I Got Bit...ignorant dog owners are out there

greg54

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

The second a dog sinks its teeth into my body, its going to die. If I see one attack one of my kids, its going to die. I dont honestly give a rats ass how much someone loves it. If one of my dogs did something similar and someone shot it, I would understand. Sure Id be a little sad to lose a pet, but as soon as said pet becomes aggressive to the point of biting someone that is not provoking it, something has to be done about it.

Nailed it. 

Greg, good bloody job reporting it. That dog needs to get needled and a job well done it will be.

I think a lot of dog owners are insufferable pricks who are utterly inconsiderate. My next door neighbor has had the town called multiple times and I got the town supervisor to actually write them a letter finally saying the next time I catch their dog on my property or out barking at all hours they will go to court. I have outdoor security cams and everything nicely documented.

A couple of weeks ago I was minding my own business on my yard as their large dog (a retriever that they have somehow turned from being a beautiful breed into a nasty dog) unleashed yet again came onto my property. This dog looked damn near rabid. How they made it this way I haven no idea, but I was picking up a fist sized stone to weigh something down just before it came up to me. It got within several feet and I was about to brain it. But, it's a lab so I thought no way it will attack, so I turned to walk off and then it kept moving on me, so then I moved toward it to kick it in the head and then it finally ran off. I caught all this on camera.

Instead of going to the town (my neighbor is in the depths of a life crisis so I didn't want to pile things on with a court trip for them) I sent them the video saying don't let this happen again. Do you know what they said? NOTHING. Not a thing. Not a single apology. My daughter is unable to leave the house when that thing is out (even though it's on a leash these days mostly).

Edited by Core
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Core said:

Greg, good bloody job reporting it. That dog needs to get needled and a job well done it will be.

I think a lot of dog owners are insufferable pricks who are utterly inconsiderate. My next door neighbor has had the town called multiple times and I got the town supervisor to actually write them a letter finally saying the next time I catch their dog on my property or out barking at all hours they will go to court. I have outdoor security cams and everything nicely documented.

A couple of weeks ago I was minding my own business on my yard as their large dog (a retriever that they have somehow turned from being a beautiful breed into a nasty dog) unleashed yet again came onto my property. This dog looked damn near rabid. How they made it this way I haven no idea, but I was picking up a fist sized stone to weigh something down just before it came up to me. It got within several feet and I was about to brain it. But, it's a lab so I thought no way it will attack, so I turned to walk off and then it kept moving on me, so then I moved toward it to kick it in the head and then it finally ran off. I caught all this on camera.

Instead of going to the town (my neighbor is in the depths of a life crisis so I didn't want to pile things on with a court trip for them) I sent them the video saying don't let this happen again. Do you know what they said? NOTHING. Not a thing. Not a single apology. My daughter is unable to leave the house when that thing is out (even though it's on a leash these days mostly).

No one should have to be felt like their "captive" in their own house because the neighbor is so blind to see the type of dog they own as being agressive. But for your daughters safety you have no choice. And that is even after you showed them video....blatant stupidity on their part. I have already contacted the lawyers, and they are gathering the facts and doing what they need to do, and I will feel better knowing the animal won't her anybody else, especially a child. Good luck withyour neighbors Core, they sound like they have concrete bricks for brains.

I was gonna shoot a dog running deer a few years back...Turns out  people came looking for it that night....Never in all the years I have hunted did I ever see this.. But she was chasing a doe and her 2 yearlings past my stand...I was gonna kill it but held off..Glad I did not kill her because we knew the family pretty well

58 minutes ago, Core said:

I think a lot of dog owners are insufferable pricks who are utterly inconsiderate.

woah. you just went another direction there buddy. My golden is 12. And our first child before we had our human 3. He's as well mannered and behaved as you could ask for and that's because we raised him that way.

We walk him on a leash but we dont have to. He never leaves the yard to chase a deer, dog or person. He may bark if he doesn't recognize you or you knock on the door, but that's what dogs are for. The only time he gets aggressive is if me and the misses are play fighting. Don't mess with his momma and I absolutely love that about him.

To categorize "a lot of dog owners" that way is just unfair. 

• Like 2

ny hunter that is a totally different situation...It is illegal PERIOD to shoot a dog running deer and the DEC are the only ones that can do that...get caught and the fines are steep. Calling the DEC and insisting on filing a report...should you know who's dog...and this is what the officers will tell you.." We talked to the owners and either :

1. the kids let it out, Never happen again''

2. wasn't our dog ,our dog never left the house''

Then they will say so we gave a warning but YOU need to get pictures. BTW you better have a damn good camera because ..Well that's not the best picture...blah...blah blah... been there done that, several times...INSIST on reports or record your conversations and I can tell you they HATE that.

55 minutes ago, Belo said:

woah. you just went another direction there buddy. My golden is 12. And our first child before we had our human 3. He's as well mannered and behaved as you could ask for and that's because we raised him that way.

We walk him on a leash but we dont have to. He never leaves the yard to chase a deer, dog or person. He may bark if he doesn't recognize you or you knock on the door, but that's what dogs are for. The only time he gets aggressive is if me and the misses are play fighting. Don't mess with his momma and I absolutely love that about him.

To categorize "a lot of dog owners" that way is just unfair. 

It's absolutely true. I didn't say all; I said a lot. This thread is filled with evidence exactly supporting what I just said. Never said most, or all, or virtually all or anything else, merely "a lot".

