word of warning

growalot

Culver..this had been there for years it was incorporated into the top layer of soil.. Now You know  that certain hazmat training has been done and certain knowledge has been acquired by Mr B ..He knew exactly what he was doing with what he saw in that disgusting mess. He knows soils as well as I, it's the nature of the business...yes land fills are different. The official we spoke with understood the situation so between the two I have no concerns of any dire consequences from things buried that had already been leach for years..This was a farm family...I people do not know that farms have been buring their garbage for centries and still do then we have some clueless people out there..Though admittedly I believe much of what was there was from the kids that left home and live near by.

Now I down loaded a pdf file admittedly from Texas that out lines the requirements for....PRIVATE land fills I am sure there are probably more out there. It is actual common place for many large land owners and farmers across the country and it has government rules backing it... Which are pretty simple.

http://www.tceq.texas.gov/publications/rg/rg-455.html/at_download/file

1 hour ago, growalot said:

Belo your as transparent as a good pair of optics....I would garner a guess you spent a good deal of time tying to find one and could not. That or yes ,you did find they were within the time frame I mentioned, not when this happened.

BTW speaking of turning ppl in, like I have even a minute concern about that. I will  however contact the monitors if you and Doewhacker come into call me a liar or derail one of my posts again...

This post started out as a good reminder of how ones actions or in actions can harm wildlife and that was lost through out this BS. Though let me point out 8 ft deep animals aren't going to be getting injured. I have no concerns nor would I EVER care about what the likes of people like you think of me. I would put out a pretty good guess, that neither does anyone else.

Calling some one a liar is not against any forum rule. If you don't like it, don't lie. Or better yet, don't post up threads about burying trash.

I still can't get over you stood there looking at a "land fills worth" of garbage and decided burying it was a great solution. 

"Oh there was no law against it", great claim that is impossible to prove one way or the other by the way. 

Bet you won't contact the authorities on your self and tell them what you did and ask them what you should have done. Look up what GE and other companies have had to do as far as cleaning things up that were once legal to dump. 

Threads like this and many many others that you chime in on are why you are blocked by a good number of members here. Always quick to throw something out and play the victim. Kinda like the recent thread you called out Treeguy then said you weren't calling him out. Weak. 

I have no time for polluters like you. Sad. 

• Like 1

Do you think your hurting my feelings ..I wish to hell you'd block me! I didn't chime in on this thread I made it and you ,the troll that you are, was the one that chimed in, and talk about exaggerate!. Again I NEVER lied and you are a contemptible little person that really needs to pull up his big boy pants and grow up....JMPO

"Oh there was no law against it", great claim that is impossible to prove one way or the other by the way. 

BTW... do you have any clue as to how absolutely ridiculous that above statement is? Or do you honestly believe the people reading this are as dumb as you appear to think they are?:mda: You were given some good advise by another member you should think about taking it.

17 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Calling some one a liar is not against any forum rule. If you don't like it, don't lie. Or better yet, don't post up threads about burying trash.

I still can't get over you stood there looking at a "land fills worth" of garbage and decided burying it was a great solution. 

Bet you won't contact the authorities on your self and tell them what you did and ask them what you should have done. Look up what GE and other companies have had to do as far as cleaning things up that were once legal to dump. 

Threads like this and many many others that you chime in on are why you are blocked by a good number of members here. Always quick to throw something out and play the victim. Kinda like the recent thread you called out Treeguy then said you weren't calling him out. Weak. 

I have no time for polluters like you. Sad. 

Well if she is blocked by so many why do you keep chirping in?  Its all in the wording what farmers can and cant do....   Oh Crap...There's a Yote! Be Right Back!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, growalot said:

Do you think your hurting my feelings ..I wish to hell you'd block me! I didn't chime in on this thread I made it and you ,the troll that you are, was the one that chimed in, and talk about exaggerate!. Again I NEVER lied and you are a contemptible little person that really needs to pull up his big boy pants and grow up....JMPO

BTW... do you have any clue as to how absolutely ridiculous that above statement is? Or do you honestly believe the people reading this are as dumb as you appear to think they are?:mda: You were given some good advise by another member you should think about taking it.

You said the DEC does not regulate burying of trash, that is 100% a lie. 

You said it isn't against the law, again a lie. 

Then you spun it into "well it wasn't then" to try and cover your back. Which is a claim that can't exactly be checked out unless of course some one was to look into state and federal laws from what ever secret time period you did what you did. 

If you hadn't gone off on your typical tangent of nonsense this wouldn't even be a thread. But no you choose to argue about everything and turn out looking like a fool instead. 

