Saratoga Lake

grampy

Heading up in the morning. Taking my neighbor from our lake property to renew my exclusive hunting rights, on his 75 acres. First time out for me this year, hopefully the repaired shoulder holds up!  Reports I'm getting, say the water is high and the bite has been off a bit. Anyone fished up there recently?  At least I won't be working!  And I know the laughs will be plentiful, even if the fish are not.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Good luck Grampy. 

Thanks buddy!   If I bomb out,  I'll have to call Joel for advice!

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Whatcha fishing for ? How ya fishing it ? Hope you catch a plethora of fish and test out that shoulder by reeling them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bass!  May hook a northern or two though.  Fishing mostly with jigs and 10" worms on the main lake humps and weedbeds . Some crank baits off the weed edges in 12 to 15 feet of water. Along with a spinnerbait here and there. And thank you too sir.

I'll post back here after the trip with a couple pic's. If no fish then, a couple old buds, laughing their butts off!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sbuff said:

I always seem to have good luck by the old kaydeross park area. Same for winter ice fishing . Wonder what the water temp is ?

Steve

Yes I've done good there many times. China town and the south shore from stonie point, to browns beach, has been good to me over the years too . High 60's is what I'm hearing for water temps. I'll know more tomorrow. 

We had a great day! Well over 20 bass boated in six hours. A couple decent ones mixed in. Just to be out on the water was awesome therapy!  My buddy Bill had me laughing till I cried.  He's quite the character. Icing shoulder now but it held up! 20170628_074405.jpg20170628_102033.jpg20170628_084754.jpg20170628_093101.jpg20170628_134443.jpg20170628_134502.jpg

• Like 10

42 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Looks like a good day on the water. I live 10 minutes from Saratoga lake and haven't fished it in 15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of these times we have to meet up! The Rusty Nail on Rt. 9 has good wings!

On Wednesday, we did fish the north side of snake hill for a short time, to get out of the stiff wind on the main lake. Did pick up a couple there, but everyone fishes there and that area gets pounded. Most all our fishing was done on main lake deep weedlines and edges, in 12 to 15 feet. Using half ounce black and blue jigs and assorted colors of Senko's, rigged texas and wacky, on quarter ounce jig heads. Did try shallower in the thicker weeds but in the stiff wind, it made boat control difficult, to pitch the holes with jigs. They are doing extensive weed harvesting on the lake this year. But the weed harvester leaves lines of weeds, that the bigger fish are setting up on, close to deeper water of 18 to 22 feet. Right now that is the best bass pattern I found in two days of fishing up there for fish in the three pound plus range. In about twelve hours fishing, over two days, we put over fifty bass in the boat, on this pattern. We also picked up a few pike, the largest at about 28 inches.

• Like 2