Worthwhile Gear You've Purchased

Seems fitting to start an opposing thread for good reviews of hunting gadgets. I have a knockoff Glens Deer Handle I got for $4 at Gander, that thing is awesome. And Carbon Express First Cut EXP broadheads from Walmart were my favorite head ever, $15 for three! I killed dozens of deer, two bears, and a few hogs and never had an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobbler lounger , camo strap on umbrella, butt out ( sorry for the haters) , stick blind , Field and Stream camo backpack ( used it now for 20 years ) , another nod to portable phone charger Have used all of these items a lot and have made hunting easier.

One of the best items I bought for hunting is a SLED . It made it much easier to drag a deer even if ther is no snow on the ground . There are holes along the sides so the deer can be tied in . Towing it behind the ATV is a breeze

I laughed when I first ever saw a Glen's Deer Drag . I had used a Deer Drag and had put a 5" piece of PVC for a handle . A few years later the Glen's Deer Drag came out .

IMG_0562.jpg

• Like 2

Best purchase in  a while. 

http://www.fieldandstreamshop.com/p/fenix-uc35-usb-rechargable-led-flashlight-15fnxufnxc35rchrgcac/15fnxufnxc35rchrgcac

https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-uc35-rechargeable-led-flashlight/

Rechargeable tactical flashlight. has 5 brightness settings. The bright is crazy bright. Mid range setting is more than enough to blood trail at night.  and it will run for 9 hours on a charge at that setting. lowest setting is good for 150 hours. It's on sale for $30 off now. Same sale price I picked it up for last year. 

GPS, Glow in the dark pin on compass.  Surefire flashlights and lithium bat. Waterproof case for the light bulb and batteries.  Waterproof camo rain gear and under armor.  Kwik Kamp canvas wall tent.  2 way radios where phones don't work.

Over my lifetime I have purchased quite a few worthwhile hunting items, there are some in my mind that really have served me well. The books and magazine writings of Jack O'Connor, my reloading equipment, some of it 50 years old and still cranking out tack driving ammo, buy good quality and it will last a lifetime. My favorite rifle a Ruger 77 220 Swift, when the crosshairs of that rifle center it is lights out! My Bear Super Kodiak recurve, again 50 years old working as it should and I still enjoy shooting. Good clothing such as Woolrich and LL Bean wool hunting outfits, a little heavy but nothing outperforms it. US mil spec poly underwear of different weights just to name a few.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

An affordable blind big enough for two.

Sis picked up one of these for us before spring turkey this year.

7' tall with room for both our gear bags, chairs, tripod, weapons, camera gear, and anything else we bring along.

It's nice being able to stand up straight to stretch your legs every once in a while and move around without being elbow to elbow.

With coupon codes and free shipping code I think she got it for $69. Huge upgrade from being cramped in my little pop up spring blinds in the same price range. Set up and take down is super simple too.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-oversized-ground-hunting-blind?a=1333037&SID=j4fp9wx9b20004m6012b1&CJ=1&cjaffilid=3747368&cjaffsite=VigLink&cjadv=CJTSGUSA&cjadvid=1522857&utm_source=VigLink&utm_medium=CJ&utm_campaign=Redirect-Enabled+Deep+Link

DSC_0002.JPG

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, wooly said:

An affordable blind big enough for two.

Sis picked up one of these for us before spring turkey this year.

7' tall with room for both our gear bags, chairs, tripod, weapons, camera gear, and anything else we bring along.

It's nice being able to stand up straight to stretch your legs every once in a while and move around without being elbow to elbow.

With coupon codes and free shipping code I think she got it for $69. Huge upgrade from being cramped in my little pop up spring blinds in the same price range. Set up and take down is super simple too.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-oversized-ground-hunting-blind?a=1333037&SID=j4fp9wx9b20004m6012b1&CJ=1&cjaffilid=3747368&cjaffsite=VigLink&cjadv=CJTSGUSA&cjadvid=1522857&utm_source=VigLink&utm_medium=CJ&utm_campaign=Redirect-Enabled+Deep+Link

DSC_0002.JPG

Wow! That would be perfect for my grandson and I for rainy days! The price is very good too.

• Like 1

One of the best purchase I have made is my tenzing upland vest. It has more room than my fanny pack but not bulky and uncomfortable like every back pack I have tried. A close second would be my silent predator wool. The stuff is 5 years old have walked an ungodly amount of miles in it and it still looks and feels like the day I bought it

Thermacell bug buster, artic shield cold weather gear, heated insoles, merino wool baselayers, 50mm Nikon scopes, range finder, ozonics, elite bow, Polaris ranger sXs , Kubota tractor.... Jeez. I'd rather stop there before my wife sees this !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2