Now im betting you'll squeeze a few more replies about how I'm a troll and every one else agrees with you and it's legal in Texas and blah blah blah. 

If you'll excuse me I'm going to go write Bushnell a letter about their trail cam design flaws. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

Well if she is blocked by so many why do you keep chirping in?  Its all in the wording what farmers can and cant do....   Oh Crap...There's a Yote! Be Right Back!

Same reason I reply to you, it's fun to make others realize you're full of it. 

Edited by Doewhacker

You must really have gotten those little knickers in a bunch, for you need to choose one of these little ditties from your own mouth..Oh you have twisted several things and just plain made up things I supposedly said ,then call me a liar.

Doewhacker this is the real problem that's happening here. You may get away with these little tactic's with others and in your mind win something because they eventually back down. I will not back down from a little bully and believe me, you don't even make to the big bully class in my eyes. So your on the verge of wild, your postings clearly show this.  Give your self a needed time out and take a breath.

"Oh there was no law against it", great claim that is impossible to prove one way or the other by the way

You said the DEC does not regulate burying of trash, that is 100% a lie. 

You said it isn't against the law, again a lie. 

For most of history, every farm had a dump on their property. Every outhouse had all kinds of things dumped in the pit and eventually buried after they dug a new pit and moved the outhouse a little ways. Some of the property dumps had centuries of house hold trash and were huge. We had one such dump on our old farm that had remnants of old ladies leather high button shoes, and old collectable bottles and insulators along with every kind of thrown away household and farm items that could ever be produced on a 13 room house and farmstead. There was no way that the contents of this huge dump could ever be policed up and transported to the county landfill. The cost would have been too high. And so the eyesore remained there for many more decades exposed to the air and view. Far better if we had called in a dozer or an excavator and buried the whole thing. But we didn't. It was contained in an old gravel pit out of sight and way away from the home-site and out-buildings and any yards. When the farm was sold, the new owner did bulldoze gravel over the mess, and no one worried much about it. It is still up there today covered and likely will not be disturbed ever. I think it is far better to be buried many feet underground than still laying there exposed to every living thing that passes by. My feeling is that Grow basically had two choices which boiled down to leave the pollution there exposed to the above ground environment, or bury it. I can't say that I would have made any different choice.

• Like 1

Thanks Doc and FSW...I was wondering if anyone that understands the real world and country properties would chime in.I appreciate that you did.

Didn't know there was any other way. Many that don't have farms have no clue! Let's just say all rules do not apply to everyone. From dumping to controlled burns. 

• Like 1

eewww... controlled burns...Not here they arrested a local farmer several times...had a stand off the year he committed suicide after. ...I felt bad for the guy, he had a real ax to grind about that little field around his pond. But then again...I watched an out of control brush fire move so fast across a field it scared me to death...dang near took out the fire truck...fire is it's own master on windy hills

PS Grant Woods would have a fit in NYS...lol and that farmer...never had his little filed out of control...The brush fire I watched was from a burning barrel...that was a fine ! I think.

Edited by growalot

On 6/30/2017 at 1:05 PM, growalot said:

Belo your as transparent as a good pair of optics....I would garner a guess you spent a good deal of time tying to find one and could not. That or yes ,you did find they were within the time frame I mentioned, not when this happened.

BTW speaking of turning ppl in, like I have even a minute concern about that. I will  however contact the monitors if you and Doewhacker come into call me a liar or derail one of my posts again...

This post started out as a good reminder of how ones actions or in actions can harm wildlife and that was lost through out this BS. Though let me point out 8 ft deep animals aren't going to be getting injured. I have no concerns nor would I EVER care about what the likes of people like you think of me. I would put out a pretty good guess, that neither does anyone else.

you're going to contact monitors? who are monitors? do you mean moderators? what did we do wrong? PS you're showing your ignorance with the belief that burying something 8' deep is harmless to animals. You clearly do not understand the groundwater table.

I spent no time on this debate with you. As i mentioned i've been trained in federal and state regs. I have them saved in my favorites. Furthermore a degree in engineering that you shouldn't need that explains how groundwater works.

On 6/30/2017 at 1:45 PM, helmut in the bush said:

Don't they bury garbage at the landfills? I have no dog in this fight, I don't care!!! Grow did what they had to do to clean up a mess that someone left them

On 6/30/2017 at 1:05 PM, growalot said:

That's the point. Landfills are permitted and constructed for solid waste, and even then they leak. The point in this "fight" is that grow did what she thought she had to do, when in fact she did the wrong thing. When you buy property, you buy the mess. It was only her mess because she purchased the land. Nobody forced her to do it.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2017 at 3:27 PM, Four Season Whitetails said:

Or have other prove your a schmuck.  When you become entitled a farmer you may learn something. Chirp,Chirp Chirp is all we hear.

