Herion OD's

Nomad

I've heard that some people ODing are upset when they have been given narcan, kinda ruins their buzz.

I never heard anything about how good the buzz is, or if you try it you'll get to hook up with 40 virgins, I don't get it. I remember in the clubs back in the eighties, all the girls liked the coke, if you didn't have it, you weren't hookin up, NO TOOT, NO ROOT

• Like 1

When did a 12pack and a bag of weed stop being a great night? Granted I have grown up and haven't spoked pot in a lot of years but what the hell?? I'm not that old but I just can't wrap my head around the heroin and meth BS.

You go to a party and some guys are smoking pot and ask you if you want to try some, they all are having a good time "sure why not." You're at a party and a dudes in the corner hunched over because it feels like his guys are getting ripped out and he's in and out of consciousness and he offers you his syringe, how in the F do say "yea you look like you're having a blast I'll try some of that!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

7 hours ago, wolc123 said:

There are lots of lost folks like you out there.  Don't worry about it too much because there is room for everyone in His kingdom.  Fortunately we live in a country that still identifies as 75% Christian.  There may or may not be other cures for drug addiction but many folks have found that this one really does work.   

I'm far from lost my friend.If That is what works for you-Great but I have had way too many people that I have known that have tried to fool everyone with their holy roller born again bullshit.

Playing the Jesus/bible card when it suits you or the situation and then doing a complete 180 from that when that persons "church friends" are not around tells me one thing.........they are lying two faced fools who are only kidding themselves.Reading a book and trying to convince everyone that will listen that you are saved does not mean the Leopard can change his spots.

Preaching the bible one day and then torching up crack rocks the next is not in the bible as far as I know.I don't think handing out Jesus pamphlets during the day and getting pie eyed drunk that evening is either.How about praising the good lord as your savior and then getting stoned in the company truck as soon as you leave the shop in the morning heading out on the road?

If I understand this whole God thing correctly I would imagine he can see all this stuff from his Kingdom..........I probably won't wind up there so I may not get a chance to ask him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vinny Tagalucci said:

OK.I'll bite..........why do you ask?

If you do or if you ever do, would you have any sympathy for them if they got hooked on drugs ?  

Also, thanks for "bumping" Jesus back up again. That is always a sure fire way to get a "like" out of me.  You sure can't have too much of Him when people are looking for answers to the drug epidemic.   He is the "secret weapon" that can help folks kick that habit.    

16 minutes ago, Vinny Tagalucci said:

OK.I'll bite..........why do you ask?

Because no matter how strict you are, how great of an example you are, how involved you think you are in your kids' lives...anyone's kid can become a junkie. I personally know 5 people I grew up with, all but one are fully functional, non-drug using, social drinkers at best, good parents....whose kids have died from heroin overdoses in the last 3 or 4 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Nicky said:

Because no matter how strict you are, how great of an example you are, how involved you think you are in your kids' lives...anyone's kid can become a junkie. I personally know 5 people I grew up with, all but one are fully functional, non-drug using, social drinkers at best, good parents....whose kids have died from heroin overdoses in the last 3 or 4 years. 

First time they used dope?

If not how did they start?

Did the parents shelter them from the outside world up until the time that they over dosed?

In todays world it is IMPOSSIBLE for someone not to know that drugs are bad and if you make a choice to try heroin there is a very good chance you will die.

A simple question to ask any drug user: Prior to using heroin or taking a pain pill- were you aware that you could become addicted to the drug? 

How many of those users do you think will say no?

Just about everyone that I grew up with is either dead or wish they were due to drugs or alcohol.One of my closest fishing buddies now stands on a corner at a Highway intersection with a cardboard sign looking for handouts.

Last time I saw another good friend before he died with blood coming out of every orifice-he was curled up sleeping in a department store doorway trying to keep warm.My upbringing was worse then they could ever imagine........I want for nothing and run a very succesful business.Does that mean I'm special...........not a chance.

I have come across other people from my youth that have wondered out loud how I am not dead or in Jail.

I like  to think it's because I know right from wrong and realized that when the next step was sticking a needle in my arm it was time to say OK-time to grow up and put this crap in the past.

Dying from a drug over dose is a choice.If you choose not to try a highly addictive drug in the first place you can not become addicted with the strong potential of death.It really is that simple.

• Like 1

I have zero sympathy for a drug addict.

Unless a person has the brain capacity of a squirrel they know the repurcussions from using drugs including pain pills and the like.

I also think it is a lame excuse that someone became hooked unknowingly while using prescription pain medication........again they knew what could happen prior to starting the medication.Sure some people use a prescription and stop the medication once the pain subsides but a lot more continue to take the medication because they can't deal with reality and prefer to live in euphoria while under the influence of drugs.Then their family and loved ones blame everyone under the sun for the loss of life.

It's a simple concept..........if you don't want to get hooked don't start in the first place.

Too many people in todays world that do not want to take responsibility for their actions.

Unfortunately good people get hooked on illicit drugs and its not always because they are looking for a thrill.  There are plenty of cases where the person was prescribed pain medication and because of diminished effects after prolonged use the user needed to find something else to ease the pain.  I do not condone any type of illegal drug use and all I am pointing out is that there are good people that have become addicted with no other intention then they were looking to ease the pain.  Overdose deaths have become an epidemic in NY and someone I know that is directly involved with these types of death told me that we all will be affected by this one way or another.    

Edited by BigGuyNY
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vinny Tagalucci said:

First time they used dope?

If not how did they start?

Did the parents shelter them from the outside world up until the time that they over dosed?

In todays world it is IMPOSSIBLE for someone not to know that drugs are bad and if you make a choice to try heroin there is a very good chance you will die.