Just in my neighborhood in addition to my neighbor there is another neighbor that lets their four dogs run around in their backyard barking and hollering like it's a kennel (against town ordinance I'll add), another who until recently kept letting their dog out and it would walk all around the neighborhood (again against town ordinance). So that's just in several houses in my immediate area. I think three in my immediate area is "a lot".

Edited by Core
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greg54 said:

No one should have to be felt like their "captive" in their own house because the neighbor is so blind to see the type of dog they own as being agressive. But for your daughters safety you have no choice. And that is even after you showed them video....blatant stupidity on their part. I have already contacted the lawyers, and they are gathering the facts and doing what they need to do, and I will feel better knowing the animal won't her anybody else, especially a child. Good luck withyour neighbors Core, they sound like they have concrete bricks for brains.

If this dog were a pit bull I would have shown no mercy whatsoever and it would already have been taken away from them the first time, or the second time, or even the third time it chased my daughter onto my property. To be honest I've been far too lax over it but only because I have a very high regard for golden labs and despite it being the most aggressive one I've ever seen I have a very hard time imagining it being anything more than surprised if it actually catches up to anybody.

In any case, I am of the understanding these neighbors are about to get divorced and there has been talk of them selling the house, so literally every neighbor in the area has their fingers crossed.

But also note... when they do go after the owners of dogs running deer in NYS there are big fines to the owners. I think it's federal as well... I remember turning one neighbor in and it was mentioned he could get jail time as a 3 strike thing...not sure if that was true but there was  retaliation towards me for turning the dog in instead of shooting..go figure!:rolleyes:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Core said:

It's absolutely true. I didn't say all; I said a lot. This thread is filled with evidence exactly supporting what I just said. Never said most, or all, or virtually all or anything else, merely "a lot".

Just in my neighborhood in addition to my neighbor there is another neighbor that lets their four dogs run around in their backyard barking and hollering like it's a kennel (against town ordinance I'll add), another who until recently kept letting their dog out and it would walk all around the neighborhood (again against town ordinance). So that's just in several houses in my immediate area. I think three in my immediate area is "a lot".

"a lot" is similar to "most"... many american families have a dog. Some bad experiences don't equate to most or a lot for me. You wont convince me otherwise. These kinds of generalizations are what drives the divide in race, gender etc. Needs to stop. Maybe those in your neighborhood are just shit people who happen to own a dog who becomes an extension of their shittyness. 

18 minutes ago, Belo said:

"a lot" is similar to "most"... many american families have a dog. Some bad experiences don't equate to most or a lot for me. You wont convince me otherwise. These kinds of generalizations are what drives the divide in race, gender etc. Needs to stop. Maybe those in your neighborhood are just shit people who happen to own a dog who becomes an extension of their shittyness. 

I am a dog owner. Ours is either in our fenced yard or on a leash. Of the other 5 dogs in the immediate neighborhood. the owners are inconsiderate Aholes that never control their dogs, let them roam and dig and sh!t anywhere they please. One is a very good friend of mine and his dog has about cost the friendship. It is agressive to the point I will not go in their yard if invited. When asked why I don't come over I flat out told them I didn't want the legal headaches or it totally ruining the firendship over a dog because if it bit one of my family I would kill it right in front of them.   It has bitten two people already. 

I think a lot of this comes from shitty neighborhoods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

"You wont convince me otherwise."

I won't attempt to further. I've expended the maximum effort I intend to explaining how "a lot" != "most". That's it; I'm tapped out. Most dog owners in my neighborhood are not insufferable pricks, but a lot of them are. :)

Edited by Core

Ya so isn't my shepherd...but it was a yellow lab that charged me foaming at the mouth with a red chest and it's chocolate partner I ended up hitting when I shot to protect my self...The DEC said it would have gone for my throat and I was lucky I had my shot gun with me... It is not the breed ...it is the owner...I have known some of the best pitbulls around raised with baby animals and submissive...but poodles and poms that would just as soon gnaw your hand or foot off as to look at you...

Some of these dogs are a lot like people in that there personality can range through all extremes. Some of these monsters are made by owners, and some just simply are high-strung and nasty for no apparent reason. there was a Border Collie (a well known sheep dog breed) that got involved in killing some of our sheep. Some of the misbehavior as far as sheep killers comes from the bad influences of free-running dogs. Not necessarily feral dogs, but simply family pets that were allowed to run-free and get into whatever trouble they could find. They seem to have bad influences on each other. Who knows what kinds of influences turn calm pets into uncontrolled hazards?

There is a camp a little ways down from me that has a German Shepard that I am sure I would shoot if he ever got off the chain. I have no fear of dogs what so ever, but I know a mean dog when I see one... he's a big boy and would be tough to fend off.  I'll take my chances and shoot first, ask questions later. I don't want any dog wrecking my chances at becoming a swim suit model. :)

• Like 2

Glad your ok! Any update on what happened to the dog?
As bad as I would have felt to report the dog, imagine if it was some kid instead of a grown adult that could fend off the dog. The thing needs to be put down. I've never owned a dog so I can't comment on how much the owner is at fault, but she should at least keep the thing inside if it's already attacked other people.
If I had a CC I would have taken the shot as soon as it bit. You don't know if that dog is trying to kill you or just has a tendency to nip. be honest I don't really care to find out either way. Back where my father grew up, a dog like that would have been killed by the OWNER on the spot. It's a German Shepard not a little bird dog or lap dog. They can do some serious damage and even kill if they hit the right spot. That lady had zero shame to not even ask if you were ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk