you haven't fished the Senko rig for bass you're missing out!

• Like 4

I've got my nephew in this week from Mass. I told him if he comes out we will fish til we drop. He wanted to catch a trout on the fly, we handled that. Today we took the kayaks out for bass in a little pond and got 11 in just a couple hours. All small but still fun. I really need to get him out for smallies so any tips would be much appreciated. I struggle to find them 9e5baa2450e727d8ab8f121f85a259c3.jpg&key=81933a4441137af98603558ead6d168dbce8643005b891366366f6bcea7e4fd9082708c63eaf11e1906ebf81c794a911.jpg&key=cf9af46d0785b0cc4c748839ab6b5a452b520defb664afd9d13c0f6a817c5a722e8ef62b110f7a7f2d07083dfbbdbc86.png&key=607cd335c47254589ea3315695a4efe73bd247a6458d89904ccf288c76bb0755By the way, if you haven't fished the Senko rig for bass you're missing out!

Genesee river from Belmont to belfast is a good strech....clousers stripped on a fly rodmake for a awesome time

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Get your boat wet and fish south gap / north gap / water intakes/ bird island / Seneca Shoals is good now being a little deeper. Drop shot some crayfish , crawlers, chubs or 3" Gulp minnows.

This is the plan, although I doubt ill venture out to Seneca Shoals. Id be a little nervous in my boat

On 8/2/2017 at 10:30 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

By the way, if you haven't fished the Senko rig for bass you're missing out!

SShhhh..... C'mon, It's supposed to be kept a secret!

SENKO's will NOT catch fish!............................grin/wink

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

SShhhh..... C'mon, It's supposed to be kept a secret!

SENKO's will NOT catch fish!............................grin/wink

Not what you told Joel.  Nor do the many 4lb plus large mouth he caught since that advice agree.  lol

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Not what you told Joel.  Nor do the many 4lb plus large mouth he caught since that advice agree.  lol

Joel swore to secrecy!  And kept it quiet!  But not his Dad! Nooooooo! Just tell everyone!  

Again, SENKO's will not catch bass!   Just ask Joel.                      .....smile....                             

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, grampy said:

Joel swore to secrecy!  And kept it quiet!  But not his Dad! Nooooooo! Just tell everyone!  

Again, SENKO's will not catch bass!   Just ask Joel.                      .....smile....                             

And if you want to know the pattern and location of our biggest buck, just ask.  I can't keep a secret.

6 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

And if you want to know the pattern and location of our biggest buck, just ask.  I can't keep a secret.

Monroe County - East of Rochester - When I tagged you with my gps in Depew, I found out where you hunt.

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Monroe County - East of Rochester - When I tagged you with my gps in Depew, I found out where you hunt.

Scary - I live east of Rochester, but hunt S and SW.  That should be enough for you to close the deal.  Go get em Biz.  Don't use our treestands though Biz.  I wouldn't want you to feel guilty about cheating.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Scary - I live east of Rochester, but hunt S and SW.  That should be enough for you to close the deal.  Go get em Biz.  Don't use our treestands though Biz.  I wouldn't want you to feel guilty about cheating.

I thought you told me you only hunt the preserve at Turning Stone? lol