Goals for 2017 deer season

Swamp_bucks

I know its still a little bit away but what goals do you have for the season? Hunt with a certain friend/family, spot, new state, new gun, certain buck?

1) help daughter get her first

2)friend was in serious accident hoping hes healthy enough we can get him out this year.

3)Ide like to be able to get 2 bucks any size in a year, never was able to get one during bow and gun in same year.

• Like 4

1) Give God thanks and all of the credit for allowing me to cleanly kill enough deer to provide my family with enough meat to last until the 2018 season.  We are going to have a tough time eating all the vacuum-sealed venison in the freezer that He blessed us with last season, so two average-sized deer will probably be enough this fall.

2) Practice sufficiently and select shots such that every one gets the job done and minimizes meat-damage.

3) Fill a DMP tag with a mature doe and donate it to a "feed the hungry" program thru a local processor.

4) Help a friend from work get his first antlered buck with his crossbow.  

5) Help someone recover a poorly hit deer using the blood-glow tracking agent that I purchased a few years ago.   I have heard great things about this stuff and would like to see it work.   Every deer I have shot at since having it has dropped dead in it's tracks or close enough to hear crash, so I have not had a chance to try it.

6) Kill a 2-1/2 yr old or older Adirondack buck while still hunting with my new lever action rifle using open sights. 

7) Kill an antlered buck during the late ML season.

#1 See my 13 year old grandson, kill his first deer!

#2 Shoot a deer with my bow, after shoulder surgery in May.

#3 Shoot a deer with my new to me Sako 85 Classic in 270.

#4 Enjoy every second that I'm out there.

• Like 8

#1-Have fun and enjoy every last second I can in the woods

#2-Get that big buck that's been walking around my grandparents property or at least get some trail cam pics of them

#3-Try to get at least 3 deer this year so I can smoke one and turn another into sausage and dried sausage

#4-Call in another buck this year

#5-Get a coyote

Ultimate goal will be taking a big mature buck during bow but I'll be happy just to see a good one to know he's around.

Mostly looking forward to enjoy long sits over this new food plot I'm working on right now. It will be my biggest and best yet. A lot of work going into it so it will be nice to see it full of greenery and deer feeding in it.

Hoping to either buy a box blind, or might end up building one on this new food plot so I can take my two little boys out with me during gun season. Waiting on our yearly bonuses from work to see if I'll buy or build haha.

Enjoy every minute out there like I do every fall. Watching the sun rise and set and seeing Mother Nature in all her glory is the best feeling in the world at 20ft up a tree.

- get my dad back out there.  
- assuming she commits to getting prepared for it, get my wife her first deer (it'll have to be a bow because she only wants to hunt with that.)
- take my daughter out to "hunt" deer.  she's only 3 so it's pretty much an observation with binos type of sit.

...aside from that i'd like to fill as many tags as i can with my trad bow.  when push comes to shove though i'll probably tote something more effective when i get on any of the 4+ yr old bucks i think will be around.

• Like 1

I have a few this year

1 - Help my daughter get her first deer

2 - Not injure myself and hunt the whole season

3 - Fill the freezer

4 - Get back after the buck Ive been chasing for a few years, Waldo. Hopefully this will be the year he slips up and turns another close encounter into a gut pile and a drag!

• Like 4