I don't fully understand what you just wrote, but I feel compelled to address the comment that both you and grow have now made about farmers. Being a farmer and burying trash, burning it, dumping pesticides without a permit etc. is common yes. You both know that it doesn't make it right or legal right? Farmers get a pass by many authorities because they're a dying breed and it's much easier to go after corporations than a lonely farmer for pollution. But again, i promise you that the oil pit Farmer john has been using for decades isn't legal. Even if it isn't enforced. Just like the 100 threads grow starts about people sharing tags in her neck of the woods. Not legal, not enforced. Very different.

On 6/30/2017 at 3:55 PM, Doc said:

For most of history, every farm had a dump on their property. Every outhouse had all kinds of things dumped in the pit and eventually buried after they dug a new pit and moved the outhouse a little ways. Some of the property dumps had centuries of house hold trash and were huge. We had one such dump on our old farm that had remnants of old ladies leather high button shoes, and old collectable bottles and insulators along with every kind of thrown away household and farm items that could ever be produced on a 13 room house and farmstead. There was no way that the contents of this huge dump could ever be policed up and transported to the county landfill. The cost would have been too high. And so the eyesore remained there for many more decades exposed to the air and view. Far better if we had called in a dozer or an excavator and buried the whole thing. But we didn't. It was contained in an old gravel pit out of sight and way away from the home-site and out-buildings and any yards. When the farm was sold, the new owner did bulldoze gravel over the mess, and no one worried much about it. It is still up there today covered and likely will not be disturbed ever. I think it is far better to be buried many feet underground than still laying there exposed to every living thing that passes by. My feeling is that Grow basically had two choices which boiled down to leave the pollution there exposed to the above ground environment, or bury it. I can't say that I would have made any different choice.

On 6/30/2017 at 4:41 PM, growalot said:

Thanks Doc and FSW...I was wondering if anyone that understands the real world and country properties would chime in.I appreciate that you did.

The 3rd choice is to not buy the property. The 4th is to excavate it. Her choice she made was for financial reasons, not the betterment of the environment. Can we at least agree to that? Probably not as grow is citing texas law and still believes the link to the NYS law doesn't apply to her.

On 6/30/2017 at 6:14 PM, Four Season Whitetails said:

Didn't know there was any other way. Many that don't have farms have no clue! Let's just say all rules do not apply to everyone. From dumping to controlled burns. 

My bestfriends dad was a farmer. I farmed with them. I get it. I'm simply trying to explain to you that what is accepted doesn't mean it's legal. I pointed the whole site to the regulations where it states it's illegal. If you can show me the regulation where it says that it's ok for farmers i'll backoff. I know you understand how laws and regulations work in your field. If it's not written down, it doesn't matter. 

BTW, this same farmer would jack deer all summer without permits while sitting on his tractor. He had very justifiable reasons for doing it. But does that mean it was legal? He didn't have dmap's.

:rolleyes:

(b) Exemptions.
The solid waste management facilities identified in this subdivision that do not manage used oil are exempt from this Part:
(1) Disposal areas located within the property boundaries of a single family residence or farm for solid waste generated from that residence or farm.
(2) Disposal areas for waste pesticides by the farmer who used them if the farmer complies with sections 325.4 and 325.5 of this Title.
(3) Disposal areas located within the property boundaries of a farm for crop residuals, animal and aquacultural manure, animal and aquacultural carcasses and parts generated from a farm and other similar solid waste generated by farm activities.

Now so people know exactly where that came from here is the link,,Again you where posting for FACILITIES not private or farm  and these all post date what accurred.  So read and go have another little fit...

https://govt.westlaw.com/nycrr/Document/I4eaaa133cd1711dda432a117e6e0f345?viewType=FullText&originationContext=documenttoc&transitionType=CategoryPageItem&contextData=(sc.Default)

3 hours ago, Belo said:

The 3rd choice is to not buy the property. The 4th is to excavate it. Her choice she made was for financial reasons, not the betterment of the environment. Can we at least agree to that? Probably not as grow is citing texas law and still believes the link to the NYS law doesn't apply to her.

I missed the part about this all being a condition of purchase. So if that was the case, then that was another choice.

Basically I thought her solution was for the betterment of the environment. She had a mess and decided to clean it up by burying it. It all sounds reasonable to me. Was it barrels of toxic waste?.....Probably not.

I haven't the slightest idea whether the solution was according to the letter of the law, and as a matter of fact given the same circumstances, I probably would have used the same solution and never questioned it any further.

