Scope Suggestions Please

The 25-06 is one of my favorite cartridges for deer sized game. It definitely gives you flexibility in longrange shooting. I'd definitely look at a scope that will let you experience the potential of the 25-06 round. I used a Nikon PROSTAFF 5 3.5-14 BDC on a 25-06 I borrowed. Dialing in my rifle scope and ammo using Nikon's Spot On Program was easy and accurate. We banged 8 inch steel plates at 400 yards with no problem at all. 

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/PROSTAFF 5/prostaff5416.jpg

Nikon's Spot On Program will also let you optimize your load to a certain vitals sized target when using the Nikonplex reticle. As you can see it tells you the impact at 100 yards should be 2.37 inches high for a 295 yard point blank shot. Pretty cool info on this but if you really want to reach out the BDC reticle does give you the tools to shoot as far as you are comfortable shooting. As Buckmaster7600 said, it's all about the proper zero and then kowing what your bullet does once it leaves the barrel. 

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 6.22.42 PM.png

• Like 1

I am not a long range shooter...However, I like to be able to use my rifles out to their practical potential..

I have killed several big game animals at 300 yards, and a COUPLE of them at 400 yards...

The only rifle that I shot a WOODCHUCK  at 400 yards with was a Ruger M77  tang safety 25-06...

One of the most accurate rifles I have owned..I sold it because it was too damned heavy to haul around the deer woods..

• Like 1