Arrow wrapping

Big Indian

Does anyone here wrap their own arrows? Pros/cons of doing?  Would like some valuable input from anyone. I have seen many videos and I am sure I can do it, with some practice trial/error.

Does it do anything to the weight/flight etc?

Thanks, I look forward to everyone's opinion.

my trad arrows have a ton of weight up front so wraps add a little weight to the back end to offset so much front of center balance.  helps adhesion at times for vanes or fletches.  i've used the wraps with adhesive back (sticker like) and the shrink fletches with vanes on a wrap you dip into boiling water.  they all work.  that said i don't use wraps under vanes/fletches.  trad arrows and hunting arrows of mine have a thinner width C-EZ reflective wraps that form a band just in front of my vanes or fletches.  helps find my arrow.  biggest reason is nock ends of carbon arrows can develop cracks and a wrap can hide them or cover up the issue.  similar to broken strands of a string behind center serving on an old bow string.

I only buy bare shafts because the first thing I do is wrap them. Wraps are simple to put on (use a computer mousepad), look great and make finding arrows easier. If you're setup has enough weight forward already I don't think you'll see an effect from the wrap. With that said, if you put a wrap, heavy vanes and a lighted nock on the arrow you'll most likely notice a difference. Everyone's setup is different though. I'm all for wraps, never had a complaint about them. Installation, removal etc... I've done thousands of arrows in the past. What most people do a crappy job of is fletching the arrow afterwards is mostly what I've seen.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I brought a few and found some fell off when setting it and others on flight so I stopped using them.  (They where old!)  I found fletching them myself fun and rewarding so I do that now.  Lucky for me I don't loose to many from shooting as most of our targets are in good shape.  Most times I loose fletching from others hitting my arrow.  I also loved my camo arrows!  lol