turkeyfeathers

2017 Baseball thread Aka Saving the beer thread for beer.

Sox World Series to loose anything else will be the biggest choke away in sports history, Book it!!!!

Settle down. Many hot starts in mlb history haven’t equated to anything more.

Yanks were 15-8 last April
Indians won 22 straight game last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Boston is one of, if not THE hottest team in MLB right now. But there is a long way to go! Barring injuries, or a huge slump, the Sox will be in the battle, right down to the end this year. They have a great line up, and stellar pitching.  That pitching will keep them in it, even if the bats quiet down now and then.

Yankee's will right the ship at some point, and make it interesting. They have too much talent not too. If they do implode, it will be a short stay for Boone, I'd think.

As a baseball fan, this is all good!

Boston is one of, if not THE hottest team in MLB right now. But there is a long way to go! Barring injuries, or a huge slump, the Sox will be in the battle, right down to the end this year. They have a great line up, and stellar pitching.  That pitching will keep them in it, even if the bats quiet down now and then.
Yankee's will right the ship at some point, and make it interesting. They have too much talent not too. If they do implode, it will be a short stay for Boone, I'd think.
As a baseball fan, this is all good!

Yanks have 2 major problems. One- starting pitching since that is what wins in this league. The second is their lineup is not deep. Yes, they have 4 big hitters, but 1 through 9 is not as scary as Astros or Red Sox.

• Like 1

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yanks have 2 major problems. One- starting pitching since that is what wins in this league. The second is their lineup is not deep. Yes, they have 4 big hitters, but 1 through 9 is not as scary as Astros or Red Sox.

Agreed!  As a Yankee's fan, I see a lot of holes to be filled, before they can 'right the ship'. Pitching, except for Severino , is shaky at best right now. There is a bunch of big money talent, that is not producing as expected, at this point. But I do think they will gather it up and make a strong run at some point. Weather that will be too little, too late, remains to be seen.

• Like 1

15-2, wow!

So, the Boston Red Sox are pretty good. They're now 15-2 after clobbering the Los Angeles Angels for the second night in a row with a 9-0 win, which is noteworthy because the Angels began the week with just as much buzz and the Red Sox have turned them into a speed bump.

They're 15-2 even though Dustin Pedroia, Xander Bogaerts and Drew Pomeranz are on the DL, J.D. Martinez is just starting to heat up, their catchers are hitting .212 without a home run, Andrew Benintendi hasn’t homered, and they blew a 4-0 lead in the eighth inning on Opening Day. Heck, they haven’t even played the Chicago White Sox, Detroit Tigers or Kansas City Royals yet.

I think this thread is going to turn into the Biz/Red Sox show all summer lol

Like last year?

Man I can’t wait for a month of slump 

MLB everyday! Who doesn’t watch multiple games every single weeknight?

I mentioned to my son that Brock Holt looked like a female with the long hair . Holt hit his 1st home run of the season the other night and I noticed that he had a very short hair cut . My son said that when he had the long hair that a little girl asked Holt if he was the wife of one of the players . :taunt:

97.3% of statistics are made up
Semper Fi !

Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver !

I mentioned to my son that Brock Holt looked like a female with the long hair . Holt hit his 1st home run of the season the other night and I noticed that he had a very short hair cut . My son said that when he had the long hair that a little girl asked Holt if he was the wife of one of the players . default_taunt.gif

Lol. But never forget Holt was an all star a few years ago!

I'm always skeptically of 6'0" guys throwing 100 mph.  They always and I mean always, have arm trouble later on.  The successful ones learn how to pitch with their secondary stuff or use location and angles (Pedro Martinez and Bartolo Colon).  Let's see how Severino does when his arm inevitably fall off.

• Like 1

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

Ya Betts Believe (Mookie)

• Like 1

16-2. WOW

• Like 1

Pomeranz horrible. Should go right back to DL

17-2. Wow.

2017 Sox : 0 Grand Slams
2018 Sox : 5 Grand Slams

• Like 1

No hitter alert Guy on A's is 6 outs away from no hitter vs Red Sox!

The impossible has happened! Wow. No hitter vs Red Sox

• Like 1