Busbice Poacher

BizCT

Never liked that guy. The only one of that family that seems alright is Matt. I've seen quite a few videos of him missing animals, so he's a really poor shot. All that trouble for a stupid 10 min portion of a 30 min episode. The funny part is that if he didn't have a camera rolling, he might of gotten away with it. Guess that camera is a double edged sword isn't ol billy boy.

Their products suck majorly too, glad I don't support this idiot by buying their stuff.

• Like 1

You read about so many of these TV hunter-heroes bending, breaking and smashing hunting laws in order to keep up demand for their shows every week. The pressure must be tremendous when you have to be successful every week and put on a show to make your living. I imagine that hunting takes on a whole different role. At one time or another we have all fantasized about turning our hunting activities into our source of income. But here is yet another story (of many) that shows the reality of such a career.

The other shame of all of this is that it makes us wonder about others in that profession whether they deserve that kind of thought or not. I will say that it makes you wonder what kinds of rules they push around to create that weekly show. Its always a case of spectacular weekly success or you become yesterday's news.

• Like 1

as I said in the psychology thread, here is an example of had true sportsmen not gotten involved and made the call this incident likely would of never been known about and thus he would of gotten away with it. by them getting involved as soon as they could the video had not been edited yet.

i feel his revocation should of been at least 2 years per animal at a minimum.  

Judge Zebre sentenced Mr. Busbice to 180 days of jail suspended, providing that he lead a law abiding life during one and a half years of unsupervised probation; he was sentenced to pay the maximum fines for both violations and the maximum in restitution for the illegal take of both elk for a total of $23,000.00; and had all of his game and fish license privileges revoked for two years to include all of 2017 and 2018. Because Wyoming is part of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact, this loss of his license privileges applies in 45 states, including his home state of Louisiana.

“There are many take-home messages from this event,” Baird said. “We are extremely grateful to the sportsmen that reported these violations. The successful prosecution of this case likely would not have happened without them.”

I have hunted with 2 different guides that took TV hunters out and would never do it again. Both said when they watched the hunt on TV it was all bullshit and lies about how it went down, how many yards the shot was, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Honestly, you have to be pretty naive to believe anything you see on a reality show. This is my business and while I've only seen snippets of the show I can assure you that there is nothing "real" about these self-promoting baboons. It's a common problem in outdoor shows with Bear Grylls being a good example. The guys behind Montana Wild were also busted last year for targetting and poaching bull trout. In one case, they released a protected bull trout with the hook still in its mouth so they could get the reeling in and netting shot again.  

Because these guys were doing for commercial purposes, the fines should have been much greater and the hunting ban more severe.

Where there's an audience for watching the biggest buck/trout/turkey stalked/caught/shot, you're going to have producers and talent breaking the rules and the law to get the shot.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, reeltime said:

i feel his revocation should of been at least 2 years per animal at a minimum.  

I believe both charges were for the calf (cow). The bull didn't yield any charges.

"pled guilty to charges of intentionally allowing an antlerless elk to go to waste and an additional charge of taking an elk without the proper license" 

Sounds to me like he shot at a bull in a running group and hit the cow(calf). Apparently he must be accustom to skipping the rules to suit him with his previous charges. 

Gut feelings are usually right.........I had that feeling as soon as I saw that blow hard, maybe 30 seconds of the show and I didn't like they guy.  Among many others would be that Pig Man guy.  The Fitzgerald family is another I can't stand to watch.

• Like 1

I have hunted with 2 different guides that took TV hunters out and would never do it again. Both said when they watched the hunt on TV it was all bullshit and lies about how it went down, how many yards the shot was, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a former guide that has taken tv shows out, what those guides told you is spot on. They edited in scenes from totally different states and everything. Even after they shot a buck, they had to film the guy using some of his sponsors products and then edited in to make it look like that's what brought the buck in. When in reality, we put him in a good spot and the buck walked in 30 mins after arrival.

