turkeyfeathers

2017 Baseball thread Aka Saving the beer thread for beer.

And it's become quite clear that you're in love with Aaron Judge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

"Since then, they’ve gone 6-12. That’s the 27th worst record in the MLB out of 30 teams over that span. Over those 18 games, they’ve hit a measly .205 with a .572 OPS with both marks being the worst of any team in the majors."

Maybe the whole team should be sent down

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Keep dishin the Yanks love it!!

Tanaka just hit 14 Ks

Judge and Frazier homer, Division not "Dunzo", it's the Sox that aren't hitting .200 in the second half, they better make a move or three. EEI is Boston sports radio, best listen in the country

WS or bust.

Tanaka... congrats, era under 5 finally?

Sox don't need to. 2nd youngest team in MLB. I know if we don't win WS Yanks won't either in 2017, and I like our team better for 2018 anyway. AL goes thru CLE/HOU

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

"Since then, they’ve gone 6-12. That’s the 27th worst record in the MLB out of 30 teams over that span. Over those 18 games, they’ve hit a measly .205 with a .572 OPS with both marks being the worst of any team in the majors."

Maybe the whole team should be sent down

Judge will be in AAA at some point in 2018. 2 years in a row he can't hit after AS Break. Too big for baseball, too ugly for TV, maybe he needs a football helmet?

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Final question: what's the Yankees magic number for division? I'm Not concerned. Especially if Price can come back.

Final question: what's the Yankees magic number for division? I'm Not concerned. Especially if Price can come back.

Lol the break just ended. You should be very concerned. It's the end of July and that lineup can't hit a cow in the ass with a snow shovel. Yanks are vastly improved, so are Rays.

• Like 1

-Mitch Hedberg

Lol the break just ended. You should be very concerned. It's the end of July and that lineup can't hit a cow in the ass with a snow shovel. Yanks are vastly improved, so are Rays.

But pitching wins and ours is head and heels better than Yanks/Rays. We had historic offense last year and that didn't work out well in the playoffs. To win the WS you need that ace to carry your team. We have that now in Sale. Rays/Yanks won't win WS so it doesn't matter. Sox are in a great position to be very good for many years to come. We having a bad stretch and playing hottest team in baseball. Yanks not long ago lost 6 straight, it happens. Btw, I heard MLB is giving Sale the CY Young award at Yankee stadium on 8/11.

2009!

Biz , put these b47b455ed8ed450b939d4a501a0f26b5.jpg&key=1b46ca14108b747b1057efbc6b7340c463c4bfa71a758510ab78f11907fe23f8anti Judge stats in your pipe and smoke it

I can't see sideways but he hit .179 in 2nd half last year and probably about the same this year.

Walk off win for the Sox! What a slide by fat Sandy!

Turkeyfeathers just aged himself.  The younger generation now check our stats and standings online.  Who the heck reads papers?  You can even sort by category, breakdown by month, ballpark, etc!  It's amazing.

• Like 1

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

12 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Turkeyfeathers just aged himself.  The younger generation now check our stats and standings online.  Who the heck reads papers?  You can even sort by category, breakdown by month, ballpark, etc!  It's amazing.

Just sitting in my rocking chair at the retirement home at the moment, smoking a pipe, waiting for our Sunday game of bingo to start  Highlight is the afternoon spongebath though:pleasantry:

• Like 2

But pitching wins and ours is head and heels better than Yanks/Rays. We had historic offense last year and that didn't work out well in the playoffs. To win the WS you need that ace to carry your team. We have that now in Sale. Rays/Yanks won't win WS so it doesn't matter. Sox are in a great position to be very good for many years to come. We having a bad stretch and playing hottest team in baseball. Yanks not long ago lost 6 straight, it happens. Btw, I heard MLB is giving Sale the CY Young award at Yankee stadium on 8/11.

2009!

What?? You have Sale, having a Pedro 99 like year. After that, whatevs. Pomeranz is fine, so is Porcello. Decent pitchers. Price has TJ surgery written all over him. Yanks got better today via another great trade

• Like 1

-Mitch Hedberg

What?? You have Sale, having a Pedro 99 like year. After that, whatevs. Pomeranz is fine, so is Porcello. Decent pitchers. Price has TJ surgery written all over him. Yanks got better today via another great trade

I'd take all 4 of those guys first before Severino. And if ERod didn't get hurt him too.

Severiino set to pitch tonight.

Matt Barnes blew one yesterday for us, or we'd be in first place. Let the games begin. Gonna be a fun 2 months!

Addison Reed to the Red Sox

Sonny Gray to Yanks. I guess he's their number 1 now. Bodes well for Red Sox, who he has an 5.16 era against

22 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Sonny Gray to Yanks. I guess he's their number 1 now. Bodes well for Red Sox, who he has an 5.16 era against

I was looking at his stats the other day. ( On line and not the paper Elmo ,lol ) Not very impressive

• Like 2

Darvish to the Dodgers. They already 43 games over .500, but no Kershaw for a while.

Gray is injury prone.  Dodgers look scary.  I'm shocked my Mets didn't get enough for Addison Reed.  Boston's farm system is bone dry.

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

Gray is injury prone.  Dodgers look scary.  I'm shocked my Mets didn't get enough for Addison Reed.  Boston's farm system is bone dry.

Bone dry because they all in the majors. Betts, Bradley, Boegarts, Benintendi, Devers, Vasquez, etc. feels like Betts and Bogarts been around for years because they have. But they both only 24. Devers youngest player in all of MLB by far, Benintendi is 23