Get well wishes needed please

Zem18

So I've been absent from the site for awhile as things have been a little hectic here. My daughter has been battling a knee issue from soccer since November of last year. Multiple trips to different Doctors and the only thing that worked was a steroid shot in the tendons for about 3 or 4 days.

A few weeks later and she is feeling terrible and is told she has mono for the last two weeks of school and all through her finals as a freshman in high school. She had a few good days but more bad than anything else. More trips to doctors and her sypmtoms are getting worse by the day.

After our visit with the rhuematologist about two weeks ago, my daughter was diagnosed with Lupus. It has been the toughest thing for us to watch her go through this debilitating disease. Everything is swollen and she walks like a 90 year old all hunched over in pain.

Some good news out of this is she is now on a steroid which is helping immensely. She has lost 15lbs in the last few months but is regaining strength. Unfortunately her soccer career may be over but her health is the most important thing right now at age 14. I usually don't ask for prayers or well wishes but we sure could use some right about now. Thanks for reading.

Zem

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Ugh. That's so hard to grasp as a parent of a 14 yr old as well. We do everything we can everyday to protect them and then something like this comes a long and we feel completely helpless. The worst feeling there is too. The best of best wishes and prayers sent to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We have a couple thirteen year old daughters here right now (one will be turning fourteen in about a month) who are also into sports and have had some injuries and illnesses, so I know what you are going thru.   The good news is, those prayers work, so here goes one for her full recovery.     

• Like 1