The best part was one night while the tv guys were in, they received a package with tape from another "pro staffer" of a "elk hunt" in Canada. The tv guys put it on the big screen tv in the lodge and they let me watch the raw footage with them. The pro staffer was a teenage girl who's daddy has mega money and lots of connections. They were hunting a high fence elk ranch in Canada. It was hard to watch as they drove up to within 75 yards of a herd of about 100 elk with gigantic bulls only a high fence could produce all over the place. They even had number tags in their ears, it was that pathetic. The girl, her dad and two "guides" and a camera man get out of the truck and "stalk" as they called it up to 40 yards of this herd. They are all whispering and acting like they are stalking down dangerous game. The cameraman is even dropping the camera as low as he can so it kinda looked like they were sneaking through tall grass all stealthy like, when it reality the grass was barely waist high and they weren't even crouching. So they get up to 40 yards and the girl shoots this massive elk with a crossbow, and then erupts the cheering like she just scored the winning touchdown at the Super Bowl. It was probably one of the hardest things to ever have to watch. Even the main guy of the tv show who was with me was disgusted in it. He's like "come on with the tags in the ears, really!!!??" He was supposedly led to believe it was a legit elk hunt and didn't know it was gonna be like that. I don't think they ever aired the episode because it was that pathetic lol.
  • Like 2

How could anyone, possibly get any enjoyment from hunting, if you are always "under pressure" to perform? Most of the "hunting shows", these day are just that, shows. With about as much reality as Saturday morning cartoons. The poaching bum, should have lost his hunting privileges for life! As that is what hunting is, a privilege! And in my opinion, if you are caught poaching you should have the privilege taken away. As you obviously have no respect for hunting or the game pursued. Big thumbs up to the REAL hunters that turned the bum in!

• Like 1

I like deer and deer hunting and Drury Outdoors.  It's very educational.  If you saw the early seasons you would see how not every episode has a kill and how hard and frustrating hunting can be even on some of the most pristine hunting grounds.

Poachers really get me upset.  One of the worst things a hunter can do.  It seems these hosts will do just about anything to get good ratings and keep the money flowing in, such a shame.

Gut feelings are usually right.........I had that feeling as soon as I saw that blow hard, maybe 30 seconds of the show and I didn't like they guy.  Among many others would be that Pig Man guy.  The Fitzgerald family is another I can't stand to watch.

Back in the day Fitzgerald was the man though, we had to rent his videos from Nicks Sporting Goods lol. Now he shills as hard as the rest of them

Come on, the pig man is great !!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

playing devil's advocate.... knowing some TV pro(motional) staff hunters i can say it's tough and not all sunshine and rainbows.  experiences they get from traveling and hunting critters all over is something you're hard pressed to trade off for almost anything else.  they make things work around their own families and way they make a living.  at times it's down right brutal though.  your the guy/girl that everybody wants to hangout with all night at the camp fire, but if you don't get up in the AM and perform to put game on the ground AND on camera you'd be shipped down river.  seems half the time or more you let something walk, because there's not sufficient camera light or whatever.  maybe your alone on stand, stuffing camera batteries into your layers to warm them up enough film seconds of footage before the camera dies hoping you got your one opportunity on film.  rarely are things raw and not a bit staged.  how else are you going to get the whole story as clear and concise in just a half an hour and something that's enjoying to watch to boot?  there's lot of hunters out there filming outings just ready and waiting to fill your boots.  that said some are pretty established and well off to survive some bad PR. busbice family is one of them.  in this case it seems like bad judgement made after a possibly honest but careless mistake.  he should've took it on the chin and produced the screw up even with him calling to turn himself in.  public would've excepted it more despite thinking he was still a dumb#$%.  when in his situation though i'm sure it'd be a hard decision to make.  probably why you hear about the number you do trying to cover up screw ups.  easier said than done to except intentionally butchering your reputation on national tv.  glad NY is part of the Interstate Wildlife Violators Compact.