Goals for 2017 deer season

Swamp_bucks

My goal doesn't change from year to year.  It is to spend as much time as possible in the woods during the transition period between "summer" and "winter". It is the nicest and prettiest time of year for me. If I shoot a deer ok... if not...there is always gun season.

One I might add this year is to stay tick free. Hopefully they will all drown or wash away.  :yes:

• Like 1

Same as always... Enjoy the time in the woods, and make some memories with dad. get some bucks on the hitlist and kill one, enjoy the encounters with all the critters, get a doe or two for hotdogs/pepperoni sticks.repeat

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Seems like most have their goals pretty well set. Best of luck to eveyone in trying to accomplish them.  

Had one more to add for myself i have a big doe, never has a fawn with it i call her black stripe( she has a 2 inch wide black mark from back of her head to her tail) we've had numerous encounters and she has one all including when she ducked my arrow 2 years ago. She makes it through this season i'm giving her a pass from here on out.

I will be satisfied as long as I can still get up our killer-hill. Each year the pace is slower and slower, and the ATV gets to be more and more an item of necessity.......lol. So this year my goal is to get A deer. No need for ego-building and being concerned about with point counts and measurements. I am after a bit of venison to add to my diet, and the strength to bring it home. A modest set of goals indeed, but as each year passes, it takes less and less to satisfy me. I just want to participate one more year and enjoy the excitement of the chase and continue to add to a long list of great hunting memories and experiences.

• Like 1

1. Harvest any deer in my first ever food plot
2. Help my hunting partner@jmp5008 get his first deer with a bow
3. Have either jmp or I shoot the wall hanger that we had on camera and saw a few times last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1)  With the new job, and the recent promotion in that job, find time to get out in the woods.  Already planning the rest of my vacation days for the task.

2)  Be there when my son shoots his first deer.

3)  Fill at least one tag for myself so I can use my late grandmothers venison stew recipe and make memorable meal for my grandfather... the special person that taught me to hunt.

4)  Make sure everyone I hunt with comes home safe, happy and healthy. 

• Like 2