Is it too late to over-seed my lawn?

Core

I only learned of overseeding embarrassingly recently, and I know that's how people get truly badass yards. I want to do it only on my front yard. I know the normal time is spring and fall, but if I am willing to water religiously for the next two weeks (who are we kidding--it rains constantly anyway...), will the overseeding work okay? I was just going to grab a bag of seed, my lawn is freshly cut, then I'd rake it in and water. Will that even work?

Absolutely.  The key is water. I overseed lawns all summer as long as my client is willing to water the area properly. And there well doesn't go dry. Lol. 

Make sure the seed has good contact with the soil. Rake the area good and roll the area after seeding to ensure good seed to soil contact. Some starter fertlizer would be great too.  If you haven't applied any weed and feed type fertilizer recently, your good to go. If you have, the stronger fert may burn the seed. 

• Like 1