The new Colt Cobra

I put down a deposit weeks ago and I'm chomping at the bit to get it. The gun shop owner told me that they only manufacture 200 per week. Looking back , I wish I had purchased a Colt years ago when I had the chance. There's something about the serpent series that I love. Anyone own a Colt Python , Diamondback , Cobra , Anaconda , King Cobra , Boa or Viper ?Cobra_450w.png

• Like 2

A buddy of mine has a minty Python, 6" bbl. high lustre blue...

He bought it for $300 back in the early 1980s.

I am a great admirer of the older Colt double action revolvers, but I have never owned one.

All of my revolvers have been Smiths, except one Dan Wesson...

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

A buddy of mine has a minty Python, 6" bbl. high lustre blue...

He bought it for $300 back in the early 1980s.

I am a great admirer of the older Colt double action revolvers, but I have never owned one.

All of my revolvers have been Smiths, except one Dan Wesson...

I've wanted a Python or Anaconda since I shot my buddy's years ago. Just could never pony up the coin. He had both in  stainless. The Python was 6" and I believe the Anaconda was as well. 

Dan, those Dan Wessons were nothing to sneeze at. Owning a Dan Wesson pistol pack is on my bucket list. Hard to beat those tensioned barrels. 

• Like 1

I wish I could get back every gun I've ever owned. I worked for a gunsmith for two years and bought a lot of 'em. Most have been sold over the years.

I witnessed a shooting on the street right next to my house in Buffalo in the 90's. I was called into the PD headquarters to give a statement, and I couldn't identify the perp, but I absolutely nailed the make and model of the firearm he was using. ;-] The lady detective was very impressed. She was 6 inches taller than me, but we got to be friends.

• Like 1

In my younger days I wheeled and dealed with quite a few handguns, decided to move away from and cut down of my ownership of them because they are much harder to sell and trade because of the permit laws we have here in NY. Dealers have you by the short hairs, and permit holders are limited in numbers to deal with.

Anyhow I once had a blue 2 1/2 inch Python and a 6 inch nickel plated model, I have always considered those Colt Pythons to be the Rolls Royce of wheel guns. Smoothest actions out of the box, light crisp triggers both double and single action, impeccable fit and finish along with tack driving accuracy.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Mine is model 60. 2.125" barrel to be exact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok Biz....I thought in your picture that the frame looked one size bigger..

My ex-wife has an M60 in .38+P  with a 3" bbl. and adjustable sights..It  is a very accurate handgun, and I carried it while bowhunting for elk  in the Gila Wilderness for elk in 1995...Great little handgun..

• Like 1