• Like 1

Belo you still believe  no one reads my posts...yes that one was Texas law I posted ,many  posts ago ...just to show that this is done legally across the country. Now my last post is NY  state and CLEARLY SHOWS IT TO BE  in that link. Ya know,you've made it clear you dislike me,but you've taken it to a level that shows just what a petty little boy you are. To what end? Do you really think the people give a tinkers damn what your opinion of me is? I'm thinking they care about as much as I do.l

Edited by growalot

Belo you still believe  no one reads my posts...yes that one was Texas law I posted ,many  posts ago ...just to show that this is done legally across the country. Now my last post is NY  state and CLEARLY SHOWS IT TO BE  in that link. Ya know,you've made it clear you dislike me,but you've taken it to a level that shows just what a petty little boy you are. To what end? Do you really think the people give a tinkers damn what your opinion of me is? I'm thinking they care about as much as I do.l

My great uncle dumped stuff into a dump out back on his farm all the time, as well as other farmers. Just disposing of unwanted stuff....recycled/ reused what could be used and dumped the rest. No big deal back then. Unfortunately, spitting on the sidewalk gets people riled up nowadays.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, growalot said:

:rolleyes:

Now so people know exactly where that came from here is the link,,Again you where posting for FACILITIES not private or farm  and these all post date what accurred.  So read and go have another little fit...

https://govt.westlaw.com/nycrr/Document/I4eaaa133cd1711dda432a117e6e0f345?viewType=FullText&originationContext=documenttoc&transitionType=CategoryPageItem&contextData=(sc.Default)

You're not as clever as you think you are. 360-1.7 is a subpart of solid waste management facilities 360. Nothing in there applies to you or your situation. It is specifically in regards to permitting of a landfill. So the exemption clause is in regards to permitted landfills.

The solid waste management facilities identified in this subdivision that do not manage used oil are exempt from this Part:

You are not a management facility because you cannot pass the first part of the legislation where it states it's illegal to bury garbage unless you are a solid waste management facility. Which we know you are not. This section is simply saying that any landfills on private land are exempt from the 1.7 regs. Not that they're exempt from the whole process. 

Trust me, regulations are ridiculous to read and understand. that's why we pay lawyers. 

there's some grandfathering here, but here's another for your farmers

(2) Prohibited siting.
(i) Agricultural land. The department shall not issue a permit for a new solid waste management facility or a lateral expansion of an existing one if the land upon which that facility or lateral expansion is to be located, was, or is proposed to be, taken through the exercise of eminent domain; consists predominantly of agricultural soil group 1 or 2 (Land Classification System as certified by the New York State Commissioner of Agriculture and Markets); and is within an agricultural district formed pursuant to the Agriculture and Markets Law. The department shall not issue a permit for a new solid waste management facility or a lateral expansion of an existing one within an agricultural district unless compliance with the requirements of section 305 of the Agriculture and Markets Law has been demonstrated.

14 hours ago, Merlot said:

My great uncle dumped stuff into a dump out back on his farm all the time, as well as other farmers. Just disposing of unwanted stuff....recycled/ reused what could be used and dumped the rest. No big deal back then. Unfortunately, spitting on the sidewalk gets people riled up nowadays.

and it was probably legal back then. No debate. Doesnt make it right. GE dumped pcb's into the Hudson, allied signal polluted Onondaga lake, hooker chemical buried waste that resulted in love canal. All legal. You ok with these things now? Are you ok with the fact that they close beaches and limit the number of fish you should eat from the great lakes? 

yes it gets me riled up, because if there is any group out there that should be advocating for the environment it should be us. Except we're often very hypocritical and in some case the worst offenders. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2017 at 2:44 PM, growalot said:

Culver..this had been there for years it was incorporated into the top layer of soil.. Now You know  that certain hazmat training has been done and certain knowledge has been acquired by Mr B ..He knew exactly what he was doing with what he saw in that disgusting mess. He knows soils as well as I, it's the nature of the business...yes land fills are different. The official we spoke with understood the situation so between the two I have no concerns of any dire consequences from things buried that had already been leach for years..This was a farm family...I people do not know that farms have been buring their garbage for centries and still do then we have some clueless people out there..Though admittedly I believe much of what was there was from the kids that left home and live near by.

Now I down loaded a pdf file admittedly from Texas that out lines the requirements for....PRIVATE land fills I am sure there are probably more out there. It is actual common place for many large land owners and farmers across the country and it has government rules backing it... Which are pretty simple.

http://www.tceq.texas.gov/publications/rg/rg-455.html/at_download/file

I get it Grow. I was commenting to the other comments that actual landfills were burying trash as well. I was just pointing out how that is managed differently than a private bury site. 

• Like 1