turkeyfeathers

2017 Baseball thread Aka Saving the beer thread for beer.

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Bone dry because they all in the majors. Betts, Bradley, Boegarts, Benintendi, Devers, Vasquez, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know.  Plus traded a bunch away for Sales.  Like the Mets a couple of years ago when Harvey, deGrom, Syndergaard, Matz, Wheeler, Conforto, Familia, and co. all came up.  Then they traded Fulmer to the Tigers for Cespedes.

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

I know.  Plus traded a bunch away for Sales.  Like the Mets a couple of years ago when Harvey, deGrom, Syndergaard, Matz, Wheeler, Conforto, Familia, and co. all came up.  Then they traded Fulmer to the Tigers for Cespedes.

Yea I'm not complaining about Sale deal. Best pitcher in baseball and only making like $12M or something.

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea I'm not complaining about Sale deal. Best pitcher in baseball and only making like $12M or something.

Second best maybe behind Kershaw

He's not even playing. Sale's numbers more impressive in AL East.

Pedroia might go to DL. if so, pack it up

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

I'd take all 4 of those guys first before Severino. And if ERod didn't get hurt him too.

That's just silly. I still wish you were the Sox GM

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

I hate the Gray deal. Gave up too much

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

20 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I hate the Gray deal. Gave up too much

Idk bud.  I kinda like it for the fact we dealt two guys who had major injuries.  If they come back and fulfill their potential then we might have overpaid.  But thats a big if.  Gray is a top of the rotation starter. Time will tell but im all for it. 

That's just silly. I still wish you were the Sox GM

I'm dead serious. I think Severino is overrated and will be nothing more than back end of rotation guy.

Here's my list if I had both teams' starters.

Sale
Price
Porcello (down year this year but guy has proven himself many years)
Pomeranz
E Rod (huge upside- thx Orioles)
Severino
Sonny Gray

Go Royals
Go Indians
Go Astros
Go Dodgers/Nats

Yanks can't get them through them all, and we will be healthier/better next year than Yanks anyway.

Idk bud.  I kinda like it for the fact we dealt two guys who had major injuries.  If they come back and fulfill their potential then we might have overpaid.  But thats a big if.  Gray is a top of the rotation starter. Time will tell but im all for it. 

I'll backtrack a little, I thought Florial went. You're absolutely right it's a good move. Yanks are taking the division

-Mitch Hedberg

I'm dead serious. I think Severino is overrated and will be nothing more than back end of rotation guy.

Here's my list if I had both teams' starters.

Sale
Price
Porcello (down year this year but guy has proven himself many years)
Pomeranz
E Rod (huge upside- thx Orioles)
Severino
Sonny Gray

In what alternate universe is a guy that throws 100 with movement 100 pitches into a start over rated? He's third in the Cy Young running. I'll save you a post, I realize Sale has it locked up. I actually think you're trolling and I bit like a tuna

-Mitch Hedberg

Go Royals
Go Indians
Go Astros
Go Dodgers/Nats

Yanks can't get them through them all, and we will be healthier/better next year than Yanks anyway.

You're using the "we'll have a better draft pick anyway" defense that us Bills fans invented, save it buddy!

-Mitch Hedberg

You're using the "we'll have a better draft pick anyway" defense that us Bills fans invented, save it buddy!

Not a draft pick, same team but healthier. We going to playoffs too.

In what alternate universe is a guy that throws 100 with movement 100 pitches into a start over rated? He's third in the Cy Young running. I'll save you a post, I realize Sale has it locked up. I actually think you're trolling and I bit like a tuna

3rd? No way. Not even top 10.

8772cdabc88489cb0c5f458f5d5686be.png

Wow. Devers!

3b03be9e022d2173f1e55428faa62b77.jpg

I'm a baseball umpire and yesterday I umpired Brandon Phillips son in a tournament. Let me tell you I've never seen a 12 year old hit a ball like he did. Great genetics. 

• Like 2

I'm a baseball umpire and yesterday I umpired Brandon Phillips son in a tournament. Let me tell you I've never seen a 12 year old hit a ball like he did. Great genetics. 

I bet. Growing up I played basketball against Ben Gordon and football against Ray Rice. Neither were real big but they were men amongst boys.

16 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Yes...you can also argue for Max Scherzer too.

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

2 hours ago, Elmo said:

Yes...you can also argue for Max Scherzer too.

Scherzer and Sale won the 2017 CY Young's already.

POST ALL STAR STATS FOR THE "GREATEST PLAYER EVER", Aaron Judge.

2016: 15/84, .179AVG, 4HR, 10RBI, 42K's, 9BB, .263OBP, .345SLG, .608OPS

2017: 10/59, .169AVG, 4HR, 9RBI, 26K's, 15BB, .333OBP, .373SLG, .706OPS

Eerily similar....the stats don't lie.

POST ALL STAR STATS FOR THE "GREATEST PLAYER EVER", Aaron Judge.
2016: 15/84, .179AVG, 4HR, 10RBI, 42K's, 9BB, .263OBP, .345SLG, .608OPS
2017: 10/59, .169AVG, 4HR, 9RBI, 26K's, 15BB, .333OBP, .373SLG, .706OPS
Eerily similar....the stats don't lie.

Saving himself for the playoffs. Like moving day in a PGA major. How many games have Yankees won in the last 8 or 9. It's a team sport.

13 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Saving himself for the playoffs. Like moving day in a PGA major. How many games have Yankees won in the last 8 or 9. It's a team sport.

Haha, yea i'm sure Judge enjoys shitting the bed to a tune of .169. He will never compete in HR Derby again I'm betting.

If Girardi doesn't win a playoff series, he will not be back next year. It's on a silver platter for him. Even the Red Sox GM called them the Golden State Warriors. World Series or he should be fired! I'm betting they can't get out of ALDS (assuming they even win AL East). If they have to play a 1 game playoff, they are DUNZO

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Man , you're such a yankee hater

I'm actually not. But all this overhype about Judge is grinding my gears. He is quickly ascending up the ranks of my hatred list (which only contains 1 Yankee- Arod).

I'm saying the Yanks have no excuse not to win the AL East now, unless Joe G butchers it

Pedroia to DL. Now I'm 110% sure if Girardi doesn't win AL East he is gone