A simple question to ask any drug user: Prior to using heroin or taking a pain pill- were you aware that you could become addicted to the drug? 

How many of those users do you think will say no?

Just about everyone that I grew up with is either dead or wish they were due to drugs or alcohol.One of my closest fishing buddies now stands on a corner at a Highway intersection with a cardboard sign looking for handouts.

Last time I saw another good friend before he died with blood coming out of every orifice-he was curled up sleeping in a department store doorway trying to keep warm.My upbringing was worse then they could ever imagine........I want for nothing and run a very succesful business.Does that mean I'm special...........not a chance.

I have come across other people from my youth that have wondered out loud how I am not dead or in Jail.

I like  to think it's because I know right from wrong and realized that when the next step was sticking a needle in my arm it was time to say OK-time to grow up and put this crap in the past.

Dying from a drug over dose is a choice.If you choose not to try a highly addictive drug in the first place you can not become addicted with the strong potential of death.It really is that simple.

All true. But, I would venture to bet if this hit closer to home for you, and you thought there was still a chance that the relative or child could get turned around (and yes it DOES happen), you would feel differently than "to hell with em, let them die this time, it's costing the taxpayers too much".

• Like 1

So,last night there were 5 ODs that Im aware of, one fatal. I caught a day overtime today and at 08:30 we went for another, she was dead. This in the same building as the fatal the night before .

As mentioned earlier people,are RX pain pills get hooked on them , but when the RX runs out the pills are $50 each on the street, and herioin is cheaper.

I know doesn't make sense to me either but that's what they turn to. Mrs. 302 was given 50 OxyContin or something after her hip replacement .. She took maybe a few in the beginning .

I have been RX'd Vicodin before and to be honest I liked them, only took a few when needed , but I can see how some get hooked on them .

Yea some are pissed when we narcan them and cancell their high, many don't want to even go to the hospital even when you tell they they were basically dead, with some one doing CPR when we rolled up . Fortunately my guys are all 6 footers plus and there are often 2-4 cops there as well , so they often  decide to cooperate .

One time both parents shot up one OD'd they had little kids running around the apartment , the cops were pissed one of my guys was laying into,them pretty good and stared kicking things... I had to send him outside .

Edited by Larry302

Drug overdoses are no joke, but this epedimic isn't new. It's just being more widely broadcast in main stream media these days
There are reasons why the "War on drugs" isn't working, and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

As for this wall BS, if you think a wall on the Mexican border is going to keep drugs out of the US, you must be on drugs. Most ilegeal drugs are flown in. Meth? Start paying attention! Most of that crap is made here and distributed here.
Not sure of the intention of that new show "Snowfall", but a TV series about the beginnings of crack doesn't come across well in my book.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

When did a 12pack and a bag of weed stop being a great night? Granted I have grown up and haven't spoked pot in a lot of years but what the hell?? I'm not that old but I just can't wrap my head around the heroin and meth BS.

You go to a party and some guys are smoking pot and ask you if you want to try some, they all are having a good time "sure why not." You're at a party and a dudes in the corner hunched over because it feels like his guys are getting ripped out and he's in and out of consciousness and he offers you his syringe, how in the F do say "yea you look like you're having a blast I'll try some of that!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you needed a 12 pack the weed wasn't very good... ha ha ha!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ....rob said:

Drug overdoses are no joke, but this epedimic isn't new. It's just being more widely broadcast in main stream media these days
There are reasons why the "War on drugs" isn't working, and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

As for this wall BS, if you think a wall on the Mexican border is going to keep drugs out of the US, you must be on drugs. Most ilegeal drugs are flown in. Meth? Start paying attention! Most of that crap is made here and distributed here.
Not sure of the intention of that new show "Snowfall", but a TV series about the beginnings of crack doesn't come across well in my book.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

download.gif

My wife and I head up a ministry through our church where we make meals and bring them to a park on Clinton Ave where both dealers and users frequent.  A small group of us buy, make the meals and hand them out twice a month from about may through November.   It's a sad condition but those addicted are people who really need some compassion.  We have seen some of the same people year after year. But we have also seen some success stories of those that have cleaned up and now lead a productive life.  It's not often but one of our strongest supporters of this program was a man that we met in that park while he was addicted.  Been clean for two years and has reunited with his family.  Seeing that type of change encourages us to keep going.  One life changed is worth it.  For those that haven't changed, I am still happy to provide a free meal.  And most of those I have talked to regret the actions that started them on this path.  God and a helping hand can make a difference.  Just my experience.  

• Like 12

8 hours ago, moog5050 said:

My wife and I head up a ministry through our church where we make meals and bring them to a park on Clinton Ave where both dealers and users frequent.  A small group of us buy, make the meals and hand them out twice a month from about may through November.   It's a sad condition but those addicted are people who really need some compassion.  We have seen some of the same people year after year. But we have also seen some success stories of those that have cleaned up and now lead a productive life.  It's not often but one of our strongest supporters of this program was a man that we met in that park while he was addicted.  Been clean for two years and has reunited with his family.  Seeing that type of change encourages us to keep going.  One life changed is worth it.  For those that haven't changed, I am still happy to provide a free meal.  And most of those I have talked to regret the actions that started them on this path.  God and a helping hand can make a difference.  Just my experience.  

Keep up the good work. I'm sure it has and will help others struggling with addictions and other problems that keep them searching for happiness in this life on earth.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Awesome work. You da man!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Didn't post my experience to highlight what we do Eddie (there are lots of more active outreach programs than ours), just to explain that some,although few, addicts will accept that helping hand and it can make a difference.  It's easy to become jaded but all of us have made bad choices.  With heroin, one bad decision can be, as TC mentioned, game over for your future.  

• Like 3