He finally shows!!!

31 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Not the greatest pic, but...Wannabe makes another first light appearance headed back to bed. Tried some editing to improve pics quality a bit.

July 19th:

IMAG0872 (3).JPG

Pretty cool...17 days of growth.  He usually pours on the tine/beam length from now til around August 10th.

IMAG0635 (2).JPG

Tell me thats not what its all about?  Well Ok..I guess only 99.9%!  Awesome dude right there!

50 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Time to let someone else try. I'm a youth hunter, please take me to this farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's see...according to the last season's DEC stats: WMU 8R had a total deer take of 15.8 psm / 5.8 bucks per square mile. This is NOT a buck from the suburbs or some non-hunted city park. He has made it though 6 gun seasons in a non managed area with pretty heavy hunting pressure. I kind of think he knows how to play the game...so all I gotta say is good luck to you.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Let's see...according to the last season's DEC stats: WMU 8R had a total deer take of 15.8 psm / 5.8 bucks per square mile. This is NOT a buck from the suburbs or some non-hunted city park. He has made it though 6 gun seasons in a non managed area with pretty heavy hunting pressure. I kind of think he knows how to play the game...so all I gotta say is good luck to you.

the 3 biggest bucks i've been after that are still roaming about have been verified one way or another to have been shot at at least twice in the past two seasons.  crazy how they make it through.  one buck even waits next to the road in a patch of cover until the bus comes. haha

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

it's awesome to see a buck reach that age.  doesn't matter how big it is but more than likely it'll be whatever is considered big.  hope you get a chance at him this fall.

I'm a 365 day a year whitetail freak.  I enjoy living deer more than dead ones and get as big of thrill in developing a history with individual bucks through trailcams/shed hunting as I do actually killing deer. This buck is an amazing animal regardless of antler size. Like I stated, I have six years of history with this particular deer which is probably something I'll never repeat. In this time, I have picked up one shed and had two encounters with him. I recently learned that a fellow forum member had him at 40 yds back in 2014. I will probably never get an opportunity to tag him and that's fine by me. I'm am very lucky to live in a productive area for big deer by NY standards. Just between this farm and the neighbors I have identified 15 bucks so far that are of the 3.5 year old shooter age. Basically, this deer is just eye candy and I'll try to focus on "more killable" deer.

• Like 4

the 3 biggest bucks i've been after that are still roaming about have been verified one way or another to have been shot at at least twice in the past two seasons.  crazy how they make it through.  one buck even waits next to the road in a patch of cover until the bus comes. haha

I have two bucks that are 8.5 yrs old this year. Both have been shot at and wounded and survived. In fact one of them took a 270 round through the stomach.. and lived! I know from being on the phone minutes after the shot and getting the photos of him feasting in my brassicas after dark. He also, one way or another became blind in one eye during the 2016 year. I Haven't seen him since he dropped his head gear last but I'm sure he's alive and well. The other old timer is indeed alive still. Seen him during early turkey season. It is crazy what the older real mature bucks go through season after season.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Not the greatest pic, but...Wannabe makes another first light appearance headed back to bed. Tried some editing to improve pics quality a bit.
July 19th:
IMAG0872 (3).JPG
Pretty cool...17 days of growth.  He usually pours on the tine/beam length from now til around August 10th.
IMAG0635 (2).JPG

A little more editing...and WOW...9pt..for sure
.the mass is awesome
Hard to let a deer grow that old....well done3e79373c788810bbf054e3445f37c67e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...