turkeyfeathers

2017 Baseball thread Aka Saving the beer thread for beer.

4th inning. Awfully quiet on this thread- similar to Stanton’s bat the entire season thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

4th inning. Awfully quiet on this thread- similar to Stanton’s bat the entire season thus far.

4th inning. Awfully quiet on this thread-

6a418fabf26e11e8854a2e3393d835b7.jpg

Fight fight fight!!!

About time. Been begging for this since 2004. Finally the rivalry is back! 17 more games to go.

• Like 3

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

10 hours ago, crappyice said:

Fight fight fight!!!

After baseball, Judge and Stanton could be tag team champions in the WWE!!!   :codemafia::tommy:

• Like 1

After baseball, Judge and Stanton could be tag team champions in the WWE!!!   :codemafia::tommy:

They looked like MEN along BOYS in that scrum!

They looked like MEN along BOYS in that scrum!

Neither threw a punch, but yes they are bigger than 99% of the guys in MLB History.

Ya Betts Believe Mookie is headed to HOF though, while Judge isn’t.

Anyone see Zimmeran get hit by the line drive ? 

MLB need to do something to protect the pitchers instead of making rules to speed up the game.

Someone is gonna get seriously hurt. It seems to be happening with more frequency.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

MLB need to do something to protect the pitchers instead of making rules to speed up the game.

Someone is gonna get seriously hurt. It seems to be happening with more frequency.

All the multi-hundred million dollar contracts in sports are insured. At some point these insurance companies are going to insist that hitters wear a mask, pitchers a helmet, hockey players a cage, etc

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

39 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

All the multi-hundred million dollar contracts in sports are insured. At some point these insurance companies are going to insist that hitters wear a mask, pitchers a helmet, hockey players a cage, etc

I agree. You'd think team management, would want to protect their investment in a player, at all costs? Along with the insurance companies.

The jaw saving helmets (like Stanton wears) is mandatory at single A I believe. It’s coming sooner or later to MLB

I'd go full storm trooper like Bonds did

• Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Unless something big happens here in the 9th. This rubber match has been a big letdown.

Ya have to think if Price wasn’t hurt, this would have been a sweep. Once again pitching wins out, 2 really bad performances offensively for Yanks to go along with zero starting pitching.

Routine Double Play blown. This will be a 6-4 win

On 4/12/2018 at 9:27 AM, Water Rat said:

They get paid enough $. Risk versus reward 

Sox 12-2. Wow

536508299d8ca2b6c06b5124ebd06c46.jpg

Now 13-2. Wow

ESPN power rankings.  Justifiably so Red Sox ranked number 1.  But why are the Astros and Angels ranked ahead of the Mets?  12-2 and their two best hitters haven't even started heating up yet.

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

ESPN power rankings.  Justifiably so Red Sox ranked number 1.  But why are the Astros and Angels ranked ahead of the Mets?  12-2 and their two best hitters haven't even started heating up yet.

Mets got Nats (no Scherzer or Strasburg), Braves, Cardinals the next 10 games. This should be a good test. Even 6-4, would put them in a great spot at 18-6

Ohtani vs the Sox in Anaheim. Gonna be a late night!

Best series of the young season starts tonight.

Red Sox (13-2) at Angels (13-3).

Price/Ohtani in the opener.

• Like 1

Best series of the young season starts tonight.

Red Sox (13-2) at Angels (13-3).

Price/Ohtani in the opener.

Me. Ohtani, welcome to Red Sox baseball.

66 pitches. 2IP, 3ER