turkeyfeathers

2017 Baseball thread Aka Saving the beer thread for beer.

10 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Now Biz can continue his praise of the Yankees here!!

Nah, this thread should be about "contenders", not "pretenders".

Will Dodgers break single season record of wins?

Will Altuve or Betts win the AL MVP?

Will anyone in the AL compete with Sale for CY Young?

Will the Red Sox add a 3B or go with the return of former all-star Brock Holt?

Are the Rays/Twins for real?

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Betts is +1100 right now to win the AL MVP, you should jump on that. Altuve is +600 

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

24 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Betts is +1100 right now to win the AL MVP, you should jump on that. Altuve is +600 

Altuve 5.28 WAR

Judge 5.19 WAR (but won't be in top 5 by end of year)

Betts 4.97 WAR

Correa 4.83 WAR (but out 6-8 weeks w/ injury)

I'm think the better Springer/Correa finish the more votes Altuve loses to his teammates. Trout is back and will shoot up the list very quickly. Currently at 3.63 but missed a ton of time.

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Couple pics from Pittsburgh , go each year to see the Cards . Caught Molina's HR pretty good.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Nice. Molina is a sure HOF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Who's hotter than Pedroia right now? I think he's got like 25 RBI in July

My Cardinal hate is slowly waning the more years we get away from Larussas retirement 

• Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Ozzie Smith is my favorite shortstop of all time. I also love seeing the Cardinals in the World Series (2004 and 2013)

• Like 1

Ozzie Smith is my favorite shortstop of all time. I also love seeing the Cardinals in the World Series (2004 and 2013)

Albert Pujols fan ?

Albert Pujols fan ?

No, only Ozzie Smith when I was a kid. Only like seeing them in WS because Red Sox always beat them (in my lifetime)

I started following them in '67. My Grandparents lived behind us and Id go over after school , the WS was on and Grampa was cheering for the Cards . That's all it took, btw in the '50's the Rochester Red Wings were the farm team of the Cards .

i saw Bob Gibbson pitch and Lo Brock steel a base in St.Louis back in the day . My favorite player of course is Al Habosky aka the mad Hungarian .

Some pics. A $3.50 ticket and a box for the game 8/6/74, and a pic of spring training in Fla. idk late '80's early '90's .

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 4

I actually loved the Tudor/Andujar Cards they were awesome

• Like 1

-Mitch Hedberg

I started following them in '67. My Grandparents lived behind us and Id go over after school , the WS was on and Grampa was cheering for the Cards . That's all it took, btw in the '50's the Rochester Red Wings were the farm team of the Cards .
i saw Bob Gibbson pitch and Lo Brock steel a base in St.Louis back in the day . My favorite player of course is Al Habosky aka the mad Hungarian .
Some pics. A $3.50 ticket and a box for the game 8/6/74, and a pic of spring training in Fla. idk late '80's early '90's .
image.jpeg
image.jpg

Nice. Spring training back in the day was awesome. As a kid in the late 80s and early 90s I went to Kissimmee for the month of march. Teaches gave me a bunch of homework but I would knock it the first few days and then just play baseball with my dad and grandpa all day and go to spring training games. Nobody would be there, I would get 5-8 balls per game between foul balls and homeruns. When I got back to NY in April I was head and heels ahead of all the other kids in baseball.

• Like 1

Btw, even ugliest man in baseball (Aaron Judge) is a Red Sox fan.

06e5c5e4ffcbaa62653e8b2d9183b531.png

That's the only way he could get a date with your sister!!default_taunt.gif

I don't have a sister. God will probably get me back with 2 daughters lol

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Judge pretty much won that game last night.

Yup. And the trades for some bullpen help didn't hurt either! Down the stretch, Go Yankees! Some of my earliest memories, are of sitting with my grandfather in the garage or barn, while listening to the Yankees on the radio. I do it now with my grandsons. Was born and will die, a fan of the players in the Bronx that wear the pinstripes! It's a family tradition. 

• Like 1

Ben Gamel from Seattle sorta seems like a DB. Watched him bump catcher on purpose ( Sanchez ) and now unnecessarily bump / run into first baseman And get a haircut , you look like Billy Ray Cyrus

• Like 1

Enter Rafael Devers!

Ben Gamel from Seattle sorta seems like a DB. Watched him bump catcher on purpose ( Sanchez ) and now unnecessarily bump / run into first baseman And get a haircut , you look like Billy Ray Cyrus

He's lucky he's the tying run or he'd get 102mph in his ear hole right now

-Mitch Hedberg

He's lucky he's the tying run or he'd get 102mph in his ear hole right now

And he fans on that 102 mph heater. Nice close by Chapman

• Like 1

A little rockier than I'd like but it's done

-Mitch Hedberg