Best way to quiet a recurve

Caveman

I'm on a mission to make my recurve as quiet as I possibly can.  I've read good things about the bow hush and hush puppy.  Unfortunately, the site is temporarily closed and I can't order them.  Anyone who has tried the bow hush, how does it compare to ordinary felt where the string hits the limb coupled with some old fashioned beaver balls?  

I have tried most silencing methods including bow hush and hush puppies. They are good BUT a mountain muffler string and heavy arrows are the absolute best.  Steve B on this site makes the strings.  I will never use another string. Silencers built in and they absolutely work.  My bows are whisper quiet. 

I actually just upgraded to a FF flemish twist from the original Dacron string that came with the bow.  I'm pretty new to traditional archery.  I'm not planning on hunting with it until next year, so I'm really just learning the ropes at the moment.  I don't think I've shot a bow without cams since cub scouts.  

I've been meaning to look into Steve B's strings.  I read your review on here a while ago and it piqued my interest.   

Caveman check out Tradgang  online.  Put something out there that you are looking for an extra setof bow hush and  if anybody is willing to part with them.  Also in two week one of the big trad events is going on. Denton Hill if you are close go and you will get a lot of help and feed back about your bow. Great guys down there and they are willing to help.  

I like the wooly whispers on my bow they do a great job but they do get wet if hunting in the heavy rain! You can get cat whiskers and put two on top and bottom and the correct didtance which will work, brush button etc. 

What kind of bow are you shooting?

bow manufacturer has a recommended brace height range for each bow model.  if you twist or untwist your new string to get the bow at the right brace height that's the sweet spot.  you'll know because it'll have a lot less vibration/noise and probably shoot a little faster.  that's the first thing you should do.

you can make them yourself.  i bought wool yarn that was ombre colored to match my bow finish.  in acclimate weather if they get wet and frosty though it'll significantly slow the bow down.

another spot is lightly wrapping the string loop ends with yarn where they contact the string grooves of the limbs.  others will use something like moleskin tape there in the grooves.